It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:26 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson Dieter's - Chat 1

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Hayley » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:29 am

Good idea Dolly, thanks. I'm feeling really energised this morning even though it feels like it's below zero in The Vines this morning! I've never actually tried decaf coffee before, so if they have that option, I might give that a go. Last night in bed, the naughty thoughts started creeping into my head - if I only have one latte it won't make much difference to this diet, if I only have one scone with jam and cream it won't make much difference etc etc. I have a better attitude towards it this morning though, and I'm determined to do the right thing at the cafe today and I will not consume anything that is not allowed on this diet. I'm spending enough money on this thing and I promised my husband I would do it properly for 2 weeks and then see how I feel - SO NO SCONES OR REAL COFFEE ETC FOR ME TODAY! :lol:

I jumped on the cheapy scales this morning and they say 89kg. 2 days ago I was on 91.2kg, so I'm pretty excited but I don't want to get too excited until I get on Mel's digital scales tomorrow. They'll tell me more accurately. I'm going to her house for lunch tomorrow but am not worried about breaking the diet 'cos she's also trying to lose weight and is very supportive of my efforts. She's trying the weight watchers no points program and has joined her local gym. Mel is aware of what I can and can't have, so she's making us up a tomato soup and I'll take my shake along too. Then afer lunch we're going to take my son and her dog for a long walk/run at her local dog park (if it's not raining of course).

I spoke to my mother-in-law about the diet yesterday and explained what it was. She's also very supportive and said that if I get some good results within the 2 weeks, then she might jump on board and give it a go too. I'd love to get my mum involve too, but I don't think she'll go for it at the moment - she really needs to be in the right frame of mind to stick to diets and as she's a teacher who is very unhappy with her current placement in Perth, she's a little depressed so I think I'll leave it for a while. Who know though, seeing me lose weight amy be the incentive/motivation she needs to join too!!

Having you guys to talk to about this is so helpful and motivating. I'm basically at home all day every day and my biggest problem is that I eat when I'm bored not hungry. So, whenever I start to feel bored or tempted by the huge bag of chocolate eggs still in our fridge, I just log on here and write to you some more. Hope you don't mind but it is really helping me.

Have a great day girls and you'll probably hear from me again very soon.

Hayley :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:36 am

I'm so glad you're feeling strong this morning, let's hope it holds out. We are both keen to hear if you managed to stick to your plan.

Wouldn't it be great if you managed to get your mother or mother-in-law to join us here to do the TF diet.
I know what your mum means about getting in the right frame of mind to start dieting again.
At the moment seeing daily results is keeping me from breaking the diet. I'm normally a compulsive picker that keeps roaming the house opening and re-opening the cupboards, fridge and even searching for my husbands private stash of choc's/lollies, but since being on this diet I no longer feel like picking and snacking :shock:
Guess I'll have to find a new hobby.

Hayleyd, I hope the mini aero bars and sakatas aren't calling your name again. I know from past experience that until I've eaten er....I mean got rid of all the naughty foods in the house I'm unable to stay strong through the weak moments during dieting.
Thinking of you and hoping you stay strong.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:51 pm

Did I cave in, you're wondering???????

NO!! Yippee, I was a very good girl. I had my daily tea allowance with a tiny bit of low-fat milk and no sugar! It was a bit hard not to order a coffee but I managed and feel really good about myself now. The tea and Connor's chocolate milkshake came with yummy looking shortbread biscuit and I didn't eat any of them. My friend also ordered some fresh scones with jam and cream (my favourite) and I resisted the temptation to have even the smallest bite, so I'm pleased. I knew I could do it!

Just had my banana lunch shake and added an unripe banana to it while blending. The sachet actually made the unripe banana taste quite nice! When Connor goes down for a little nap shortly, I will have a small bowl of vegetable soup and that should be enough to last me until tea time.

I'll be back again later to find out how your day has been. Hope you've both managed to stay strong.

This is a very exciting journey - let's stick to it!!! :D
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Thu Apr 27, 2006 4:19 pm

YIPEE!!!! you did it! you did it! you did it! Woohoo Hayley! Image

So far so good with my diet but DH George is cooking some cipolatas and the smell is making my mouth water. If you can be strong so can I :D
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:48 pm

Stay strong Dolly and resist the yummy food that your hubby is cooking - it'll be worth it in the end!

Let me know how the rest of your night goes.

Hayley D, how has your day been? I hope you're managing to stay positive! Let us know how you've been going 'cos we'd love to hear.

I can't wait to jump on Mel's digital scales tomorrow - I hope I see some positive progress, if not I'll try not to let it get me down and I'll keep persevering! I have just got back from a 50min brisk walk. That was all I could manage as I started to feel quite light headed. Will walk again tomorrow, with Mel, so it will make it more interesting.

Stay strong, Hayley :wink:
Hayley

Postby Hayleyd » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:40 am

WELL DONE HAYLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!
How good are scones and jam and you resisted-your friend shouldnt have had them though in front of you-they should suffer too :lol:
Guys Im so proud of you both you're doing really, really well.I'm plugging along but must confess last night at work I ate 4 or 5 buttersnap cookies....I did have tuna and salad for tea.When we order stock in the company gives us biscuits either chocolate or shapes.Last night I caved and couldnt stop at one :roll: But youll be pleased to know I am not back at work again until tue!!!!!!Apart from that I am doing good at home.I feel like Ive lost and will get on the scales sun 1st thing and let you know.Was going to do it mon but I cant wait!!Eating the diet jelly helps a lot.
Sun morning we all need to weigh ok.I havent started the exercise yet but will soon (I so wish I had a treadmill)
Be good as I will be 8)
HayleyD

Ps-Hi to Lizzie..thanks for saying hi to us.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:19 am

94.0kg

Hayleyd, how awful that they keep bringing evil tempting foods into your work place. At least you'll be able to stay on track until Tuesday from here on in. First thing you should do is get a bag and run through your house collecting anything tempting that may have been left there by anyone else (ie.. chocolates, lolliies, biscuits etc..)
Then give a trustworthy member in your house the bag and ask them to please keep it in their car. That's what I did so I wouldn't be tempted during the hungry first three days of this diet.
It actually takes the full 3 days to get rid of craving for those sugary, starchy, tempting foods, so it looks like you've been given that chance. Three days without junk food isn't easy but there is something in the shakes that stops you craving after the 3 days have passed. You can do it!!!

Having said all that, I have to confess I made a big boo boo last night with my own eating. Mid afternoon I thought I won't bother eating what the rest of the family is eating tonight, I'll just have left overs (so I foolishly ate it early Image whilst watching tv. Then one of my son's brought over his girlfriend for dinner so I set a place for myself without thinking (even though it was healthy it still meant I'd eaten two dinners that day Gaaaaa....... :roll: )

I still managed to lose a dot of weight today but it could have been so much better if I'd had my thinking cap on.
Never mind we have a brand new day ahead of us. :D
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:26 am

You guys are doing so well. You are being soooo strong. And just reading what you are saying each day has made me think a bit more about what I am eating. I had a good day yesterday and only ate 1 biscuit in the afternoon. The rest of the day was good eating. Tho that did include a sandwich for lunch. I was making the kids lunches and they looked good so thought I would have a sandwich. I try not to eat too much bread because of the bloating I get, plus if I eat bread more than once every couple of days then I seem to have no hope in losing weight! But I did get on the scales this morning because I haven't weighed myself since Monday and I have lost 1/2kg and am down to 69. And that was with my jim jams on!!!! I thought I would just jump on because it's not the proper weigh in day so didn't bother to take my jammies off and it said 69. Blimey I couldn't believe it. So thanks guys cos you are giving me a bit more of a better outlook as well! And all 3 of you are doing so well on the diet. I'm very proud of you all! So I have to keep the good eating up so that I can still weigh 69 for monday!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Hayley » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:14 am

Good morning lovely ladies,

Wow, I feel in such high spirits this morning- just happy and full of energy, even though it is still bloody cold in this house! I'm sure that my blood hasn't thickened to adjust to the cold yet, so it's still waiting for the hot Exmouth weather or better still, the very hot Kununurra weather - I lived in Kununurra with my husband for almost 4 years and I still can't get used to the cold. Even though I was born and raised in Perth, I've never been able to tolerate the cold (my circulation is not that flash), so I'm kind of starting to suffer a bit now!

I was so, so, so tempted to eat some chocolate last night, 'cos my husband and brother sat and ate some more easter chocolates in front of me and had a hot milo too. I almost gave in, but then I remembered the diet jelly in the fridge! I tell you, that stuff is my saviour at the moment 'cos it fulfills my sweet craving. I also sooked them some steak with creamy mushroom sauce, with chips and vegies. I so wanted some of that too but I cooked my beef and vegie stir-fry with oyster sauce and soy sauce and I must admit it was very yummy.

Girls, don't feel too bad about the food you ate yesterday, it's a new day today and try to be strong.

Looking forward to chatting again later today. I'll let you know I go on the digital scales at Mel's house today - I do hope there's been movement.

Have a great day and let the force be with you :D hee hee.
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:27 am

Well done with your weight loss Rochelle, I don't know how you managed to stop at only one biscuit :shock: those things are just too dangerous in my house. I now only buy my fmily arroroot biscuits because I know I can resist them and it still means we have biscuits in the house incase a visitor drops in :D

Hayley, I can hardly wait for you to weigh yourself on Mel's scales :D
And congrats of fighting the temptations to eat any of that choc easter stuff Image
Dolly

Postby Hayleyd » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:45 pm

Hey there guys...well I have been good!!!I have been eating my jelly and thats been geting me by.I am struggling with water though.Tonight for tea Im looking foward to Steamed fish on top of salad with some mayo...mmmmmm followed by more jelly!!!!Question-how are we going to make our bellys stop wobbling if we are eating so much jelly :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Im so glad Adro won last night and Christie WOW-If you could compare yourself (in size) to one of the biggest loosers who would it be..come on guys dont be shy.Me I would be Christie when she left the house.Her body looked exactly like mine and look at her now!Hayley the beef stirfry with oyster sauce sounds yum-must by some of that sauce.
Couple of things-can we have mince,corn beef & beans such as kidney.I am dying for some rice though...
bye for now..hope you both had a good day!
HayleyD
Ps-Dolly the really sad sad thing about the biscuits is that I opened the pack!!!!! :twisted:
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Hayleyd » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:47 pm

Hi Groovy chick..thanks for your post. Hey why dont you jump on board and give this insane diet a go-the headspins go after a few days-so they say!!! :lol:
Thanks for being proud of us and we are proud of you too.
HayleyD
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Hayley » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:53 pm

Hi guys,

Hayley D, I can't compare myself to any of the biggest losers because I haven't actually watched an episode - sorry. Well done for being good and sticking to this thing, it does get hard at times but think of how better we'll feel for it once we're our goal weight!

I went to Mel's house today and we took the dof and Connor for a walk to the park. I think it took 15 mins to get there and we walked around the big oval there, too. The way back was bloody hard I'll admit. We had to walk up hills (Scarb. Beach Rd) and it nearly killed me. I did feel light headed but I think the apple I ate on the way there helped a lot. My legs were sore when we got back to her house, so it obviously did something, however, it made me a little unhappy to realise how unfit I've become!

Mel cooked vegetable soup using allowed vegies and just added pasta to hers later, which was very supportive of her. Like you guys, Mel is such a help because she knows what it's like to try to lose weight. I took my strawberry and cream sachet along and had that too. I realised though, that I forgot to jump on her digital scales! I'm so forgetful and was so looking forward to seeing if there had been any change. So, when I arrived home, I got on the cheap ones here and I weigh 89kg exactly. Now, I know that they are out by 200g, so that means I have lost exactly 2kg! :D :lol: :D Yippee!! That made me smile and it also encouraged me not to go and make a peanut paste sandwich, which I really felt like. Instead, I ate my second apple for the day.

Veal steak/vegies for tea. Ate all the jelly last night, so I'm going to make some more now.

Hope you've both gone well today. Enjoy your weekend and I'll be back tomorrow.

Hayley :D
Hayley

Postby Groovychic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:24 pm

No Hayley D thanks for the thought but I'm not into those sorts of diets. I know I would go and spend all the money and then ruin it with eating something I'm not supposed to eat. I am much better just trying to change my eating habits as best as I can. It is happening, but very slowly. But that's ok. If it takes me a whole year more to lose the weight I want, that is quite acceptable. I have lost 2kg now so I am feeling good. I told said that to my partner this afternoon and he said so are you feeling happier about yourself now and I said well sort of. He thinks I look like I have lost about 5 kgs so that is what is important I guess! I am getting much fitter now as well and have much more energy too, which is the main thing. But you guys are fab with what you are doing. To have so much willpower is amazing. I do lack that, but I am aware of it, and have become fairly comfortable with it to a certain extent. The only thing I have a lot of willpower for is my exercise. So at least I know my heart is really fit. I jogged on the treadmill this morning for about 30 mins out of the 40 that I did! So I am feeling great about that. Tomorrow I intend to do an hour but I am going to keep it at about 7.9ks or 8ks in an hour for the next few weeks. I will slowly move up to running the whole hour at 9ks an hour but I want to do that over the next few weeks. So I will just add a comment or 2 and watch you guys do wonders. You are encouraging me, which is the best thing for me! Well done! :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Hayleyd » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:44 pm

Hi Groovy chick...I totally understand where you are coming from and well done for doing it the right way.Your doing so good.As for willpower I so do not have it.I even dieted once and I pledged it was for my son-that didnt stop me eating bad!!!You know I am very jealous that you have a treadmill..so desperate for one but finances wont allow it :cry: When I had a gym membership I was on it all the time.Like to do 4-5km fun runs as well-not that great I might add but I love to try and the atmosphere.As long as I get a tshirt Im happy!Last one I did was Dec last year though.
Tomorrow night Im out for tea at my sisters resturant.The meals for free and I dare say I'll get served a potato in foil with sour cream if I order steak.She doesnt have salad meals and i dont want to be too fussy...I dont know guys what do you think..I wont have desert and I'll drink water....

Hayley I cant believe you dont watch the biggest looser..oh get it now..Home & away was on at same time.Used to love Home & Away myself!Your weight loss is awesome and well done to your friend who thought of you with the soup

Night guys
HayleyD
[/url]
Hayleyd

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk