It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:21 am

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson Dieter's - Chat 1

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dolly » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:53 am

Hayleyd, if I were you and I knew my sister only serves healthy but high carb or fat filled food's I'd just phone her and tell her I'd be dropping in for a coffee not a meal. Or perhaps bring in your own salad and pass it to them out the back in the kitchen. How lucky are you to have a sister that owns a restaurant.
Rochelle and Hayley you also are doing well, keep going girls!

I slipped up yesterday by eating 4 plain biscuits. It's not going to happen again this weekend even though we have visitors coming over for nibbllies and drinks tonight.
I'm going to make myself some weight watchers point free soup that I'll have everytime I feel like eating.

Have a strong weekend girls (the weekends are always where most of us backslide)

WE CAN DO IT!!
Dolly

Postby Hayleyd » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:26 pm

Hi there Dolly..Iwill do my best tonight.I have resited lots of temptation today eg choc dohnuts,cheese jaffles.I havent mentioned before but Im having some personal probs at the moment and today my mind and heart isnt just in it.I will try though..wont give up
Bye
HayleyD
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Groovychic » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:01 pm

Well done resisting Hayleyd. You are doing so well. I hope you get your personal problems sorted out. You know that we are all here to listen if you need to open up. Maybe you can have the steak without the potato at your sisters tonight. And like Dolly said, take in a salad and add it to your meal.
And I decided to weight myself again this morning just to see if it was a fluke yesterday and guess what........I'm still 69. So now I have to get thru the weekend without eating too much. I did have 2 scotch and dry last night tho :oops: . But none tonight, I'm certain about that. I'm making a savoury rice tonight. Sorry Hayleyd I know you are craving the rice. But I am going to go on the treadmill for 30 mins or so before I start to cook dinner. So hopefully that will counter act the carbs in the evening. My girlfriend was told that you shouldn't eat carbs after 12 midday! So that is what she has been doing most of the time and she has lost over 10kgs! She is looking fantastic. But that is not all she did. She also cut out a lot of the crap. She still indulges every now and then. And she began exercising in earnest. She wasn't much for having dedicated exercise before but now she is and she is reaping the rewards! As for the treadmill Hayleyd, I have hired mine. I wanted to give it a go before I bought 1 just to make sure I would use it. And I do use it pretty much every day. I love it. It's my birthday in May and my hire runs out on the 1st june so I will talk to the big man and see if he will buy me one for my birthday. I went into a sports store the other day and the one I have hired is on display there and it had $1150 on the price tag. Tho I would prefer not to buy one the same as I have hired for the fact that it has a crappy drink holder. It's alright but it's on an angle and I keep thinking the damn thing is going to fall out! I jogged at 9ks/h this morning for 42 mins out of the 60. I was so wrapped with that. I did a 22min stint up first then rested for about 4 mins then into it again for 7 mins and so on. Once I am jogging the whole hour I will start to bring the incline up past 2!!! At the moment I am just leaving it at that!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:51 pm

Rochelle, your treadmill sounds great except for the drink holder. I've got one that has a slipping belt so it's no fun and you have to hold on with this one because the belt rolls around then slips. One day (if I ever get enough money together, I'd like to get a proper one that you can jog on)

Hayleyd you are doing well, I hope your personal issues sort themselves out, stress can make anyone eat food.
So far I'm still on track but with visitors coming over tonight I'm going to have to stay strong.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:55 pm

Wow - how different today has been! I have really struggled to do the right thing and stick to this diet today! I wonder why I've found it so hard? Maybe having my husband at home today has had an impact??? I'm really not sure.

I started off well with my shake this morning and come lunch time I had such a bad headache and craving for carbs. We ended up getting wok in a box for lunch :cry: - I had a small Hokein Mee, which is pork, vegies and sweet soy sauce with egg noodles. It was really yummy but I felt so guilty afterwards and actually felt quite ill because of stomach cramps. Oh, I hope I have just reversed all my hard work over the last 4 days! Well, back on track again tomorrow. I really have to stay strong because I want this to work. I've kept off the 2kg I've lost in 4 days, so that's a start I guess.

Sorry guys, I feel like I've not only let myself down but also like I've let you down too! :oops:

Good luck with the visitors tonight Dolly - I'm sure you'll be fine.

I'll chat again tomorrow if I get a chance. I think I'm going to the boat show in Fremantle with my boys, so I may have to wait until Monday before I jump back into the forum.

Best wishes and stay strong. I know I'll try harder
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Sat Apr 29, 2006 8:53 pm

Hayley, you're not alone, weekends are so bad for me :cry:
I started off with my shake for breakfast followed by by 2 apples. I didn't make my jelly because I was having an alergic reaction to the red and orange food colorings in them :shock:
Anyway I had a chicken and salad for lunch, then we went shopping and the guys bought 2 pizza's for dinner. I ate one of the slices of pizza, I just couldn't help myself the smell was driving me wild. If the guys weren't here to bring in bad food I wouldn't have weakened.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Dolly 8)
Dolly

Postby Groovychic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:11 am

Weekends have always been the worse for me. Thats why I hate weigh in on Monday because I usually eat really bad. My sister came yesterday with this yummo bread twist thing from bakers delight and I had 2 pieces of that! :oops: Plus a nice sour dough roll with ham and salad in for lunch. It was way too much bread. Along with the rice for dinner, I know I had too much carbs for the day! So I am going to have to try and be extra extra good today because I really want to be 69 for weigh in tomorrow!!! I'm not game to weigh myself today after yesterday's terrible day! One good thing today, my partner has gone fishing.......yay!!! He left about half an hour ago. The alarm went off at 4am and I never get back to sleep so thought I may as well get up and do some browsing on the net. I can do that now with broadband. I used to hate searching for stuff before because the pages took so long to download. So I have my food planned for the day. banana for breaky, apple late morning, left over savoury rice for lunch, tho only a small portion of it, and then another piece of fruit for a snack this arvo, and then fish and salad for dinner. I am assuming they will catch some. The forecast was excellent but then when they went out last monday the forecast was pretty good and they said it was so rough until after lunch time that they couldn't get out very far, so by the time they could take the boat out further they were annoyed and grumpy and didn't stay out very long! At least with the new boat they can take it out in rougher weather. The old one was a single hull whereas the new one is a tri hull and it is so much more stable. Even I can now consider going fishing! But only with my partner, not with his mate as well, cos it aint good when you have to go pee!!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:41 am

Oh Rochell, your sister sounds like my sister. She came to visit me totally knowing I did not eat cakes because I was dieting but she brought in two huge apricot tart pastries. She kept saying one won't hurt and I shouldn't be so stupid to not enjoy life. so I eventually caved in. It took me 5 weeks to get back into dieting mode again. When are they going to learn we have an eating disorder, once we taste bad food it is soooooo hard to put the breaks on!
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:47 am

This Thread is Now Closed

Click Here to go to Image TF Chat 2

Dolly

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk