It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:44 am

Free Newsletter

It's my birthday today!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

It's my birthday today!

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:27 am

Hi everyone, today it's my 20th birthday (over here it is Wednesday 26th).

I'm going to have morning tea with my mum. Then she will look after my daughter and I'm going SHOPPING! I got a JayJays voucher and have also saved my own money. My husband is working today so I will probably spend the afternoon with my mum, sister and a girl from my sister's school. Tonight my husband is making tea for me (he hardly ever does and I had to ask him to do it but oh well... :) )

I think I'm getting a jacket from my mum and dad, a card from my sister and next month my mum's shouting me a haircut and foils.

have a great day everyone
Tanya (20)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wgD7vDi/]
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Groovychic » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:05 am

Happy Birthday Tanya. I do hope you have an enjoyable day. Gosh 20 years old. I don't know that I can remember when I was 20!!! Actually I do remember it because we were building our first house and it was only a couple of months later that we moved in. Now we are in our 2nd house which we moved into a year ago! We stayed in that first house for 13 years so I am assuming this one will be at least that time as well!!! Actually once the kids leave we can down size again! One bad thing about having a larger house, you got more to clean! Anyway here I am side tracked yet again Tanya. I do hope all your dreams and wishes come true today!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Tas » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:26 am

Happy Birthday!
WOW 20 years old! I can't recall ever being 20 - must be my memory loss LOL
Have a great day and enjoy shopping
Maria
Tas
Tas

Postby Dolly » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:07 am

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TANYA!

ImageImageImage
Dolly

Postby carleyjt » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:59 am

:D :D HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D :D

Hope you have a great day!!!
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Postby KimE » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:08 pm

A big Happy Birthday Tanya. Wishing you many happy returns. :D
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:14 pm

happy birthday Tanya, and I hope you got a pleasant surprise at JJ's!!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:56 am

Thanks everyone :D

I had quite a good birthday. The only things that went wrong is a) I locked myself out of my house and my surgery I'm having on Friday( i'm having my tubes tied) nearly got cancelled again (for the 3rd time, I was supposed to have it done april 5th this year). But my mum got called because I was out and she persuaded them to still do it on friday. my surgeon forgot that I needed to have my operation soon as my birth control injection ran out on the 13th of april (he'd forgotten my case :roll: )

I was very much pleased with my shopping trip though. I got a sexy bra (it's called a spa bra and basically has water inside the cups of the bra, giving me much needed help in this area). At JayJays I got 1 purple v neck top, 1 black button up v neck top, 1 black belt, and 1 pair of cargo pants (going back today to use my voucher as I forgot it yesterday). So I was on a shopping/birthday cloud nine for the rest of the day.

In the mail I got a cool black belt from my aunty and twenty dollars from my nana.

My husband made tea and we watched a movie.

Have a great day everyone
Tanya :D
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Dolly » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:48 am

Sounds like you had a great birthday (other than locking yourself out of the house) That spa bra sounds interesting :D
Dolly

Postby KimE » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:24 pm

Well it sounds like you had a wonderful day Tanya and got dinner made for you....bargain. That's what birthdays are all about!!
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:36 am

Hi Tanya.....I had my tubes tied about 5 years ago and it is great not having to worry about birth control. You seem very young to be getting it done tho! I battled at 28 to get them to do it. They threw horrid questions at me like what if one of your children died would you want another 1! No I wouldn't want another 1. You cant replace a child! Now I am after a hysterectomy!!! Tho I think I have an uphill battle with that one! I have just finished my 2nd bout of bleeding since my last period 2 weeks ago. I am so sick and tired of it! It's been happening the last few months and I put it down to just bleeding after having a big session on the treadmill when it happened last month but it happened again this month and it started on a day I hadn't even been on the treadmill. Its like I am getting my period again. Went to the docs about some moles on my back and told him about it and he said well all you can do is either go back on the pill.....doh why did I get my tubes tied then!!!!......or put up with it. Yeah great. The first day of my period is soooo heavy that I am in agonizing pain and bleed that much that even a super tampon can't handle it. I'm going to have to resort to wearing a pad at the same time! Yet they won't give me a hysterectomy. Time to go for a 2nd opinion. My sister is a nurse and she is going to try and find me a doc that would consider it. I guess some docs have a reputation for doing these things a bit easier than others! So I've got her on the case. Anyway that's my whinge with being a woman!!! I do hope your op goes well Tanya. I felt fine after mine. Everyone kept saying to me o you will be bloated the next day but I was great. Got up as usual and did a normal day! so I am sure you will be feeling fine.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby losebabyfat_2005 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:04 am

Wow, groovy chick it sounds like they are giving you the run around. I got my tubes tied because I came very close to dying just over a week after my daughter was born. One very rude doctor asked me why I got pregnant in the first place and I was advised (very strongly) not to have any more children. That is why I've had it done (I had it done on friday, home early saturday afternoon)

The only annoying thing is that I can't pick up or carry my 9 month old daughter or else I bleed internally or get a cyst or haematoma or something nasty like that :(

Tanya
[/url]
losebabyfat_2005

Postby Groovychic » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:23 am

Well I hope you feel ok soon Tanya. Sit on the floor with your daughter and have a good cuddle. That will make you feel better! OOOO 9 months old is such a lovely time. They have got their little characters and they are so cute. They haven't developed any naughty things yet either! Well nearly dieing is a good reason to get your tubes tied! I hope you aren't saddened too much by the fact that you can't have anymore children. The very reason I did get mine done was to take the choice of having more away from me. We have 2 kids and deep down I knew that we shouldn't have anymore, my partner didn't want anymore, but I knew given the choice that I would want another 1. And I guess more so now, because I worked from when Ash was 12 months old and I missed out on that lovely time. I worked right up until she was 6and a half. I really do regret doing that. But then we wouldn't be in the better position we are now. So that was why I got my tubes done. Plus I was enjoying my career and thought I should put that before having another child! HHHMMM now looking back at that comment it sounds rather selfish! So it was better for me to take the choice away. Now I just enjoy the two that I have. They are exceptionally good children, well Alex is anyway. Ash well she isn't too bad. She expects everything to go her way I think! And gets a nasty shock when people don't do what she wants! O she has a lot to learn in life! So I do hope you recover quickly Tanya and you get back into life soon.
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Dolly » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:32 am

Hi Tanya, I hope you're feeling better after your surgery. Have a good rest (if that's possible with a toddler in the house)

Big Hugs
Dolly

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:31 pm

Hello Tanya. All the best for a speedy recovery. Follow doctors orders and make sure you get plenty of rest.
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk