It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Need some help

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Need some help

Postby pearce88 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:08 pm

Hello all
Im 18 years old and i beleive im overweight. Im 103 kilograms and around 6 foot 3 inches tall. I eat healthy meals and dont get takeout to much but it seems im putting on weight. I need some tips on how to lose weight and become more fit. What are some good excersises I can do to lose some weight around the backside area? If you dont mind please give me any tips on how to lose weight. How far would i have to walk each day to lose weight? How many minutes of excersise would i need to do each day to lose weight fast?

Thanks Heaps
pearce88

Re: Need some help

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 06, 2008 2:41 pm

If you're eating only healthy food then it could be that your portion sizes are causing you to gain weight. Or the food you think is healthy is really quite high in fat or calories (I used to love light coconut milk in curries until I found out just how non-light it really is!)

A lot of people here swear by CalorieKing.com.au (http://www.calorieking.com.au) for their weight loss. It's great because when you set up an account you enter your current weight and activity level and your target weight. That way it can tailor your program to how many calories you need to lose weight. It's a great way to educate yourself about how many calories and grams of fat food contains and even if you decide to try another method of weight loss the knowledge helps a lot. CalorieKing.com.au suggests 60 minutes of exercise per day. You can enter in your exercise activities and it will subtract those calories burned from your calories consumed to make sure you keep within a healthy range of calories.

60 minutes of moderate intensity exercise would be good for weight loss, but don't try too much too soon. If you are unused to physical activity start with 15 minute walks and gradually extend them to 30 minutes. You don't have to do all of those 60 minutes exercise at once. If it's easier to fit in 10 minute sessions into your schedule then give that a go to start off with.

There is a lot of exercise information available at SparkPeople.com (http://www.sparkpeople.com) and if you sign up for their newsletter you'll get them in your email inbox daily. They also have diet plans there, but I find CalorieKing is better because it has more Australian food in its database. SparkPeople concentrates only on food available in the US.

Good luck!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby shaunsilvister » Wed May 28, 2008 6:26 pm

for weight lose my suggestion are

drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day this is good for fat loss

do 2 hour workout in a day

eat your food slowly

avoid suger in your food.

or follow diet plan...
shaunsilvister

Postby Athena » Thu May 29, 2008 2:36 pm

If you want to lose weight fast then you can't really think about exercise in terms of minumum amounts of minutes. You really have to just push yourself as far as your body will go. You'll find that if you do that then everyday it will get easier.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby Athena » Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:09 pm

That's the second time I've seen the same message on different threads
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby Timothyfields » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:31 am

Hey pearce,

A few extra pieces of advice I have to add:

Try and eat smaller balanced portions at about 6 meals per day. You'll notice that after a few weeks of doing this you will actually find it hard to eat the quantities that you used to.

Get your 7-8 hours sleep everyday. Not only is this great for your health but you'll also see an improvement in your weight loss.

There is a lot of information on here but if you have any questions feel free to pm me,
Timothy
Last edited by matchbox on Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no advertising please :)
Timothyfields

Return to Weight loss Talk