It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:35 am

Free Newsletter

your diet plan??

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

your diet plan??

Postby holly80 » Sun May 11, 2008 5:50 pm

i thought i started this thread a while ago but couldnt find it. so thought i would just start another one.

what diet are you following, tell us abit about it and if it works for you???

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: your diet plan??

Postby ali76 » Sun May 11, 2008 8:27 pm

This is what I TRY to stick to....

1350 NETT calories a day (total calories after deducting what I've worked off - thanks to Calorie King!!)
2L of water a day
No carbs after 5pm
No eating after 8pm...if I'm hungry I have water or herbal tea.
2 pieces of fruit a day (no more!!!)
5 serves of veggies

AND the best advice I can give is to not beat yourself up if you don't succeed every day! Wake up the next morning and start again!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun May 11, 2008 9:21 pm

I've just started on the McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss. It's a low-fat, high-carb vegan diet that lets you drink alcohol. But I'm thinking I've drunk a little too much of the alcohol this week because while it was working really well initially I seem to have gained a kilo overnight. Bummer. :(
EvilWombatQueen

Postby hysterical_oliver » Mon May 12, 2008 2:37 am

I basically try to stay below 1800cal a day and drink loads of water. It's not an official diet as such, I have learned so much about nutrition and good health it's a wonder I let myself get to the position I did... Plenty of Veg for dinner and a couple of apples/muesli bars for snacks and forme yogurt for a sweet craving. High protein low carb (I sure miss potatoes and bread ♥). and just getting of my butt and exercising to help it all along. It's working for me so I give it props :)
14th September 2007 125kg
Current Weight 102kg
Goal Weight 60kg
hysterical_oliver

Postby Diminishing » Mon May 12, 2008 1:13 pm

I was on Kate Morgan and it worked brilliantly & I lost 20kg.

I have another 20kg to go, so I am now mixing it up a bit and am now working with a personal trainer, in the hope that I can shed the last 20kg adn also fix my metabolism.

I am exercising 45 mins a day, on 1200 cals a day. But the 1200 cals are made up of low fat, high protein and effective low GI carbs......so not much sugar, bread or pasta, more veggies and grains.......

The exercise is either a walk, a swiss ball session, a circuit session, or incline on a stationary bike.
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon May 12, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm not on a diet. I'm on a lifestyle change forever :mrgreen:

I do however monitor my calories I eat anywhere between 1600-1800 cals. I eat lots of fruit, veggies, complex carbs like wholewheat bread, pasta, rice, potatoes.

I still eat chocolate and alcohol though I avoid eating fast food. I can't stand deep fried or fast food. It makes me feel ill.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby LillyPilly » Tue May 13, 2008 11:09 am

I'm following Weight Watchers.

I don't attend meetings or use etool. A notepad and points guide book are the only tools I use.
LillyPilly

Postby SarahC » Wed May 14, 2008 1:03 pm

I'm doing Nick Nilsson's "Metabolic Surge" program at the moment. It goes for 36 days, broken into 3 12-day rounds. Each 12 days is:
- 5 days low-carb
- 1 day protein only (basically low carb and low fat)
- 1 day no-protein (so, all carbs - fruit and veg only)
- 5 days low-fat
- and a cheat meal thrown in on day 12 for good measure lol.

The excercise program is also three lots of 12 days, and works together with the diet program.

I'm *trying* to stick to 1500cal max each day, with limited success. Because I'm a pig!! :roll:
SarahC

Postby Tarz » Wed May 14, 2008 1:16 pm

My diet plan is the following
- 1450 cals per day (according to cal king but i don't stick to it strictly just use it as a guide)
- cereal ever day for brekkie
- yogurt for MT
- a snadwhich on wholegrain usualy with tuna or chicken with either a bit of salad or soup
- peice of fruit for AT or veggies uncooked with salsa for AT
- something healthy
- protein shake either before bed, or after workout, our before going out if dinner isn't till late
ANd i keep water with me all the time to envourage me to drink as much as i can.

i try to have at least 3 serves of calcium, 5 serves of carbs, max 2 fruits and lots of veg.

Exercise wise i try to do some cardio everyday and strength 3 times per week, on my rest day i still try to go for a walk to get some blood pumping.
Tarz

Postby GumBoots » Wed May 14, 2008 1:27 pm

LillyPilly wrote:I'm following Weight Watchers.

I don't attend meetings or use etool. A notepad and points guide book are the only tools I use.
Same here. I am not an official ww member but have all the books to help me threw. I started at the start of January and have lost over 20kgs.
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby lng86 » Wed May 14, 2008 1:52 pm

HappyBella55 wrote:I'm not on a diet. I'm on a lifestyle change forever :mrgreen:

I do however monitor my calories I eat anywhere between 1600-1800 cals. I eat lots of fruit, veggies, complex carbs like wholewheat bread, pasta, rice, potatoes.

I still eat chocolate and alcohol though I avoid eating fast food. I can't stand deep fried or fast food. It makes me feel ill.

Exactly the same as Bella! :wink:
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby shelbel » Wed May 14, 2008 3:42 pm

Im doing Jenny Craig at the moment but i lost the majority of my weight by doing WW at home. The reason i changed plans was that although i love WW and its flexiblity and all thta, i found i was getting a bit obessed with points and food in general.

JC is similar to lite and easy as in they provide you with meals and some snacks, but what makes it better is that you have a weekly one on one consultation with a, well a consulatant! :D Its right for me right now because i dont have to think about food too much, i just eat what im told! When i get closer to goal they start to teach you about making meals on your own.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed May 14, 2008 5:19 pm

shelbel wrote:
JC is similar to lite and easy as in they provide you with meals and some snacks, but what makes it better is that you have a weekly one on one consultation with a, well a consulatant! :D Its right for me right now because i dont have to think about food too much, i just eat what im told! When i get closer to goal they start to teach you about making meals on your own.

It must be so easy when you get home from a tiring day of work and not have to think about what to cook for tea!

Just out of curiosity does the boy fend for himself or do you cook for him?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Sas » Wed May 14, 2008 5:57 pm

well lately I've been a bit naughty :oops: but normally I try to keep it lower carb.
Usually...
Breakfast - I have a piece of frittata which I make at the start of the week so I can't use any excuse to eat bad stuff!
Lunch - chicken and salad or left overs like soup ro stirfry
Dinner - meat and salad, stirfry, burritos, soups

I also drink stacks of water during the day. Lately I've found I do need to have something that has a bit higher carb content before I exercise in the afternoons so I have something like some pretzels or dry biscuits...
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCSA5VJ/]
Sas

Postby mal_m » Wed May 14, 2008 10:57 pm

Hello to all, at this point in time I am on Jenny Craig. I started at the end of April last year, and as of Monday the 12th I have lost 55.5 kgs, which I am very proud of. Other than to lose weight, the main reason I am on it is just for the convenience. I am a shift worker, working 12hr night and day shifts, so it is a very easy diet to follow, with the hardest thing I have to prepare is a salad. Also I am trying to get into the exercise side of things as well. At the moment I have a exercise bike and a cross trainer and I try to do at least 30 min a day on one of them, then another 30 min walking my 2 dogs, then finishing up with some ab work and weights every 2nd day as well as, when work allows, going to aerobics for approx 45 mins. So far it is working for me, I have only about another 10 kgs to go to get to my goal weight.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1hso6G/]
[/url]
mal_m

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk