It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:54 am

Free Newsletter

has anyone tried acuppuncture to help with weight loss?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

has anyone tried acuppuncture to help with weight loss?

Postby treez21 » Sun May 11, 2008 10:29 pm

I am thinking about trying this out to help me lose the baby weight after having my first child in April.
Does any one have any experience to share or a practitioner to recommend?

T.
treez21

Re: has anyone tried acuppuncture to help with weight loss?

Postby shelbel » Mon May 12, 2008 7:37 pm

I never knew it had anything to do with it! I always thought healthy diet and exercise would be the way to go! :wink:

No needles for me thanks!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Sassygirl » Tue May 13, 2008 10:53 am

I did the accupuncture diet some 6 years ago and I did get results. What they do is stick 2 little needles on the outer of your ear and the inner on the pressure points that can stimulate hunger. Then you follow a really restrictive diet for one week consisting of only protien (ie meat, fish, chicken, eggs etc). You are not allowed any vegies or condaments apart from salt and some spices that are allowed (ie curry etc). You need to test your urine to see if you are in Ketosis. You have to drink at least 2 litres of water a day and take a multi vitamin. I found that I got really hungry, headaches, lethargic etc from it but I did lose 3.4kg in my first week.

The second week is basically incorporating a healthy diet to maintain the weight that you lost the first week, with the exception of no carbs (bread, rice, pasta, potatoe) (you have to gradually bring them back over the coming weeks). So it is like cereal for breakie, fruit for mt, crackers with ham and salad at lunch and a steak and vegies at tea time.

I ended up losing around 12 kilos in 7 weeks, but I believe that you can do it without having the accupuncture part of it - I did not feel that it helped me all but it is worth a try if you are serious about losing!!

Hope that helps
Michelle
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby anaksedang » Fri Jun 20, 2008 2:23 am

I think accupuncture actually doesn't affect your weight directly but more psychologically. I know this because I know an accupuncture (actually she is my cousin) who treats obese people.
anaksedang

Return to Weight loss Talk