It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Free Newsletter

Jillian Michaels 30 day diet

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Jillian Michaels 30 day diet

Postby cherry847 » Mon May 12, 2008 3:31 pm

Hi everyone!

Not sure if this has already been asked (I couldn't find anything), but has anyone tried the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred diet/dvd program?

Basically Jillian (from the US Biggest Loser) has written a book and created a workout dvd for losing up to 20 pounds in 30 days. I haven't seen it available yet over here but am wanting to get it from amazon, but want to see if anyone's tried it and it actually works? I'm guessing it would be pretty intense!!!

Thanks guys!
This week's goal... control portion sizes!
cherry847

Re: Jillian Michaels 30 day diet

Postby jilliansmyhero » Mon May 12, 2008 3:51 pm

yeah ive heard about it in her emails but have yet to see any reviews, have u tried any of her dvds? as i guess it would be similar to those or better.
jilliansmyhero

Postby cherry847 » Tue May 13, 2008 2:42 pm

Nope haven't tried any others yet has I live in an apartment building so I'm a bit hesitant to do anything that requires lots of jumping or jogging on the spot because I don't want to annoy the people living downstairs! But if it works well then I'm willing to give it a go... I'll try to find some more reviews but so far most of what I've read is encouraging!
cherry847

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue May 13, 2008 2:52 pm

cherry847 wrote:Nope haven't tried any others yet has I live in an apartment building so I'm a bit hesitant to do anything that requires lots of jumping or jogging on the spot because I don't want to annoy the people living downstairs!

You see, this is where I'm lucky. I live in a block of flats but the flat downstairs houses a very loud classical pianist, and the flat below that one is full of wanna-be rock musicians who have no qualms about having band practice in their lounge-room. In fact I prefer my exercise DVDs as jumpy and stompy as possible just so I can get a bit of revenge against all those noisy [email protected]!!! :twisted:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby PenM » Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:42 am

i think it won't be pretty intense but pretty insane, never tried Jillian Michaels 30 days diet myself but I think 20 pounds per one month is a little bit too crazy by jumping alone
PenM

Postby Strawberry » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:38 pm

i've done 2 days of the 30 day shred. level 1 so far isn't bad. i read the reviews on amazon.com level 2 & 3 get harder, more intense.
i didn't purchase her book though as i want to stick 2 my own eating plan - no crazy diet.
there's no way i could lose 9kgs (20llbs) in 30 days.
i've spilt it up for 5x6 sessions allowing weekends as recovery.
how are you going with the shred, have u seen results?
Strawberry

Postby cherry847 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Strawberry,

I didn't end up getting it because I wasn't sure if it would actually work..... I definately couldn't lose that much weight in 30 days either but I'm at a pretty reasonable fitness level and a lot of fitness dvds are just way too slow or easy for me so I was looking for one that would push me that much harder. How have you found it for that? I already have a weights program put together for me by my personal trainer but have hit a plateau and wanted to try something to just get me going again....
cherry847

Postby Strawberry » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:04 pm

Hi Cherry, so far I'm finding level one easy in the sense that i'm not puffed nor am i sweating too much but tough when it comes to the 3 minute strength lol i use the 2 min cardio & 1 min ab as recovery lol only because i don't have any strength. i've read level 2 & 3 are much harder. i'll let you know how i go with the other 2 levels when i get to them. i'm spending 10 days on each level. i will say this - for a 20 min workout it is worth it! i definitely feel like i've done something IUKWIM?
Strawberry

Postby cherry847 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 am

Sure do, especially when you're paying for it the next day... ouch! Hope it goes well, let me know how you find levels 2 and 3 because if they're good I might look into buying it too. I wish they had an Australian Amazon! I love it, it's so great but shipping costs/time can be a bit painful! :D
cherry847

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:28 pm

Oh well \, you guys will have to keep us up do date, I love hearing about different exercise dvds.

In fact I prefer my exercise DVDs as jumpy and stompy as possible just so I can get a bit of revenge against all those noisy [email protected]!!!

Hahaha. That had the Lol-ing in my chair.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby sandycollie » Fri May 08, 2009 10:02 pm

I got a new workout DVD and I have to share. I read many reviews about this before I made a purchase and was intrigued and a little scared. I made the purchase anyway and I am glad I did.

Jillian is one of the trainers from The Biggest Loser. She is very militant and I needed the extra push. This workout is a short 20-minute circuit routine that kicks butt. I have only done it two times so far but I love it. I am on level one and will stay there for a month probably.

Anyway, wanted to share a workout that I think is wonderful.

[Mod edit: Take what you read here with a grain of salt. It's all spam.]
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam conversations using different usernames is a clever ploy. Using the same IP address is a bit stupid though, don't you think?
sandycollie

Postby Abigail21 » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:45 pm

I liked Jillian's Making the Cut, I did her workouts for 30 days and felt much stronger and her abs work is a killer! AFter her 30 day circuits I started to see a smidge of a 4 pack.I also did not stop my normal weight lifting days so this was even more weights on my between days...so I kept them somewhat lower so that I wouldn't die! I used it mainly for the circuits and just wanting new ideas in the gym. I learned a ton of new moves and really liked the jump rope addition to my workouts.
I Didn't follow her diet plan at all though and just stuck to my normal. I didn't gain-- and didn't lose sticking to 40/30/30, but I DID look slightly more defined which is what I was going for--that and just new ideas for circuits. I loved her workouts too.....I am all about hard intervals and getting in and getting out and burning loads of calories in the process
But yes, I believe overall she is training someone for an event...I think that would be perfect for someone with those goals (like a wedding). I gave the book to my b.f. who is getting married this summer.

[Mod edit: Spam reply by the same spammer to their original spam]
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam conversations using different usernames is a clever ploy. Using the same IP address is a bit stupid though, don't you think?
Abigail21

Postby michael4 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:30 am

I have heard about it but I didn't hear any positive thoughts.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Using your signature for advertising violates forum rules.
michael4

Postby Daniella » Thu Oct 21, 2010 11:21 am

Hi everyone,

I just stumbled across this thread and thought i would share my 2 cents worth. I literally just finished my first day on level 2. So far I have done it every day starting on level one, the 2nd morning i could hardly get out of bed I was so sore but kept at it. its a seriously hard workout I was sweating and my muscles were burning but its only 20 minutes in the end. but everyday i could feel myself getting a little stronger. level 2 is MUCH harder than level one, i thought i was going to die! but i made it.
So far after the 11 days I have not seen a change on the scales but i have been eating properly as well which is really disheartening but apparently i am looking thinner? my tape measure doesn't really say so, my boyfriend just could be being sweet?? not sure

make of that what you will... im going to stick it out for the 30 days, i guess it can't hurt really. I have never stuck to anything longer tahn about 2 weeks, so we will see how we go

will keep you updated as to how i go!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wokwgFT/]
[/url]
Daniella

Return to Weight loss Talk