It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:46 am

Free Newsletter

how i weight loss, and you can

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

how i weight loss, and you can

Postby mqzy » Fri May 16, 2008 2:58 pm

I've recently lost 168lbs. in the past year, from 429 down to 261. I'm ashamed to admit it, but I've just been doing some hardcore dieting and very little exercise. I'm still losing, but I'm worried about having excess skin hanging if I lose much more. I'm lifting weights, but what do I need to do to tighten those loose skin areas such as the belly, the chest, the lovehandles and the arms? I'll post a current pic so you guys can see where I'm at.
Last edited by matchbox on Fri May 16, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no advertising please :)
mqzy

Re: how i weight loss, and you can

Postby nutzy » Sat May 17, 2008 2:10 am

I think a lot depends on the elasticity of your skin and how young you are helps in this respect . However, I don't think anyone who has lost a shedload of weight can avoid having loose skin afterwards due to the skin having been stretched to a such a great extent. I don't think any exercise in the world could help restore skin back to it's original shape as exercise tones muscles and not skin. I have lost only 15.5kgs and am nearly at my goal weight. It is not really a lot considering, but I have loose skin particularly on my thighs and belly, which nothing short of surgery will help. But then, I am middle aged, and that has a lot to do with it I think, due to lack of elasticity. If I was 20, I don't think I'd have this problem.

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Postby silvister » Fri May 23, 2008 4:25 pm

yes , lot of people have same problem , while they lose weight , i think for lose skin treatment you have to do

Good nutrient foods is important ,Your skin is only in good condition when it is hydrated. So drink enough water or Lose weight gradually.
Last edited by matchbox on Sun May 25, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: no advertising please
silvister

Postby mjessica89 » Sun May 25, 2008 4:48 pm

I think do more stretching will help to tone your muscle and help to tighten your skin :)

Jessy
My daily routine :
Diet - Follow the free 7 days diet plan from the Calorie Shifting website (a very useful diet plan :) )
Exercise - Monday, Wednesday, Friday = swimming,
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday = jogging (around my house), Sunday = Yoga
mjessica89

Return to Weight loss Talk