It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Nearly there, but am I?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Nearly there, but am I?

Postby nutzy » Sat May 17, 2008 2:41 am

It's been 9 months since i started my new healthy eating lifestyle, and certainly I am surprised at my determination to get to my goal. I have never been one for "hanging in there" and usually after a couple of kilos have dropped off, and I am feeling somewhat smug about having lost them, I will start the bingeing again, and well........you know how it goes from there. I have lost a total of 15.5kgs, which is starting to look good on my 5ft2 frame. I have gone from a size 16 trouser and 18 top, to a 10 trouser and between 12/10 top, and cannot stop buying clothes (thank you ebay), particularly now that summer is starting to make an appearance (in Scotland)albeit in dribs and drabs.

I have 5.5kgs to go before goal weight, but am started to wrinkle a bit around the mouth and neck, which wasn't there to such an extent a few months ago. I don't want to look haggard, but I also don't want to give up on my goal. At 60.5kgs I feel I am still too big for me. When I was in my 20's (now 44) I weighed between 45-50kgs. 60kgs was hideously large in my mind and I could not have imagined being satisfied with this sort of weight then. When I look at myself, I certainly don't see a large person now though and I am sort of toying with the idea that this could be where I stop...... although everything inside me screams NO NO, get down into the 50's, at least then I can have a bit of leeway, and if I want to have a bit ice cream and chocolate sauce, it's not going to tip me over the edge if I weighed 55kgs, whereas if I weighed 60kgs, I am still erring to close to the dark side LOL!

It's just really taking so long. It's taken absolute months (2 actually) to lose 900 grams and I can promise you that I am not cheating in the sense that I do not grab handfuls of chocs or crisps and spend nights stuffing my face. I do not eat anything that is not related to my diet plan, and on my birthday when I had a quarter of a slice of cake, it was the tiniest sliver. If I do feel hungry between meals or even after a snack, I will have a couple of peanuts, or an apple, or a cream cracker with low fat cottage cheese. There is no question about drinking alcohol or bingeing on choccies and chips, nothing that is not weighed, measured or at least I must have an idea of the amount of calories it contains, passes my lips.

However, on the bright side, my very apparent weight loss as sparked off in quite a few women that I work with, the desire to try and lose weight themselves. There is a waiting list for my GI Diet Book by Rick Gallop, and one of the women has lost 2.5kgs in as many weeks. SHe is very chuffed. So if nothing else, my weight loss has inspired others. Enough of blowing my own trumpet, and with that I shall go away.

SW: 76kg (08/07)
CW: 60.2kg (21/05)
GW: 55kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woT3JnX/]
[/url]
nutzy

Re: Nearly there, but am I?

Postby Fireball » Sat May 17, 2008 4:03 am

Congratulations Pam on doing such a great job! Wow do I relate to what you are saying- that is my fear that if I lose the weight I will look like an old hag. Sometimes I feel so vain. :oops: But I'm wrinkly enough with the weight on already. I guess in the long term you can reassure yourself that you will be healthier and youll look at lot better alive at 80 than dead of a heart attack years earlier. :lol: It's all relative. I dont know if the skin on that area wil tighten up a bit? I guess the reality is these days if it bothers you too much a lot of people have a bit of surgey to touch up the bits their not happy with. Sorry I cant help you with your decison otherwise... but it is fantastic what you have acheived so dont let your uncertainty about the last little bit undermine all your good work.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Re: Nearly there, but am I?

Postby shaunsilvister » Wed May 28, 2008 5:54 pm

very nice ,Congratulations for this very good effort, there are lots of people who want to lose there weight ,but out of these very few people are success in weight lose,some people have not control over the diet , or some are not go exercise properly , you leave your b'day cake it is very much appricate for you. so it is very grate job what you achieve ....
shaunsilvister

Return to Weight loss Talk