It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Free Newsletter

My question PlZ reply

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My question PlZ reply

Postby auzzieboy » Sat May 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Well you see. im 15 and a half years old. I weight 78kg ' in the mirror i dont see myself as fat . like i consider myself pretty built but i do have some small love handles and underarm fat and . some fat on the upper body. My question is am i fat? or am i mostly muscle' because muscle weight more then fat :?:

Re: My question PlZ reply

Postby Tarz » Sat May 17, 2008 3:58 pm

Hi it really depends on how tall you are. Find out how tall you are then search on the net for a BMI (body mass index) calculator. This will tell you what your healthy weight range is. As for is it fat or muscle we can't really tell from here but i guess if it wobbles its fat. :lol: sorry i can't be more helpful then that.

Postby yellowroses » Sat May 17, 2008 4:50 pm

Perhaps go to a doctor and get a body fat test done, as well as getting them to calculate your BMI. The problem with you being so young, as you grow more your body will settle down, so your doctor will be able to give you better advice on how, even if, you should be dieting and exercising. When I was 15 I was pretty skinny, now, 4 years later, I'm a big girl... so it's difficult to really get advice without consulting your doctor. If you don't want your mum to know, just tell your mum that you'd like to go to the doctor, but for a personal issue, and you'd like to see the doctor by yourself. If she keeps pushing, say it's something really embarrassing to do with your body and she'll shut up I reckon :p
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010

Final Goal: 68kgs.

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog:

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat May 17, 2008 6:15 pm

I agree, pop in to see your doc. At 15 not only is your body still growing and changing and doing all those things that teenage bodies do, but you're also growing psychologically and this is a time when your thoughts about who you are and who you should be are at their most rocky which might influence how you perceive your body and any wobbly bits it contains. And besides, without seeing you it's hard for us to even give our very non-professional opinions :wink:

That said, there is nothing wrong with making sure you are eating a nice, healthy, balanced diet and doing some reasonable exercise - regardless of whether you need to lose any weight or not. It will do your health the world of good (as long as it is reasonable and not excessive).

35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby EmMichael » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:28 pm

Tarz wrote:Find out how tall you are then search on the net for a BMI (body mass index) calculator.

BMI are valid only when applied to adults, for 15 years old boy better use of percentile tables like a or Universal Calculator (

Postby miranda*jane » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:39 am

Auzzieboy, here's the thing. Don't worry about BMI tests, fat check or any of that. You're 15 years old, and there's nothing wrong with being 78Kg. If you eat right and are more or less active in someway or another everyday, you're fine. You're young and healthy, and should be happy about it. I know what being 15 is like.There's all the pressure to be "thin" and fit the "normal" weight ranges and "adverage" size, but you know what? If everyone was thing, normal and adverage, this world would be one shit-boring place to live in.

If you're worried about flabby arms and love handles (which EVERYONE has, by the way) do some sit ups and push ups once a day. Start at 10-20 of each and build it up as they start to get easer.

Love who you are, and don't try to be anything else. Break the mould.

<3 M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .

Return to Weight loss Talk