It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Sauna's

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Sauna's

Postby GoddessInside » Mon May 19, 2008 4:45 pm

Hello gorgeous guys & gals !

I have 2 really quick and stupid questions regarding sauna's.

1. Do they aid in weightloss ? I've been told they help with the muscles after a hard workout.
2. What does one wear in the sauna ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Re: Sauna's

Postby milkyway » Mon May 19, 2008 6:41 pm

Hi Helen. I love a good sauna now and then. I think they do help with muscle stiffness and soreness after a workout and are good for general wellbeing as well because they make you sweat and all kinds of body baddies come out in your sweat. I like to do a little gentle stretching in the sauna and a bit of self massage.

As for attire, I wear my bathers and take a towel - some have a practice where they expect you to take a towel in to sit on, which makes sense ;) I know I'd rather sit on my own towel than a wooden bench where other sweaty bottoms have been :P

In relation to weightloss, it's only temporary as you sweat out fluids. Jockeys use them before a race and other sports people too when they compete in a particular weight class (e.g. boxers, martial artists etc.) As soon as you have a glass of water, you gain back any 'loss'.

Hope this helps :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon May 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Hi Hels :D . Sauna's don't help you to shed "fat" but you could see some lost kgs if you don't keep hydrated :D. They are great to help get rid of toxins in the body and sooooooo relaxing after a grueling workout.

I've used the Sauna at my gym twice and I've worn my bikini. A lot of the women wear bikinis or 1 piece.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby SarahC » Mon May 19, 2008 10:24 pm

Saunas are great for muscles after a workout, definitely stops the stiffness setting in. Only word of warning, if you're in there by yourself, don't shut your eyes or lie down, in case you pass out and there's no-one there to rescue you (or maybe it's just me who worries about this happening lol) :P
SarahC

Return to Weight loss Talk