It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Tony Ferguson Dieter's - Chat 2

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Hayley » Mon May 01, 2006 2:16 pm

ABSOLUTELY!!! Free day Saturday it is. It doesn't mean that we can totally pig-out but it does mean that we can have 'normal' food without feeling guilty. I think I'll still have my shake for breakfast because I'm not a huge breakfast person anyway, and then enjoy a free lunch and free dinner.

One question though, will doing this 1 day per week, put our body back into the old way of using carbs for energy instead of using our fat stores? It's just that the diet book says that it takes 48 hours of following this diet properly, for our bodies to convert into the 'using fat stores as energy' mode...and if doing this 1 day a week, ruins that, then I'm not sure about it.

What do you think guys?

Dolly, I love the pictures....where do you find them?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wuOdmgo/]
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Mon May 01, 2006 2:43 pm

Well we all mucked up pretty good this past weekend so we'll test it and see whether or not it's going to stop us losing our fat mass during the week. If it sets us back too much it might not be a good idea to have a day off.
Hayley I just find my pictures by going to http://www.google.com and in the search window I type animated smiley or animated flowers or animated weightloss or whatever I'd like to see, then it brings up a whole heap of sites to find a picture on. I right click on them and save them to my desktop, then I load them to my webspace or sometimes I use the free web host at http://www.photobucket.com.
you click the browse button and click on desktop (which is where you have the pic) then hit the submit button and it comes up with an img code for you to copy and past to your forum (just like our tickergraphs)

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Hayleyd » Mon May 01, 2006 2:55 pm

YAY GUYS one free day it is!!!We will test it this week and decide next monday if it has been good or not.I am so going to have taco's on Sat night for tea :D
Be good all
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Mon May 01, 2006 2:57 pm

lol
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Tue May 02, 2006 8:57 am

94.0kg

Yay, It's working I'm back on track! Even though I mucked up big time over the weekend my weight is still continuing to falling off when I'm instantly back on it.
The only exercise I'm doing is 100 crunches per day (contracting and releasing the abdomin muscles) which I do whilst standing or laying on my bed in the morning.

I think the weight moves so quickly because of the iodine in the sachets. I got a few heart twinges yesterday because my thyroid tablets also contain iodine to turn my metabolism back on. So I may have to cut down my thyroid medication if that's the case. Will check with a doctor soon to see how my thyroid read outs are doing.
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Tue May 02, 2006 10:38 am

Still 98kg - back on track and at least I haven't put back on.

Dolly, what does the iodine in the sachets do?

Yummy stirfry last night and will have to make my soup today as I didn't get around to it yesterday.

Will be back later to check how you're both going. Stay strong girls - WE CAN DO THIS!!!
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Tue May 02, 2006 12:45 pm

Iodine accelerates metabolism and helps weight reduction, which is why many dieters take kelp (seaweed) tablets (found in health food stores) Kelp is full of natural iodine.

The function of the thyroid gland is to take iodine, found in many foods, and convert it into thyroid hormones: thyroxine (T4) and triiodothyronine (T3). Thyroid cells are the only cells in the body which can absorb iodine. These cells combine iodine and the amino acid tyrosine to make T3 and T4. T3 and T4 are then released into the blood stream and are transported throughout the body where they control metabolism.
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Wed May 03, 2006 11:36 am

93.0kg

I don't know if my scales are off but I seem to have dropped another kilo, must have low batteries otherwise this TF diet is kick-ass :lol:

So how areyou all managing on the diet girls? Had any temptations enter the house?
My son came into the house with 10 bars of chocolate he bought because they were on special. I said don't you bring those in here (the loungeroom) because you know I'm dieting. But he ignored me and opened one of the family sized bars and shared it with the others in the house Gaaaaaa, that was torcher!
Other than that I haven't really felt hungry.

Yesterday I ate
3 Vita Brits for breakfast (with milk and sugar)
a diet lime jelly
3 big bowls of no point soup
and only one TF Protein/Vitamin Banana shake for my Dinner (because I didn't want the weight to fall off too quickly and the iodine in the shakes tends to do that)
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Wed May 03, 2006 12:44 pm

Hi girls,

Haven't lost anymore but haven't put on any either, so that's good. Going ok but am finding it a bit harder this week. It's so cold and I just want to eat warm comfort food.

I will stay strong though and another huge thank you .... I couldn't do this without you both.

:)

Best wishes for today. Good on you Dolly for resisting the chocolate bars - your son should be more supportive! Congratulations for losing more weight - you're going really well. I wish my wieght would fall off quickly like your is!

I'll be back to check on you later xxx
Hayley

Postby Hayleyd » Wed May 03, 2006 4:34 pm

Hey girls..I'm back!!! Wow your both doing so well..I'm falling off the wagon.Garlic bread last night,some choc easter egg today.Did resist the bisc at work today though!I'll keep on plugging away though.Havent jumped on the scales again and havent exercised yet-have been moving though!!!
Dolly it all seems a bit tricky with your thyroid-hope its ok and your not sacrificing your health for your weight.
Tonight Im having chicken breast with mashed up avacado and stir fry vegies.
Tomorrow Im going to have 3 shakes as I work till 8pm on a thu and I think lunch will be a bit tricky.Dont feel like salad but I may have some left over stir fry veg with lunch.
Bye girls
Be good for me ok!!!
HayleyD
Ps-dolly if you think I need the boot then give it to me.I am trying :(
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Dolly » Wed May 03, 2006 5:41 pm

Until we get past that hunger stage with the TF Diet we are all able to slip up, so I'll pack my ol' kicking boot away for today :lol:
Dolly

Postby Hayley » Wed May 03, 2006 7:08 pm

Well, stuffed up big time today, so it's me that needs 'the boot'.....a big, big boot!

I had 3 pieces of toast for breaky - 2 with marge and vegemite and 1 with marge and peanut paste; I also had a coffee with full cream milk and sugar. Then, took my little man to an animal farm with my brother today and had subway for lunch on the way home, with a fizzy drink to top it off, then we went to the deli on the way home and I bought a kitkat and a large iced coffee too. Aahhh!!! What's wrong with me? :? I was doing so well and now I feel like I'm losing it. I'm really disappointed and angry with myself. :x :oops: :cry:

I promise that I'll start again tomorrow and stick to it. I promise!

Well done to the 2 of you. Dolly, you're doing so well and Hayley D, good on you for not giving in to the biscuit. Stay strong girls.

I need all the support you can give me!!!
Hayley

Postby Hayleyd » Wed May 03, 2006 8:17 pm

Oh Hayley I so know what you are going through.We can do this think of all the good days we've had.Tomorrow is another day and we will all be 100% or 99% :wink: At the moment you and I are only 50% so we need to step it up...I dont want to take away our free day.In fact it is now not a free day but ONLY a free tea (but still healthy)THURSDAY IS OUR DAY-we can be good!!!!!

HayleyD
Ps-How was that peanut butter toast by the way..have been craving for peanut butter and honey together on toast-If your gunna do it do it properly!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
[/url]
Hayleyd

Postby Hayley » Thu May 04, 2006 11:08 am

To be honest Hayley, I didn't enjoy the peanut paste on toast, which is highly unusual - I actually preferred the vegemite. I still felt so guilty though.

Today is my Dad's birthday and he wants to take us all out for dinner tomight to his favourite chinese restaurant. I'm a little unsure as to what to do. Part of me thinks I should just eat what I feel like and enjoy spending the special evening with my family, but the other part of me thinks I should just eat a small portion of chicken & vegetables or something else loike that which would not be so bad. I'M NOT SURE - what do you suggest????

I've been good so far today and had a strawberry & cream shake for breaky - I love that flavour 'cos it's sweet and almost feels like 'naughty food'.

Dolly, are you still only having 1 shake a day now or are you back up to 2? Do you feel you need to eat fruit or salad or soup in between shakes or are you past that 'cos you don't feel hungry?

I'll be back later to see how you're going and to have a whinge if I feel like eating something bad. I feel much better about it all today - more positive and stronger!

WE CAN DO IT!!!
Hayley

Postby Dolly » Thu May 04, 2006 4:22 pm

93.4kg

Hi girls!
Hayley I hope you have a wonderful day visiting with your dad.

I'm off the TF Diet for one day and will start on it again tomorrow, I had a few heart twinges (think it may have been too much iodine) I'm already starting to feel heaps better even though being off the TF Diet has made my weight increase slightly.

I think your dad only has a birthday once in a whole year and if you're lucky enough to be invited for his birthday celebration then I think you should (just be carful not to over indulge)

My nephew was training to be a chef and we were surprised to learn that steamed rice in chinese restaurants has oil stired through it to stop it going dry. So try not to have any rice as the steamed has as much fat in it as the fried.
A low GI alternative would be oriental noodles. If you wish you can try to avoid deep fried foods and mainly stick with the dishes loaded with vegetables eg. chow mein.
Let us know how you manage tomorrow.
Dolly

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk