It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:48 am

Free Newsletter

New Mum

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

New Mum

Postby Littlegirl » Sat May 31, 2008 3:04 pm

Hi There,

I have given birth 5 weeks ago now and gained a whopping 30 kilos during the pregnancy. I am unable to exercise due to being disabled but am attempting to try and lose a fair amount of it with dieting. My Pre-Pregnancy weight was 56 kilos and during my pregnancy my weight went to 86kilos losing 10 kgs almost immediatley after giving birth. I am now 73.6 kgs and seem to be unable to lose any more than that. I was wondering is there any changes that happen within the body after pregnancy to make weight loss difficult? Usually its very simple for me to lose weight by diet alone (as i cannot exercise).

Littlegirl (well this was my nickname prior to the pregnancy! lol, im thinking of changing the little part now!)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Re: New Mum

Postby Moomoo » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:28 am

Hi there, Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the birth of your new baby!

I can't help with the changes to the body after pregnancy as I haven't had the experience yet I know there are a few mummies on here though

Good luck with the baby and your weight loss journey!
Moomoo

Postby tzad2000 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:49 pm

Congratulations on the new bub.
I can really feel where your coming from. I was able to exercise during my 1st pregnancies (was a regular gym goer 3-4 times a week) BUT I sill piled on 16kilos even though I was exercising til 37 weeks. Unfortunately it wasnt fluid retention & I only lost 4 kilos in hospital leaving me 12kg to lose.
I think hormones play a big part in weight loss(or lack of) after pregnancy. For some it seems like the fat melts away but for the majority I think most have to actually put some plan into action to actually lose it & reality is many dont. They do say it takes 9months for your body to go back to normal the same length of time it took to get to final stages of full term pregnancy. By normal I dont mean weight wise(because sometimes that doesnt happen) I mean your hormone levels, your uterus, your breasts, your muscles & ligaments which losen up during the pregnancy. So you are doing very well to actually be thinking /wanting to do something about it & only 6 weeks post baby.

I would suggest you take it easy over the next few months enjoy your baby & the special time you now have together, as your body recovers from the last 9 months you will start to lose some weight. Dont rush things.

Both my pregnacies & post birth were very different. 1st time I exercised & put on 16kg then went to the gym after 5 months & it took me 6 months to lose 4 kilos that I had left to lose. 2nd time around I couldnt exercise put on 18+ kilos & post baby I didnt have the time to exercise with a baby & a toddler at home plus cold weather. But i started on a meal replacement program & was able to lose 7kilos in 10-12 weeks. Exercise can help but is not an integal part of weight loss journey and it certainly didnt help me much during or after my pregnancies.

I wish you all the best with the new baby & the weight loss. Send me a personal message if you have any queries.

Cheers
Zoe
START YOUR JOURNEY TO GREATER HEALTH TODAY!!
http://www.journey2greathealth.org
tzad2000

Postby Littlegirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:08 am

thank you for the congrats and welcome! I think the change in hormones do play a big role in determining weightloss after pregnancy too.

Littlegirl
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Postby Athena » Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:31 am

Hi and welcome Littlegirl, congratulations on the birth of your baby.
I here a lot about the post-baby weight from my aunts, who keep sending me articles about it. (Oddly enough I thik it might be there way of telling me not to get pregnant). Some of the articles are really interesting though.

Heres one that you might want to read...

http://digg.com/health/Childbirth_trigg ... shockwaves\
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Return to Weight loss Talk