It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:12 am

Free Newsletter

A question about periods!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Implanon

Postby Andrea Bean » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:03 pm

Butterfly Dawn,

I had implanon in for about 6 months (with no bleeding also) but had it taken out a couple of weeks ago because the acne was annoying. The very next day, I was lying in bed when I suddenly got this incredible pain in my lower abdomen.. i was doubled over and crying, my fiance took me to the hospital it was so bad. after investigating, I had a cyst in my right ovary which had burst (hence the pain). And doctors suspect Implanon was the cause of all that, the hormone prevents the follicle from breaking down in your ovary, and instead it forms a cyst. When the implanon was removed, the sudden drop in hormone caused it to burst. Now, about 2 weeks later, I've been having minor, (period-like) pain every night. I wouldn't recommend implanon to ANYBODY, nor would i ever try it again. It's just so not worth it.
Andrea Bean

Postby Groovychic » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:58 pm

I have suffered with ovarian cysts for years now. I know what the pain is, after a rushed trip in the ambulance on an extremely windy road for 30 mins, doped up on pethadine and thinking wow is that a cow looking in the window...hey did you see that cow Scott(name of the ambo fella in the back with me!!!) He was laughing at me. I think he nearly wet himself. I said to him that if I didn't feel sort of happy then this whole thing was really bad and I wanted to spew. Anyway to get away from that, I know what the pain is and have some lovely drugs in the cupboard for when it starts again. But since going on the pill they have not been playing up. The doc said to me that the pill should help to control them. And it seems to be. I have only been on it for 2 months but I am pretty happy with it. That Yasmin is very expensive but so far I am happy with it and not having any side effects at this stage. Which is the main thing. I have forgotton to take it in the morning a few days lately but hey I don't need it for contraception!!! Gotta have censored to need contraception........hahaha. Only joking...well not really....censored life is a wee bit sad at the moment....but after having my tubes tied 5 years ago, thought I was done with the pill. Right just told the old boy off for interrupting and wanting to read what I am writing so I better go and suck up to him cos he is now in a shitty!!! Damn men are a pain in the butt at times!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk