It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:59 pm

Free Newsletter

MY NEW WEIGHT LOSS PLAN

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

MY NEW WEIGHT LOSS PLAN

Postby emmalouise86 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:08 pm

Hi everyone i have decided it is really time to do something about my weight and i thought i would share my idea and find out wether anyone thinks that this will work... It all started a few years ago when i fell pregnant with my son (now 3). I was a size 8-10 and felt good about the way i looked. During my pregnancy i gained about 30 kg. Soon after my son was born i began exercising and eating very healthy and lost weight, but i hit a point where no matter how hard i tried i couldnt shift another kg, i still had 10kg to lose to get back to my pre pregnancy weight and i stayed this way up until a few months ago wen i started piling on the kgs.. I now need to lose 20kg. I feel embarrassed to go anywhere with my partner or my frends (who are all small), and pretty much just wash and wear the same clothes everyday cos im too embarrassed to go shopping for bigger clothes. I think my problem is that i pick at food wen im bored throughtout the day and i eat meals that are too big. Yesterday i went out and bought a meal replacement shake, to have for brekkie and lunch and some weight watchers frozen meals to eat for dinner. I know i cant do this for a long time but i thought if i can get out of the bad habits and learn to eat less i can gradually start eating proper meals again only smaller portions.. wat are your thoughts on this?
emmalouise86

Re: MY NEW WEIGHT LOSS PLAN

Postby Athena » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Whatever you decide to do you should do it consistantly. It's better to just pick a diet meathod at the start and stick with it. (unless it's makeing you sick of course)
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby PenM » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:46 pm

What Athena said is definitely correct. Stick to your plan and let's see what happens in the next 2-3 months. Good luck. Your plan looks promising!
PenM

Postby ali76 » Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:54 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum!

I honestly think the best way to lose weight is through education...find out exactly what is in the food you're eating. A lot of people here use calorieking.com.au which tells you how much you should consume for your height, weight, censored, exercise, etc. It's a fantastic tool and helps you make healthy decisions.

The best thing to do is change your lifestyle! A diet won't work if it's not sustainable or too hard or too restrictive!

Good luck with everything, you'll have all the support you need on this forum, that's for sure!!

Ali
xo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby rivenriver » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:55 pm

I really agree with everything else that's been said. :) Hi! And good luck!!!
rivenriver

Return to Weight loss Talk