It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:50 pm

Free Newsletter

Can anyone suggest any proven ways for weight loss?????

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Can anyone suggest any proven ways for weight loss?????

Postby Askog » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:28 pm

Hi everyone, I have been really obsessed with my weight problem. I am a 33 year old female and have gained 90lbs which makes the count to 210. I recently took out some of my summer clothes and they don’t fit me anymore!!! This is a real tragedy for me. How can I not wear the ones I adore...moreover the new look is getting me mad (with the comments from my friends). I know quite a few ways to start losing weight…….but I don’t really feel that, with so many people failing using these methods that I will make it through. Does anyone know a proven way to reduce the weight?

Please help me…..this is killing me!!!
Askog

Re: Can anyone suggest any proven ways for weight loss?????

Postby electrongirl » Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:51 pm

First of all, Diets don't work.

you need to change your lifestyle habits. The very basic method of weightloss is eat less move more.

Go somewhere like Calorie King and work out how many calories you need to eat a day to lose weight. Add 30 mins of exercise a day and you will lose weight.

There is no trick or fast way to lose weight healthily.

If you want to keep it off you need to change your life and sick to it.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby James » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:19 pm

Try and purchase a Pritikin Program book (or get one from your library) and read it.

It's changed my whole life (and my wifes) in just 6 1/2 weeks. It's a whole new concept (to me) of eating and it's not hard to do once you start.

James

Postby PenM » Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:41 am

If you tired of your efforts, you can try go for a surgery but consider that as your final effort. Regular exercises and eat less are always the best.
PenM

Postby electrongirl » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:05 pm

PenM wrote:If you tired of your efforts, you can try go for a surgery but consider that as your final effort. Regular exercises and eat less are always the best.

I really don't think surgery should be something taken lightly.

It affects you for LIFE. You can never eat properly and are always having to think about your intake all the time.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby MelissaW » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:48 pm

I wouldn't suggest the surgery, my mum has stomach stapling and she halved her body weight however now she is unable to digest most good food and lives off chocolate and milkshakes. She is still thin but I don't think its the answer the a wholesome diet at the same time.
MelissaW

Postby leemckenna2 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:16 am

Hello I wouldnt go for surgery untill you have no other options availble. Like some one said the only way to lose weight safe is to eat less and move more. Find a local gym and go 3 times a week and get some one to help you out with a fitness program. You will feel better for it. The hard part is getting to the gym. Or even a walk around the park each day will help.

Good Luck
leemckenna2

Postby chubby mummy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:23 pm

Like what has been said by other posters before me, it is a lifestyle change. Adjust your diet to smaller portions if you eat big meals and definetely get a calorie counter and learn the calorie counts of your regular foods then in the end you will come to know what you can and can't eat. If you do eat something that you shouldn't it's as simple as energy in=energy out... you must burn off what you eat. If you eat a mars bar walk for an extra 30 mins or so, same with if you have a night out on the turps, make up for it the next day with a big walk/jog.
Chubby Mummy

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrcQcZv/]
[/url]
chubby mummy

Postby Athena » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:13 pm

There are basicly two ways you can go; you can join some sort of program or you can try it on your own (with your support system of course.)

If you want to try a program then I would personally recomend the one I'm on now, mass attack. Other people have had success with others, there are a few recomendations on this forum.

If you want to go it alone, then have a think about what you eat in a day and try to cut down on the high callorie things. Also try to fit in as much exercise as you can squeeze into your life, and that your body can handle. The energy in = energy out equation is a good one.

Hope this is understandable...
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby jessica86 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:21 pm

its as simple and as difficult as this- energy out needs to exceed energy in!

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby rubyredhen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:06 am

Well we are here to support you..so all the best. I have found writing a list of jobs for the day and getting motivated soon as I get up no tv helps! I do all my house work then have my list of things to do for the do. I have also found a newq hobby has helped keep me motivated. And when I know I am stuffing up I put on my pedometer it sure tells me the truth! :D
Askog wrote:Hi everyone, I have been really obsessed with my weight problem. I am a 33 year old female and have gained 90lbs which makes the count to 210. I recently took out some of my summer clothes and they don’t fit me anymore!!! This is a real tragedy for me. How can I not wear the ones I adore...moreover the new look is getting me mad (with the comments from my friends). I know quite a few ways to start losing weight…….but I don’t really feel that, with so many people failing using these methods that I will make it through. Does anyone know a proven way to reduce the weight?

Please help me…..this is killing me!!!
rubyredhen

Postby carinna » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:57 am

Exercise, good diet and nutrition, good support group. That's the meat of it. You can try proven diet supplements and diet methods but that's really all. Don't consider any type of surgemy minor or major unless you have to.
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby dandy » Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:27 am

Eat less carboes. That helped for me. And eat less calories than you burn by activities.

Here is a good calculator for this:
http://www.slimdog.com/calometer.jsf
dandy

Postby surfchick33 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:34 pm

I sure can! I found the MassAttack program really helpful. They work a bit differently, in that they work out why you are gaining weight. So they're not just focused on losing it, but getting to the cause of it. They do focus on diet & lifestyle too & in a healthy way. My problem was I had PCOS - it made me gain weight & made it almost impossible for me to lose it. Perhaps you should check out if you have PCOS? My GP has been happy with my progess as my cholesterol has improved and my periods have come back.

I've almost hit my goal weight & am feeling pretty healthy.

When I read your post I thought - yep that's the same as I was. Here is the link to their website - http://www.massattack.com.au

Good Luck!
surfchick33

Postby brendong » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Weight Loss 101.

It's Energy Intake(food) Vs Energy output (exercise)

There's a free trial at http://www.lifeadvantage.com.au/

It's a no BS lifestyle online program.

They me what i need to know.. not what i want to hear.
I didn't get there overnight but now i have a really nice momentum happening and steady weightloss.

Heck, i even like exercise more now that i know i was trying to hard.

Cheers

Brendon
brendong

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk