It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:04 am

Free Newsletter

I am putting on weight!!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I am putting on weight!!!

Postby Lexie » Thu May 04, 2006 10:25 am

I decided to take everyones advice and start eating breakfast and healthy small meals during the day. However I have gone up to 78.6 kg ; I weighed myself this morning. I can't understand. I have been having a piece of wholegrain toast with just vegemite and a glass of fbreakfast juice every moring for the past week. I have steped up my excercise to 30 mins a day, 4-5 days a week; yet I am up just over one kilo. Can anyone explain this? I am really confussed and quite upset!

Thanks everyone.

Lexie:)
Height: 164 cm
HW: 90kg
CW: 64kg

GW1: 75 kg
GW2: 70 kg
GW3: 65 kg
GOAL WEIGHT: 60 kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBSAIAh/]
Lexie

Postby Groovychic » Thu May 04, 2006 11:53 am

Lexie if you have stepped up your exercise you will no doubt have put some muscle on. Same thing has happened to me in the past. Mind you I didn't put any on but I didn't lose any for a long time. Muscle weighs much more than fat. Just keep going and you will find that you will lose it. Plus you need to measure yourself if you have not done so yet. That is the most important way to judge your weight. If it wasn't for me losing cms I would have quit a long time ago. I've only lost 2kgs but I have lost a lot of cms. Chin up girl.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby carleyjt » Thu May 04, 2006 12:08 pm

When we change things in our lives it takes about 2 weeks for our bodies to get used to it so you probably wont see any change for a while. There are no instant weight loss answers it takes time and effort but in the end you will be rewarded. Your body especially sounds like it has a bit of healing to do so it will take its time to accept the new changes. Good luck
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
carleyjt

Postby Dolly » Thu May 04, 2006 12:35 pm

If you haven't been eating much for a while and suddenly start eating, it does take a while to get back up to where you'd be if you had food in your bowels then you'll start losing it from there, keep eating healthy though.

If things don't improve go to a Doctor and ask them to give you a blood test to see if you have a thyroid gland problem. If you do they will give you a small thyroxine pill to take daily for the rest of your life that will turn your metabolism back on.
Dolly

Postby Lexie » Fri May 05, 2006 10:10 am

Thank-you all so much for your helpfull advice. I will keep at it for awhile longer and see if my body gets back on track. Thanks for all the help!!!

Lexie :)

Lexie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 05, 2006 8:35 pm

Also, if you have not been eating as much as you should have, your body may have been in "I'm starving" mode and slowed your metabolism down. Now that you have increased the eating, it is still in "I'm starving" mode and is trying to capture everything you put in it.
I had the same things when i started -I lost 3 kg in a week and then put on 6 or something stupid like that.

Stick with it though and keep up the exercise to force your body to raise the metabolism.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Livy » Sat May 06, 2006 8:46 pm

Hi Lexi,
I am on the Betalife diet, and have the same thing happen to me! I have been going for 2 weeks, and have put on weight, instead of losing it. Though they recomend you only weigh once a week, and not get disheartened... though I have been working out harder than I ever had in my life, and feel really RIPPED OFF...Why not just eat the chocolate cake and forget the whole thing, I will get the same result!
I have had a few days off, but will hopefully get back on the band wagon.

Also, I just had to comment on your goal weight being 55kgs. Are you sure that's correct?? I am 157cm tall, and my goal weight is 55kgs, however this will make me REALLY skinny, like a size 10. Many people I have spoken to say around 62 would be more realistic and still allow me to look lovely, and not all caved in. So, are you aiming for a size 8 or something?
Livy

Postby Lexie » Mon May 08, 2006 9:57 am

Hi Livy,

thanks for your advice. My BMI will be at 'Normal' when I reach 55 kilos. My doctor told me between 60-55 kg will put me in the healthy range. I don't think I will be skinny at all. My doctor recommened this weight goal... Thanks for your concern however.

Lexie :)

Lexie

Return to Weight loss Talk