It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:10 am

Free Newsletter

overwhelmed at my falling off the wagon, pls help

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

overwhelmed at my falling off the wagon, pls help

Postby sunshine » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:09 pm

I had been a regular reader/poster in this forum, up until a month ago, when I basically fell off the wagon big time. I was doing so well, getting down to around 63 kilos, gyming, walking and eating right. I felt great. Then several things happened, my mum arrived for a holiday, and we had a great time, but while she was here, we had a vomiting bug go through our house, then I got really sick with a throat, sinus infection ( now I have it again, so I am on antibiotics again), my gym membership ran out, when I was supposed to renew and review my programme I cancelled because I was so sick.

Mum and I enjoyed our evening drink, but now I am having that evening drink 4 or 5 nights per week, and having more than one. I am eating so badly again, heaps of bread, all the bad things and I haven't excercised for a month, I have been sick and I am sick of being sick! I am so rundown thats why I am getting these infections. I have now put on 4 kilos in around a month, and am totally disgusted and depressed with throwing all my good work away. My defined waist that I had from my gym work, is starting to thicken up again and I am so tired. I am not taking care of myself, and I am so overwhelmed that I can't seem to start afresh. I need some motivation to get me going again. I have nearly come to terms with the fact that we are not having any more kids, that has been a big issue for me (2 yrs trying with 3 miscarriages) and really want to move on and enjoy life.

I need help, can I get up from this and get back on track. I feel like crying at my lack of consistency and enthusiam. Thanks for reading.

Re: overwhelmed at my falling off the wagon, pls help

Postby Cac33 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:18 pm

Hi Sunshine

Sorry you're having such a rough time at the moment. Things can be hard to pick up & start again especially if you're not feeling well & its a bit of a catch 22 situation because if you keep getting sick because your immune is down.

Not really sure what to say but just wanted to let you know we're all here to listen if you need to vent.

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi Sunshine,

You did it once, you can do it again! Think back to how you were feeling at the start of your last weight loss journey. You probably experienced all the feelings you are going through now, but even more intensely because you didn't know whether you could lose the weight or not. Now you know that you can because you've already done it once! 4kg isn't that much. At least you recognised your slide back into bad habits before it became 10 or 20kg! Think of that month as a reminder that a healthy lifestyle is for life, not just to be turned on or off when you feel like it.

There's nothing much you could do about the tummy bug. And we're all a bit naughty when we have houseguests come to stay. But you're through that now. Why not join the gym again? Are you still getting infections? Maybe easing back into exercise with a half hour walk each evening would be the way to go if the gym seems too much at the moment.

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriages. That must be the most awful thing to go through. I don't blame you for being upset about not having another child. Have you considered talking to your GP about how you're feeling? He or she may be able to recommend a psychologist you could talk to to help you through this difficult time. Are there support groups that might help? Maybe talking to someone in a similar position will help you.

All the best,

Postby Isckon » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Hello sunshine it is not a very big problem.
You have done it. So don't think you can't do this again. :)

If you think you need help then check it out.
It can help you dont advertise pleaseit is not about only fat loosing. You can get right diet advices from this.

Postby Moonie » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:23 am

I can so relate to that! Have just started today again after I fell off the wagon big time 2! Gained 5kg's in like 3 wk's!
I know it fell's overwhelming but you have done it before and you can do it again! That’s the thing about weight loss (that I now get) you don't just do it till you lose the weight, it's a lifestyle & there r going to b times when you fall off that's life!
Where not perfect, but I think u have shown how much you have changed by wanting to stop and get back on track b4 u fall back into old habits, it's only a couple of kilo's in the scheme of things just ease your self back in to it the exercise and you'll b back on track b4 u know it!!!
All the best, Madison
no more binge eating!

Return to Weight loss Talk