It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:59 pm

Free Newsletter

Kicking the winter blues

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Kicking the winter blues

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:12 pm

I don't know about everyone else, winter for me is an excuse to rug up, and ignore how out of shape my body is getting. This winter I am changing that. I'm not going to sit on my bum letting the months go by without doing something about it. My question to you all is =

HOw do you get over those winter blues? You know, not wanting to get out of bed, getting out there and exercising in the cold and so forth?

I need these tips, past winters I've ignored and hidden away my body and now is the time for me to change this. Come on all, lets talk about ways to kick the winter blues :mrgreen:
Strawberry

Re: Kicking the winter blues

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:02 pm

I'll begin :mrgreen:
1)wanting to look like the image in my head- does anyone else imagine what they will look like without the extra padding?
2)....
Strawberry

Postby ali76 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:05 pm

I dont need to imagine Strawberry....I have a photo on my fridge of myself in a tiny pair of shorts looking very svelte when I was 24 and in Singapore on a holiday....sigh.....!!!

Funny though, I look back on that photo thinking I looked great, but back then I still thought I was fat!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Moonie » Sun Jun 22, 2008 5:10 pm

hahahah yes I think I wrote this some where already but I have I pic of a model in a bikini on my fridge, cuz that's what I hope I will look like when I go to Bali next yr! Keeps me motivated to not over eat!! Maybe u should put 2gether a pin board i.e. like a mood board of pics/images that inspires u to get up and exercise. Hang it in ur room (if u can) soo every time u go to bed and wake up u c it and hopefully feel motivated!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9Aku8C/]
no more binge eating!
Moonie

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:21 pm

I suffer with the 'Summer blues', I detest everything about it, I luuurve Winter :P .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:23 pm

ali76 wrote:I dont need to imagine Strawberry....I have a photo on my fridge of myself in a tiny pair of shorts looking very svelte when I was 24 and in Singapore on a holiday....sigh.....!!!

Funny though, I look back on that photo thinking I looked great, but back then I still thought I was fat!

lucky you. I've never been slim, have been chubby since my teens i only have the image in my head to go by :P

Does having the photo on the fridge inspire you?
Strawberry

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:28 pm

Moonie wrote:hahahah yes I think I wrote this some where already but I have I pic of a model in a bikini on my fridge, cuz that's what I hope I will look like when I go to Bali next yr! Keeps me motivated to not over eat!! Maybe u should put 2gether a pin board i.e. like a mood board of pics/images that inspires u to get up and exercise. Hang it in ur room (if u can) soo every time u go to bed and wake up u c it and hopefully feel motivated!

what a good idea. I was reading the inspirational quotes in the forum competition section. Might write some out and place them on the fridge & bathroom mirror to give me a boost.
Strawberry

Postby shelbel » Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:38 pm

Well ali u are lucky, my fridge has a rather unsightly pic of me looking very round and at my biggest ever! I find it very inspirational when making food choices!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby Purpledog21 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:22 am

Ive got a photo like that on the fridge and right beside my bed to motivate me as well shelbel it defentantly makes you think twice before you eat as you dont want to go back to that size again.
Purpledog21

Postby Athena » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:05 am

The most recent photos of me on the wall anywhere in my house date back to when I was 16, and skinny. That's a while ago now, the girl in those photos doesn't look that much like me. Maybe I need to put up some more recent photos to keep me motivated.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby ali76 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:26 am

Maybe I need to have both....a pic at my best and a pic at my worst!!

Strawberry, I do find it encouraging...I know that at nerly 32 I need to work a hell of a lot harder than I did at 24 so can't go to the fridge and keep eating!! It certainly makes me think twice....dont get me wrong though, it doesn't always work!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Tarz » Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:36 am

I found having just one photo doesn't work. My computer is always on and our screen saver is our engagement party photos from December. I look so fat and wide that i see it whenever i have dinner and suddenly don't feel like eating anymore. :mrgreen:

Strawberry wrote:HOw do you get over those winter blues? You know, not wanting to get out of bed, getting out there and exercising in the cold and so forth?

I really need help with this one too, i yelled at my fiance for making me get up this morning, had a really really hot shower (the sort that makes your skin all red) hopped out and couldn't move cos it was too cold, i seriously think i stood in the one spot for 10 minutes wrapped in my towel. The only good thing about winter is my birthday :mrgreen:
Tarz

Return to Weight loss Talk