It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:08 pm

Free Newsletter

Alcohol and dieting

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Alcohol and dieting

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:58 pm

SarahC wrote:I heard there was sugar-free lemon ruski's now - think I saw an ad a while back. Might have to look that one up :wink:

SUGAR FREE LEMON RUSKIS! Oh my god, what are they trying to do to me!? :lol:

I agree with all the previous posts. You could lose weight quicker by giving up alcohol completely, but then when you start including alcohol again you will be more likely to put the weight back on because you won't have learned how to incorporate it into your lifestyle. I still drink wine regularly and as a result my weight loss is slow. But wine helps me not care how long it's taking me to lose the pounds. :lol:

Ironically I snack less when I drink red wine. Whereas if I don't have wine I find myself craving sweets, bikkies or desert after dinner.

I guess it depends on how non-negotiable alcohol is in your life. If you can happily live without it then go for it. If you feel the need for a tipple now and then then it's best to find a way to make allowance for it in your daily calorie plan.

Re: Alcohol and dieting

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:57 pm

Thanks for all your responses guys!!!!

As far as i'm concerned, alcohol is a "necessary" part of my social life! Its a social lubricant. Its that all importnat elixir that helps to take the edge off after a long week at work. Even though my weightloss is very important to me, I feel that if i were to stop drinking completely it would alienate me from my social environment. I would hate for my weightloss to make me not enjoy going out. I dont plan to stop drinking once i reach goal weight, so i'm not gonna stop now. I'm simply going to make sure that i drink within my calorie allocation. Also, because i only drink on weekends (the ones on which i do go out), my drinking is not very frequent, nor is it of binge drinking proportions (as it used to be in varsity).

So, i think that if i work out how much i can drink before hand, then i'll know the limit that i should stay within for that night. I would be happy sticking to two glasses of wine for the night because at least i would feel like i wasnt missing out. I know it sounds shallow or weak, but on a fundamental level, we all wanna fit in right??

kat ;-) ;-) ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Return to Weight loss Talk