It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:40 pm

Free Newsletter

To Tony Or Not To Tony???

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

To Tony Or Not To Tony???

Postby Lush Gal » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:56 am

Ok. So here is the deal - I did Tony Ferguson last year for a couple of months and lost about 7kgs. Also, it forced me to cut my booze, up my water, take a daily multivitamin, eat two serves of fruit daily, eat a truck load of vegies and cut out caffeine.

The reason I think it worked for me was that I needed the discipline - it forced me to really address my junk food and booze habit. I still had a few glasses of wine here and there, and also ate out occassionally - but nowhere to the extent I was pre TF.

Fast forward a year and the weight has gone back on (plus 3 kgs!), and I am not at an all time high in my weight, and wanting to lose approximately 20kg. I am drinking far too much (knocked off half a bottle of bubbles and a few white wines last night :oops: ) plus I am eating rubbish and tonnes of refined carbs.

So, a few months back I ordered a couple of hundred dollars worth of TF shakes - I attempted to re-start twice (lasted a day!) and so resigned myself to just eating sensibly and exercising as the way to lose weight and put the TF shakes to the back of the cupboard.

I have been walking (a little sporadically) but my diet is woeful.

Advice and thoughts appreciated guys. I am heading out for a bang up dinner tonight with hubby (celebrating a big court win for him) and so would start tomorrow. Should I re-start? Should I wait till Monday (my typical "diet starts on Monday" line ... ). All advice appreciated!
Lush Gal

Re: To Tony Or Not To Tony???

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:47 am

I hate waste! I would start TF as a kick start and then follow the principle of the diet without the shakes.
Strawberry

Postby Tarz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:00 pm

IMHO you need to do something that you can continue always. If you do the TF again and lose the weight and come off and go back to how you are/were living you will put it back on again, you need to learn the right balance for you, eat the right amount of cals, do the right amount of exercise and even though it will be slow you will lose the weight and keep it off. Don't look at it as a diet, diets don't teach you how to live once you loose the weight. work on changing your lifestyle.
Tarz

Postby electrongirl » Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:08 pm

I agree with Tarz. If you go on TF and lose the weight, but don't make the changes in your diet and lifestyle afterwards you will gain it back again.

Weightloss needs to be a daily, everyday choice, for life, if you want it to work.

You need to make permanent life changes for it to last.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby sassi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:10 pm

i agree with the other girls about it being something you need to be able to maintain. this is a lifestyle change not just a diet :)

maybe you need to look at the reasons why the bad things crept back in - was it comfort eating, did you eat of out boredom etc

on the 'when to start'...i strongly believe that you should start right now. you can still go out for dinner and be on day one. i know that might sound silly but if you can balance what you eat for the rest of the day to allow you to have more courses, something creamy whatever tonight then you're on the right track for the future.

i dunno if that makes sense?!
sassi

Postby Tarz » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:16 pm

It does make sense sassi, there is no point putting it off, either your ready now or your not at all. I think the same for when people quit smoking. Theres no time like the present. By putting it off till monday your justifying gorging over the weekend.
Tarz

Postby sassi » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:30 pm

Tarz wrote:It does make sense sassi, there is no point putting it off, either your ready now or your not at all. I think the same for when people quit smoking. Theres no time like the present. By putting it off till monday your justifying gorging over the weekend.
yeah, that's what i meant! putting it off makes it seem like there will be a massive change - whereas it should be more a shift in attitude i think & working out how to balance what you eat :)
sassi

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:57 pm

Great advice there.
Strawberry

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:12 am

Thanks for all the advice!

Well dinner was lovely - resisted dessert but did have some bubbly / wine.

This morning was woeful though, my friend and I were meant to walk but we had drive through for breakie instead! First time we've done it and we felt so guilty, although it did give us time to chat and set some proper goals - ie. walk 5 times per week, no booze on a school night, and better eating.

As for Tony, I think I will use my supply of shakes as a kick start. It does make me address eating healthy dinners and lots of fruit and vegies so if I use the shakes and once they're gone replace that meal with a salad sandwhich or soup etc I should be ok.

Thanks again guys - :)
Lush Gal

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:19 am

Good idea its such a waste not to use them.
Strawberry

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:38 am

Yeah I hate waste! Plus I actuaklly like the shakes too. So for lunch today its shake n salad time! :)
Lush Gal

Return to Weight loss Talk