It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:24 am

Free Newsletter

lost 4kg in one night

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

lost 4kg in one night

Postby xXauschickXx » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:02 am

sorry for all the questions guys ill stop soon hehe
well i know that cant be possible but yesterday i was 57kg, i binged yesterday...had a few squares of chocolate and nuts and that. felt horrible. but i must say i drank more water than usual too. i was sitting majority of the day cause i have damaged my back. My basd calorie intake is 1000 cals a day but i must have had about 1200-1300 eek!!? (from previous post im going to try 1200 cals a day now)

got up this morning and 54kg!!? what?? i wish...i know it will probably come back. Is this water weight? ive heard its good to have one day a week to eat whatever cause it tricks your motabilsm, is this true?
xXauschickXx

Re: lost 4kg in one night

Postby loveat116 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:23 pm

I don't even know if that is possible. Its most likely a scale malfunction.

You can not lose 4kg of fat in one night, you would have had to burn off an extra 30.800 calories and that is just not humanly possible.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:23 pm

loveat116 wrote:I don't even know if that is possible. Its most likely a scale malfunction.

You can not lose 4kg of fat in one night, you would have had to burn off an extra 30.800 calories and that is just not humanly possible.

Sorry, I meant 30,800 calories.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby xXauschickXx » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:06 pm

i know i though it cant be possible but i stood on the scale right i went on and off to double check and it had the same. hmmm
xXauschickXx

Postby anaturallearner » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:58 pm

Sometimes I drop two to three kilos in what seems like overnight - using the same scales, not wearing anything. So it's possible but I don't think it's usual.

It generally doesn't happen when I've eaten a lot the day before. It often happens if I've been really active for a couple of days (not necessarily the day before the weight drops off, but the two days before that), or if I've eaten lightly and been active and not realised I had eaten less than usual. That often happens if I've been very busy, too busy to eat as much as usual!

The weight seems to hang around while I'm not eating and then whammo, drop off a couple of days later. It usually comes right back on though, once my metabolism normalises again.

I think a food and activity diary is the only way to work out exactly what is going on.

Failing any logical reason for sudden weight loss I'd be heading to the doctors and insisting on a thyroid check, especially if fatigue or tiredness is creeping in. A friend died at the age of 44 suddenly - she'd been losing weight over a three week period and put it down to the stress of changing jobs and needing to move house. In all other respects she was fit and healthy - her thyroid simply packed up. I don't want to alarm anyone, it's just that sudden unexplained weight loss can be a symptom of any number of illnesses.

With luck you'll keep that weight off and continue to lose weight at a more reasonable rate... that's what I'm aiming for. :-)

cheers
Beverley
anaturallearner

Postby SarahC » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:04 pm

A loss is a loss, I wouldn't question it, just feel good about it!

Now, if it were a gain on the other hand.....
SarahC

Return to Weight loss Talk