It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:53 pm

Free Newsletter

Partys

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Partys

Postby Athena » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:46 pm

Does anyone have any techniques for staying on track at parties? I know that I tend to fall off the wagon at social occations. Everyone ellse is hitting the party snacks, I have to as well. Booze doesn't help either. How do other people fight temptation?
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Re: Partys

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:32 pm

resisting the party food 4 me is easy. I hate 2 b seen eating party food & having people think i'm making a pig out of myself.
Sorry i'm no help.
Strawberry

Postby jaz87 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:19 pm

Don't go to the party hungry. But I guess its not really hunger that takes you over to the food table... :|
So i guess i'm not much help either!
[/url]
jaz87

Postby Indi3 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:40 am

Okay... party foods are normally always carb based.. so only have the insides of foods.. inside of pies, tops of pizza's, etc.. You can use a knife and folk and you will look much more elegant eating too and it will keep you more aware of what your eating. Stay way from the cake or sweets or just ask for a SMALL slice. As for the booze.. we have to let our hair down occationally.. maybe just go with a plan to not drink beer, and have a limit of number of drinks. If its spirits, drink it with non sugar based mixer like soda water. And agree, eat before the party .. especially if you know there will limited food you can eat.

One more thing.. instead of focusig on the food or booze , have a think about the people you might meet and what you'd like to get out of the party other than a headache the next day! I find if i help with the preparation or general go-along tidying up at the party you get to meet heaps more people without having to directly approach them. Keeps you busy too. Another trick is to take photo's. The host will be happy and you could forward them on afterwards.

Hope thats some help!?
Indi :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcTlU53/]
[img]

One day at a time.
Focused
Fit
Balanced
Indi3

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:31 pm

Indi3 wrote:

One more thing.. instead of focusig on the food or booze , have a think about the people you might meet and what you'd like to get out of the party other than a headache the next day! I find if i help with the preparation or general go-along tidying up at the party you get to meet heaps more people without having to directly approach them. Keeps you busy too. Another trick is to take photo's. The host will be happy and you could forward them on afterwards.

Hope thats some help!?
Indi :)

great advice!
Strawberry

Postby Athena » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. the take photo's idea is an interesting one, it's harder to snack when your hands are full. If i want to force myself not to drink I'll offer to be the driver, then I know I won't because I have no choice. Not always fun though.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Return to Weight loss Talk