It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:59 am

Free Newsletter

Weight loss programs

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss programs

Postby chubby mummy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:39 pm

Hi all,
Just curious to know if anyone else out there is a bit frustrated to put it lightly about all the weight los programs out there that say its 'easy' to lose weight by following their programs which everyone knows is a lie because any weight loss is a tough task. What annoys me the most is that they give you recipes to use and their program relys on you making these recipes but all the recipes are fancy with ingredients like tofu and smoked salmon etc. These programs, I find, are very expensive to shop for and being a single Mum I have no time what so ever to prepare and make these gourmet foods. I personally am a basic eater, a meat and three veg gal..... baked beans or toasted snaga for lunch and I am a weet-bix kid when it comes to breakfast.
Just wanting to get some opinions on what works and what doesn't in peoples personal diets not one created but a company.

Cheers and happy losing,
Chubby Mummy
Chubby Mummy

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrcQcZv/]
[/url]
chubby mummy

Re: Weight loss programs

Postby Diminishing » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:02 pm

Let's face it, all diets work if we stick to them!

Calorie King may be the thing for you........it is totally free, and allows you to really get a grip of how many calories of normal everyday food you can eat.......

http://www.calorieking.com.au/
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby Athena » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:14 pm

I think that if you want to lose weight you have to spend some money. It's a crazzy screwed up world that we live in that makes that so, but that world is the one we live in. If you want to stay away from the programs, be mindful to also stay away from any pre-packaged meals.

I can't stand smoked salmon or tofu. And don't even get me started on soy beans.

According to my student friends, the cheepest food available in Melbourne (a certain noodle-based dish) contains more fat per serving than about 5 big macs.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby chubby mummy » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:04 pm

I agree on the pre-packaged meals. It's hard to keep the weight off when you go back to cooking your own meals because you have not learnt how to adjust your meals and cook them to lose/maintain weight.

I am just going to stick with what I am eating but down size my portions and cut out all the crap that way I will still enjoy my food and hopefully be able to stick to it and maintain it in the long run.
Chubby Mummy

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrcQcZv/]
[/url]
chubby mummy

Postby PenM » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:47 pm

Diminishing wrote:Let's face it, all diets work if we stick to them!

Calorie King may be the thing for you........it is totally free, and allows you to really get a grip of how many calories of normal everyday food you can eat.......

http://www.calorieking.com.au/

not really, some don't. Try jenny craig or read fat loss 4 idiots. You might want to search more info in BistroMD as well.
PenM

Postby ashley0 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:24 pm

Hello all,
I'm knew to this forum and I joined for one purpose.... I've found an efficient and safe way to effectively lose body fat....and keep it off! I've tried several diets.. Atkins, the Cali Diet, the Hospital diet (which was also effective. If you're interested go to: link deleted by moderator - no blatant advertising/spamming thanks!), etc. But now, I finally have a diet that works for me and that's so easy to stick to, even with a hectic lifestyle. So I wanted to share my findings with anyone and everyone who is eager to get results in minimal time. I was researching new diets because, lets face it, they should only be getting better and more improved as time goes by - people are trying to improve or re-invent past diets. So I tried it, and am now a solid believer, in the new "Genie Diet."

You MUST visit their web page:
link deleted by moderator - no blatant advertising/spamming thanks!

I know what you'll think when you read through the website...Ten days? Really? I did too, but I honestly had nothing to lose... except weight. And for their low price, I was willing to at least try and now I never hesitate to step on a scale. And I actually look forward to going to the beach for once!

Another little secret of mine that I must share.... I have always, since I was a pre-teen, been selfconscious of my legs. And then it didn't help that I used to play softball and soccer - my legs were muscular, but too muscular in my thighs and too chubby in my calfs. I never did or even tried to do anything about it in the past because I was too afraid they'd get even bigger with the more exercises I would do. However, a dear friend of mine had the same problem and stumbled across both of our problem solving routine for our not-so-sexy lower half. We are now "Below the Belt Buddies" lol just a quirky nickname we jokingly came up with for ourselves as we reshape what's "Below the Belt"

The first miracle working routine she found is called the "Women's Lower Body Makeover": link deleted by moderator - no blatant advertising/spamming thanks!
And it seriously has made over both of our lower bodies. No joke. I'm so impressed and no longer afraid to hit the gym while keeping up with my Genie Diet.

The second and only other ingredient to my new and definitely improved bod is the "7 Minute Muscle::World's Fastest Workout": link deleted by moderator - no blatant advertising/spamming thanks!
And yes, ladies... ONLY SEVEN MINUTES!

Anyways, as a new comer to this forum, I thought it would be best to put out my words of wisdom from personal experience to help you beautiful women feel and look wonderful as soon as possible. I sincerely hope that you try out what I was at first hesitant to, but now, I'm only thankful. Good Luck! :D
ashley0

Postby jessica86 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:03 pm

first of all, i LOVE tofu (im a vegan, and its a staple part of my diet!) its cheap and so versatile!

my gym, Fernwood has a diet plan called Slimplicity which is part of my membership, but i dont follow their diet plan because it doesnt adjust for vegans, but i do like the one on one weigh ins and support, which is why i pay for it.

my diet plan consists of sticking to 1300-1700 cals per day (depending on my activity levels) you can read labels or figure them out on calorie king.

i buy my food from an online organics shop- $50 worth of fresh organic produce delivered to my door every week or fortnight, and then i buy things like pasta & cereal & bread every now & then.

this suits me as i dont have kids & my husband prepares his own dinners.

<3 jess
jessica86

Return to Weight loss Talk