It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:21 am

Free Newsletter

Jeans

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Jeans

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:50 pm

i spent the better part of sunday trying 2 find the perfect jeans. every pair i tried on just didn't look right. It was a nightmare trying 2 find a pair. I finally gave up & left jeanless.
has anyone else had difficulty finding the perfect fit?
i can't wait for the day when i can fit into a pair of bardot jeans
Strawberry

Re: Jeans

Postby sassi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:46 pm

i get pretty much all my jeans from target...i have never had so many compliments about my jeans either! one (slightly snobby!) friend was horrified when she commented on how nice my jeans were & heard they were from target & only cost $39 hehe. even better when she said the same thing about another pair a week later & got the same response :mrgreen:

i haven't really shopped anywhere else for jeans for ages though - i'm too scared they won't have anything to fit me :(
sassi

Postby Tarz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:23 pm

Jean shopping is not good for the self esteem.
I recently got new ones (my old ones were falling off it was horrible) got them from Jeans west. Try the different styles there and stick to dark colours as they are more flattering. Jeans always make you feel like your butt is huge.
It took me ages to find the right pair, i think i tried on about 50 pairs of jeans!
Tarz

Postby Athena » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:24 pm

*shudders* not jeans!
I'm hopeing to be able to go jeans shopping without feeling horrible by the end of winter.
Have you tried markets? I don't know where you live, but I've always found Vic market to be a great place to shop.
Incidently, the only time in my life that I've had no trouble finding jeans I like was the period when I was only interested in tough ones, when I was in my middle teens and working the crops as holiday work. Now that i want ones that look good, they don't. Maybe I should go bak to apple picking.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:04 pm

i would never go for light washes & tried jeans west & target. I just couldn't find a nice fit - maybe cos of the way i was feeling on the day.
i wish Lee would make dark indigo boot cut Rider jeans again instead of skinny/high waisted Rider jeans. The old style boot cut Rider jeans looked great! I loved those jeans - wore them 2 death.
Strawberry

Postby matchbox » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:24 pm

i used to, but now i love jeans shopping :D walked into jeanswest, tried on 4 pairs, bought 2 :D then in guess in melbourne - tried on 2 and bought them both :mrgreen: i love jeans shopping now :mrgreen: i used to hate it though cos i could never find anything
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Diminishing » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:37 pm

I have been getting mine on the internet..........I am not sure if I am allowed to post the link, but here goes:

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/

They are GORGEOUS..........
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:54 am

thanks for the link - looks good!
Strawberry

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:44 pm

I've been buying jeans on eBay. BIG MISTAKE! The measurements never seem to be right and very few of them fit properly. I think I'll stick to Target from now on!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:37 pm

i once brought a pair of jeans from ebay - about 4 years ago never again. Everything i've brought has either been too big or too small.
Strawberry

Postby Cac33 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:21 pm

Diminishing wrote:I have been getting mine on the internet..........I am not sure if I am allowed to post the link, but here goes:

http://www.makeyourownjeans.com/

They are GORGEOUS..........

Oh that is a great idea but so many choices!!! I usually just buy what fits & didn't have the choice to go by what looks good so this would have been great. Now I'm just making do with what I have until I get to smaller sizes then enjoy being able to buy jeans from a jeans shop!!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:24 am

do u know what else i can't stand about jeans: the uncomfortable tightness after a wash & iron. :twisted:
Strawberry

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:38 pm

Designer jeans in a sexy style are gonna be my treat when I get to goal - call me a tosser but I have always lusted after the really high end jeans - I'm budgetting $350 (shhhh don't tell hubby), and they will be my "stay at goal" motivators - to slip them on with heels and a sexy top or just thongs and a tee and now they will hug my new, fab figure just right is my dream!
Lush Gal

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:10 pm

Lush Gal wrote:Designer jeans in a sexy style are gonna be my treat when I get to goal - call me a tosser but I have always lusted after the really high end jeans - I'm budgetting $350 (shhhh don't tell hubby), and they will be my "stay at goal" motivators - to slip them on with heels and a sexy top or just thongs and a tee and now they will hug my new, fab figure just right is my dream!

what a great motivator!
i have a friend like you, she spends so much on designer jeans. to tell you the truth they don't stand out anymore than the ones you buy from DJ's & myers
Strawberry

Postby Cac33 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:21 pm

Strawberry wrote:do u know what else i can't stand about jeans: the uncomfortable tightness after a wash & iron. :twisted:

Although it's great when you're loosing weight! Makes jeans slimmer again for that first wear. Might try putting mine in the dryer & see if I can really shrink them!
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk