It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:06 am

Free Newsletter

Back on track, summer here I come !!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Back on track, summer here I come !!

Postby sunshine » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:18 pm

So I am back on track after an awful two months of no gym, no walking, bad eating all because of sickness, tonsillitis, possible glandular fever. All is clear now, and I am so excited to be back here. Two months ago I was a fit 63 kilos (got down from 70 kilos), I am back at a starting weight of ... 67.2, I am trying not to get upset about the wasted two months but am looking forward to getting my new improved gym program, on Friday and my walking which I have been doing. I just remember how great I felt when I was fit and healthy, and am determined to get there again.

So no more drinking during the week, I will enjoy my wine on weekends, and know that it is a lifestyle change, so I need to have a litle treat on the weekends to feel good about myself! I won't binge later! Hope everyone is well!
sunshine

Re: Back on track, summer here I come !!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:21 pm

Good on you Sunshine! I too should give up wine during the week, but it's just so hard! And if I don't have a glass of wine in the evening I tend to crave sweet foods. Any tips for a drunken lush like me?
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sunshine » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:29 pm

From one drunken lush to another, I have no answers lol. I just know for me I was drinking so much that I wasn't even looking forward to it, it was becoming a habit, so I think that I will have a few drinks Sunday night when I watch my tv shows, and even now I am looking forward to it. I look at it like a tradeoff, if I can be good during the week, I deserve my wine on Sunday nights with no guilt! Best wishes to you!
sunshine

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:37 pm

Ta! I think I've made a major lifestyle change by only having two (maximum three) small glasses in an evening. I used to have no troubles in drinking the whole bottle! The problem is that as my quantities reduce my frequency increases! I guess my best bet right now is to make sure I have at least three alcohol free days per week, lock them in, then make allowances for the calories the other nights that I am drinking.

Good luck with your plan, Sunshine. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby sunshine » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:07 pm

Yes I read alot about having alcohol free nights and that it is a good thing, I am trying for the same as you. Alcohol free nights during the week for me, and then we actually enjoy our wine more when there is no guilt, which I had. I was just forming a habit, and not really looking forward to it. Sounds like we are both on the right track. Best wishes!
sunshine

Postby Strawberry » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:40 pm

that's great your back on track. At least you didnt' gain back all the weight you lost!
are you going 2 approach weight loss the same as before?
Strawberry

Postby PenM » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:57 pm

yeah summer is always every dieters' goal. Congratz.
PenM

Postby Athena » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:20 am

Great to hear that you back on track. How are you going now?
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby sunshine » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi all, thanks for your replies. I am actually finding it difficult to get back to the mindset I had several months ago when I lost all my weight and I was "right into it" I went to the gym today and started my new programme which is an intense weights then cardio programme, keeping my heart rate up during the workout, but still had takeaway for lunch before that. I remember before I was so determined and focused and am really trying to get back to that, but can't remember how I got there before.

Anyway, I am back to the gym again early in the morning and am really trying to stay focused. I did lose alot of weight and toned up by doing my walking and my gym and eating right, so with this new improved gym programme I should get back on track soon. Best wishes everyone!
sunshine

Return to Weight loss Talk