It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:19 am

Free Newsletter

Afternoon and night time snacking

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Afternoon and night time snacking

Postby jacka » Mon May 08, 2006 2:43 pm

I am wondering if anyone has some advice for late afternoon snacks that will fill me up and help me not eat crazily all night.
I've tried the fruit and cut up veggies but they just don't work most of these times. Any suggestions would be great thanks.
jacka

Postby Groovychic » Mon May 08, 2006 2:45 pm

Hi Jacka........you might need something sweet along with the bulky vegies etc. Try having the vegies then suck on a boiled lollie. Get those diabetic ones. I have them every now and then when craving some ice cream after tea. Tho I do give in to the ice cream a lot as well!!! Like last night! :oops:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby jacka » Mon May 08, 2006 2:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. I find that I need something that will fill me up otherwise I am like a bottom less pit eating everything in sight including icecream too.
jacka

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon May 08, 2006 6:37 pm

Perhaps try the mountain bread chips - get a piece of mountain bread (really flat wrap type bread, available from most supermarkets) spray with a little oil spray or water, sprinkle with seasoning and bake in oven until crisp.

In the arvo's I have some dried fruit and cashew nuts as my snack, usually fills me up ok.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby jacka » Mon May 08, 2006 7:52 pm

The mountain bread sounds like a great idea. My son just came home with a low GI, high protein snack bar from Boost Juice called Slim Secrets. He bought the Afternoon snack attack bar (choc nut caramel) for me to try and said they also have other flavours like berries with white chocolate (YUM).Anyway I had the bar at 5.00pm and it filled me up so I only had a small dinner and I haven't felt like bingeing on rubbish yet tonight. I will fill you in tomorrow and see if it can last for the night. I went and had a look at the Slim Secrets website http://www.slimsecrets.com.au and it is funky and has some awesome information on it.
jacka

Postby jacka » Tue May 09, 2006 11:21 am

Just wanted to let you know how delicious the Afternoon snack attack bar was and how it kept me full so that I only felt like a small dinner and didn't feel like bingeing after. My son is into these bars and said the protein keeps you fuller. He also is going to buy me the other flavours to try. I love the sound of the night time bar which has real berries and white chocolate and is even low calorie etc.
jacka

Postby Hayley » Tue May 09, 2006 11:43 am

Yummo, those bars sound delicious. It's great thaty you've found something that seems relatively healthy and fills you up too!

I might have to have a look at them (for when I'm off the TF diet of course :) )
Hayley

Postby jacka » Mon May 15, 2006 12:07 pm

I just wanted to let you know that I tried the other 2 varieties of the Slim SEcrets bars and they are amazing for a low fat protein bar. The berries with low carb white choc (night time Binge-Buster) is my favorite but even the cafe latte one tastes great.
I am also loving the salad packs in the supermarkets (Betty Crockett). They are so easy and convenient.
jacka

Postby jacka » Thu May 18, 2006 7:46 pm

I am sorry to go on about the new bars I have discovered but since I have been eating them as a snack in the afternoon and sometimes after dinner I have found it so easy to lose weight as I am not constantly hungry and I am not having cravings as they are like a treat. I also received my first Slim Secrets newsletter and entered into such a simple competition to win 1 of 2 ipods. So if anyone wants to win one I think they have some info on their website about it. The other thing I have found help me at night instead of snacking is doing things like this on my computer...I get so distracted!
jacka

Postby Groovychic » Fri May 19, 2006 10:37 am

Well done Jacka. It's great that these things are working for you!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Return to Weight loss Talk