It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:41 pm

Free Newsletter

how often do you have take away and what do you have

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

how often do you have take away and what do you have

Postby sunshine » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Just wondering how often you guys have takeaway and what do you have? BTW we are having pizza tonight!!
sunshine

Re: how often do you have take away and what do you have

Postby SammyTurtle » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:19 pm

I'm lucky if i have it once a month if not less. Our nearest takeaway outlet is over an hours drive away and noone will deliver pizza's out here :mrgreen: and i won't touch frozen pizza's or anything like that. I'm quite lucky really, if i lived in town i would possibly have it once a week, be it fish and chips, pizza or macca's, not partial to any thing else, so i thank my hubby for moving us all the way out here 6 years ago lol.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJXoZ59/]

SammyTurtle

Postby sassi » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:28 pm

probably once a week. since i started my new job, we often have take away on a friday night. usually it's either pizza, fish & chips, thai or indian. i try to make sure whatever we have that it fits into my daily calories - and if it does go over i aim to exercise it back into deficit.

i've cut out other take away as much as possible - i try and eat something before we go to the footy so i don't buy take away when we're there. every so often i'll have something if we're at a shopping centre - maybe a chicken wrap from salsas and sometimes oporto - but that's more of an exception than a rule (maybe once every 4-6 weeks).

my biggest danger is kfc or red rooster when i'm hung over!

i spoke to my pt about it & he said if you're going to have it, don't have it often but when you do, enjoy it. he reckons there's no point eating it & then beating yourself up about it! :lol:
sassi

Postby Littlegirl » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:04 pm

Hey,

I eat take away about once a week, its usually 1/4 chicken and chips from henny penny (minus the skin), and or going to the local bowling club for a steak dinner (minus any sauces). If im really naughty i'll add a little bit of choccie in there too. :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Postby Strawberry » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:10 pm

Maybe once every quarter & that's pizza.
my downfall is chocolate & biscuits & cakes.
Strawberry

Postby ~Paste~ » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:13 pm

We usually get it once a week, but since Ive started thinking 'healthy' Ive always chosen the healthiest thing i could.

We usually get Pizza, Chinese or McDonalds.
[/url]

Goal Weight by 25/6/2008: 100
Goal Weight by 11/6/2009: 85
Goal Weight by 25/12/2009: 70
~Paste~

Postby Shalimar » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:16 pm

Usually once a month (no more than that) and we have a curry from our local Indian or sometimes we go out for a meal.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby matchbox » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:46 pm

kebabs are my naughty food :lol: one every week or 2. i hardly ever eat maccas/hj's etc
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Jisgone » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:36 am

it depends what u consider take away! i buy my lunch at work most days, sometimes i have a kebab, sometimes a grilled chicken burger without mayo from hj's it all depends
but whatever i do have it always fits in my calories for the day so i never feel guilty about anything i eat, i also eat less calories during the week and leave more for weekends so i can feel like im splurging a little
Jisgone

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:21 am

I very rarely have takeaways. Plus being a vegetarian, there aren't a lot of choices, so i prefer to cook for myself. When i do have takeaway, its only ever VEGETARIAN SUSHI!!!!! I absolutely love it!!!! I could live on avo Maki and veg fashion sandwiches and veg hand rolls!!!!!! I associate sushi with guilt-free eating. It doesnt have much fat and if you have the low salt soy sauce then all the better for the calories. No wonder asian women stay so slim!!!!!

Interestingly enough, i'm moving from Johanesburg, South Africa to Japan next week Saturday! I'll be there for 2 yrs. I'm taking a gap year after finishing at uni in Cape Town. Hopefully I'll....sorry, correction...I WILL DEFINITELY lose this weight while i'm there. I'm gonna stick to healthy, non-greasy Japanese cuisine!!! Sushi!!! Sushi!!! Sushi!!!!!

Kat ;-) ;-) ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 am

Hurricane Katrina wrote:, i'm moving from Johanesburg, South Africa to Japan next week Saturday! I'll be there for 2 yrs.

Have a great time living in Japan Kat.
i've been there on holidays - such an excellent time!
Strawberry

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:22 pm

Confession time ... :oops:

The last two years I went from 57kg to almost 80kg ....

Eating out / take-away up to 5 times per week for dinner and most days for lunch (sandwhich shop etc) ....

No matter how healthy it *seems* you aren't controlling the portion or the hidden fat / cals (figured out why my lean beef home made burgers never taste like the fish n chip shop as I watched him basted my grilling patty in fat from the chip fryer!!).

It hurt my budget and my weight. Stick to once a week!
Lush Gal

Postby Athena » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:53 pm

Our nearest takeaway outlet is over an hours drive away and noone will deliver pizza's out here

I've got a bit of that to. Only thing is, the guy who runs the general store in my town must have realised that there was a gap in the local market for takeaway and added a chip shot to his store. If we want takeaway, there is one option, which I take about once a month (now that I'm eating well that is. Before it was about once a week, maybe twice.)

Trever's chip counter has a lot to answer for.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Strawberry wrote:Have a great time living in Japan Kat.
i've been there on holidays - such an excellent time!

Thanks Strawberry ;-) ;-) ;-)

kat

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby chubby mummy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:14 pm

I used to have the same problem.... working, renovating and being pregnant I tended to have what I called 'a night off' almost 5 times a week. :?
Anything from kfc, hj's, maccas to fish and chips and chinese. Anything that was easy.... a lazy husband didn't help. In any case at the end of my preganancy i put on 20 kgs apposed to the average 10kgs. :oops:

Now I try to have take away only once a week and it is generally a healthier option like pasta or a wood fired pizza from the local italian restaurant. It works out about the same in cost and I feel less guilty afterwards and it's more enjoyable because you don't feel so bad afterwards eg bloated. :shock:
Chubby Mummy

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wrcQcZv/]
[/url]
chubby mummy

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk