It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

how often do you have take away and what do you have

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: how often do you have take away and what do you have

Postby loveat116 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:25 pm

I have take-aways quite a lot, but never 'fast food' like Maccas, KFC etc.

I eat Nandos quite a bit, I always have either a classic chicken burger, or a supremo wrap. They are flame grilled, have 30g of protein or more, and are around 1800kj each. I never touch the chips or sides though!

I don't mind subway, but I would prefer to just go to a bakery and get a salad roll. Yummier, cheaper and more filling.

About once a fortnight I get sushi! yummo...

You can't really classify fast food as 'bad' either, everything in moderation is OK for you. Plus, you can even get healthy options at Maccas. 6 nuggets and a chicken salad comes under 2000kj, grab a water and an apple and thats a pretty good meal.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:46 pm

I rarely get take-away. I simply can't afford it! We probably get it once every couple of months. If we're getting Asian food I'll get stir fry tofu and vegetables with rice. If I'm really letting myself have a treat I'll get vegetarian spring rolls too. If we're getting pizza I get vegetarian with no cheese. Occasionally I'll have Subway for lunch and have either a veggie delite or a veggie pattie on wholemeal bread.

It's pretty limiting trying to get vegan safe take-away food, but at least it forces me to make relatively healthy choices! (As long as I avoid anything with coconut milk in it.)

Damn. Now I feel like take-away! :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Diminishing » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:22 pm

Since having kids we have totally knocked out takeaway....from a health and a cost perspective.

However, we do still utilise the "hot chicken shop" for a "hoot chook dinner" occasionally for a treat..........but no chips, just the chook.....
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby Tarz » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:37 am

I don't have it too often. I avoid shopping on Thursday nights because it means food court for dinner. I avoid leaving the house hungry cos i don't want to do the trip to KFC etc but if i am really hungry i will go to subway.
Unfortunately we have pizza probably once a month at work :x and i don't get dominos at home anymore - any time sam wants it i drop him off there and go to Coles to get my dinner then pick him up again.
I think thats it, i don't go to chinese places, if we go to a curry shop we just get rice and naan and cook our own meat.
Tarz

Postby Tarz » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:38 am

Just thought i would mention this, this morning on Sunrise they had some lady talking about how to lengthen and shorten your life, apparently having takeaway weekly can shorten your life expectancy by about 4 years!!!!! I think that is worse then the weight you can gain from it!
Tarz

Postby GumBoots » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:09 am

Once a week :D. I would feel deprived if I didnt have a treat every now and again.
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby sunshine » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Thanks for your replies everyone :D
sunshine

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:18 pm

sunshine wrote:Thanks for your replies everyone :D

what about yourself?
Strawberry

Postby jessica86 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:33 pm

being a vegan, its hard to find takeaway without meat, dairy or eggs, so its pretty easy to avoid for me! if i have to choose, ill have a subway salad.

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby sunshine » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:56 pm

Opps I had for some reason thought I had replied to this already :mrgreen: Sorry! We probably have takeaway once a week for dinner and it is usually pizza, although now I am back into my weightloss/fitness, we might change that. Maybe make some pizzas at home with the kids, which they would love to do! I have the occasional Red Rooster, like today when we were in town shopping, then I went to the gym, and sweared that today is the last time I would eat this fat soaked rubbish!!!

There is a great, popular noodle bar in town that I have been wanting to try, but I am not sure how healthy this would be, but people say it is great, lots of meat and veg and noodles and they cook it fresh, so I might try that one day. I am trying to save money so it seems the right thing to do just to have lunch at home! Best wishes to everyone!
sunshine

Postby sunshine » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:58 pm

BTW I meant to mention that when we get Red Rooster for us - a family of 2 adults, 3 kids, it costs around 40 dollars, WTF we can go to the Yacht Club and have a great meal for that price, but then again not very relaxing with 3 kids under 7! Another incentive to save money by staying away from takeaway!!!
sunshine

Postby Strawberry » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:49 pm

i think take away for 1 is too expensive. I could cook a meal for a family of 4 with the cost of take away meal.
the cost of it alone is enough 2 put me off lol. Now if it worked 4 chocolate lol, lucky i haven't been craving it.
Strawberry

Postby rubyredhen » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:55 am

We have take aways every one or two weeks with children I perfer them to have take aways with us as a family than at school. We do have subway when time is limted and life gets busy. Its trying to find that balance of exercise and food intake isn't it. Well done with your weight loss! Supa dupa! :D
rubyredhen

Postby MissMinx » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:49 am

Ive been on my diet for about 5-6 weeks now so no takeaway at all :cry:

Prior to that I'd say 1 day per week. If we didnt go out on a Saturday night we'd order in a pasta and beer battered fish n chips from our fav place and share everything! Or like we'd have Red Rooster, KFC, souvlaki hut, or risotto from an italian place.

Ok, lets change the topic now...quick! ;)
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby mum2james » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:36 pm

A couple of times a fortnight.

If I order takeaway (usually when boyfriend does who is tall and slim, grr! :wink: ) then I go for something "healthy"...

If we are ordering pizza I get a thin and crispy vegetarian with no cheese and spread it over a few days with salad. If we have chinese I get sushi or if I have lots of points left fried rice ( :oops: )

I love subway. I always get a ham roll with no cheese and bbq dressing.

I never have fish and chips or deep fried food. Before I joined WW I used to have potato cakes at least 4 times a week. Since joining I haven't touched a single one.

I also love getting dumplings, steamed ones...mmm... :lol:

I've given in a few times and a hungry jacks burger or KFC twister and felt sick afterwards.

I must say I do love mcdonalds sundaes (strawberry) and chocolate thickshakes (low in ww points). :)
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk