It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:16 am

Free Newsletter

Why are you dieting?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Why are you dieting?

Postby mal_m » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:30 pm

There are a couple of reasons for me, the first is to just change my lifestyle around, I was really unhealthy, and my mother has diabetes and I lost my dad to cancer, so I thought it was time to finally look after myself. And secondly, and probably a little bit more selfish, is my marriage broke up about 9 months ago and I just want to start feeling and hopefully looking better and get my confidence back.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1hso6G/]
[/url]
mal_m

Postby carinna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:07 pm

My family has a history of diabetes. Anything to lower my risk. And even if I do get it, by starting this early, I can live a lifestyle that will allow me to maximize my life.

PLus I want to be the head turner I was in HS...I'm vain so sue me. :mrgreen:
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby Moomoo » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:36 am

No space for the 101 reasons for me loosing weight! so the top 2 for me:
For the everlasting photo's in my wedding album!
and because I want to loose the fat before my age gets to the point where my skin won't shrink back! :shock:
Moomoo

Postby Strawberry » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:47 pm

mal_m wrote:There are a couple of reasons for me, the first is to just change my lifestyle around, I was really unhealthy, and my mother has diabetes and I lost my dad to cancer, so I thought it was time to finally look after myself. And secondly, and probably a little bit more selfish, is my marriage broke up about 9 months ago and I just want to start feeling and hopefully looking better and get my confidence back.

Mel i don't think your 2nd reason is selfish at all. I'm a big believer in: looking & feeling happy with outer shell will help with inner confidence.
Strawberry

Postby Athena » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:40 pm

We don't need 'nobel' reasons to lose weight. There our bodies, we need to be responsable for keeping them in condition
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby echo13 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:07 pm

I want to feel confident and fit all my lovely old clothes (maybe even sneak in a few new ones to celebrate!)
Also I just want to be healthy and respect my body - we only get one so might as well look after it...
SW: 83.2kgs
CW: 76.2kgs
GW: 60kgs
echo13

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk