It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:46 am

Free Newsletter

Pro Fitness Training

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Pro Fitness Training

Postby Athena » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:14 am

but i guess the only prob with online programs and trainers is u cant see them face to face, its easier to well lie about how ur doing- u really need to want to do it if your gonna try going through any online person

That's what I thought...

My old neighbour was a personal trainer, he would take people running around the area and shout at them as they ran. It's made me a little scared of personal trainers in general. They can probebly be really great, as long as you don't get an agro one.

(I tried the running track that he uses, but there were to many cows that stared at me. I have a problem with cows)
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby Purifixio » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:28 pm

Feblixert wrote:Hehehehe, you're lucky you won't get to suffer the same degree of agony as me. Yeah, I trained at Fitness Crew here in Australia (just Google their new website).

Hmmm, that company sounds familiar. Yeah, I think I've come across that name before, but I'm not sure exactly where. Yeah, I think I'll google that and find out more. Hey, they're not too pricey are they?
Purifixio

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:17 pm

jilliansmyhero wrote:hey, well ive been thru 2 kinda, 1 lady i brought a program which was already written out that anyone who went on her website could buy and a link gets sent to your email addy and u click to get a ebook with 12wks of exercising. the 2nd was a online personal trainer who every 4wks redesigned the program she designed just for me, but i guess the only prob with online programs and trainers is u cant see them face to face, its easier to well lie about how ur doing- u really need to want to do it if your gonna try going through any online person- goodluck everyone.

that's it - its not going 2 bother them if u don't turn up for a session & if ur not motivated 2 do it cos you've already paid them for it. with online u have 2 b ur own cheerleader
Strawberry

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Athena wrote:.

(I tried the running track that he uses, but there were to many cows that stared at me. I have a problem with cows)

do u mean moo cow's or the other cows lol?
Strawberry

Postby Feblixert » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:39 pm

"Hmmm, that company sounds familiar. Yeah, I think I've come across that name before, but I'm not sure exactly where. Yeah, I think I'll google that and find out more. Hey, they're not too pricey are they?"

Pricey? No, I don't think so. Competitive rates, I guess. My program was the Fit20 and it cost me 35 dollars back then. Anyway, call their offices to know about their current rates.
Feblixert

Postby Feblixert » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:43 pm

Strawberry wrote:that's it - its not going 2 bother them if u don't turn up for a session & if ur not motivated 2 do it cos you've already paid them for it. with online u have 2 b ur own cheerleader

Not to diss these kinds of programs, but I think Strawberry is right. Wouldn't have been effective if you haven't paid them, hehehe.
Feblixert

Postby Jisgone » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:53 pm

i see a pt 3 days a week and i LOVE it
i do mine through new you coach, who i think are only in perth
they have a gym setup and u need an appt to go so theres only ever 6 people in the gym at once
i love that she works me so much harder than i work myself, and because its done by appointments i write it in my diary and its something i dont miss, where as a normal gym ide get lazy and had no one to keep me accountable
i get mine free through work but its normally $40 a session and they recomment two or three sessions a week
u can also book in just to do cardio which is free :)
its definately a worthwhile investment if u can afford it, or to make it cheaper u can bring a friend to a session and its $10 extra, so for $25 each u get to share a pt for an hour
Jisgone

Postby jessica86 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 am

i tried an online trainer, which in my opinion was a complete waste of money.

i now see a personal trainer twice a week at my gym and i LOVE it.

pricing, you buy your sessions in packs. i have purchased a 30 session pack, and the more you buy the cheaper it gets. i pay $30 for a half hour session, so about $60 a week on top of my normal gym fees.

i love my trainer, Steph. working with a trainer makes me push myself so much harder then i could on my own. i am lifting weights to the point of exhaustion which i couldnt do on my own. every time i finish a session i go home feeling amazing and very proud of what id done. i find i progress alot faster with a trainer as well, and she has introduced me to exercises i would have never thought of doing which have shown some great results.

another good thing is the motivation. if i dont go to a booked session it still costs me, so i book up to a month's worth of sessions (i have a monthly roster at work) and keep my training sessions like appointments i HAVE to attend. its great motivation.

i highly recommend seeing a trainer, even if you just do maybe 3 sessions they will show you how to use the equipment properly and what muscles you are working. it is very expensive, but to me, getting healthy & fit & losing weight so i dont die young of preventable diseases is worth the money.

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby Purifixio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:48 pm

[url]Pricey? No, I don't think so. Competitive rates, I guess. My program was the Fit20 and it cost me 35 dollars back then. Anyway, call their offices to know about their current rates.[/url]

Hmmm, 35 dollars, eh? Well, that sounds just about okay to me. I'll take note of it while I'm still canvassing for others.
Purifixio

Postby Purifixio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:49 pm

Pricey? No, I don't think so. Competitive rates, I guess. My program was the Fit20 and it cost me 35 dollars back then. Anyway, call their offices to know about their current rates.

Hmmm, 35 dollars, eh? Well, that sounds just about okay to me. I'll take note of it while I'm still canvassing for others.
Purifixio

Postby Purifixio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:52 pm

Jewles wrote:u can also book in just to do cardio which is free :)

Hey, this is great.

its definately a worthwhile investment if u can afford it, or to make it cheaper u can bring a friend to a session and its $10 extra, so for $25 each u get to share a pt for an hour

Wow! That some deal to consider right there. Always better to train with a friend, you know.
Purifixio

Postby Purifixio » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:56 pm

jessica86 wrote:i tried an online trainer, which in my opinion was a complete waste of money.

Hey, thanks for sharing your experience with those types.

pricing, you buy your sessions in packs. i have purchased a 30 session pack, and the more you buy the cheaper it gets. i pay $30 for a half hour session, so about $60 a week on top of my normal gym fees.

Oh, there are gym fees still? Why aren't they, um, included in the packs you buy or is that just a standard practice among these type of trainers?
Purifixio

Postby jessica86 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:12 pm

i go to Fernwood, so i pay a standard gym fee fortnightly, which is about $40 and that includes all equipment & classes and a free personal training & slimplicity session, then you add stuff on like their diet plan & personal training on top of the standard fee. you buy your personal training in packs, so if you cant make a session one week, you still get to re-book that session another day at no extra cost. or you can purchase a platinum type membership where you pay for it all for the duration of your contract. i like buying my sessions in packs, it works out cheaper and they often have specials, and you can choose how to pay it off, like over so many weeks. my last 30 sessions i purchased im getting for 25% off because they had a special on that day. thats what my gym does anyway.

as for the online trainer, i felt bad because i always lied about doing exercise & the plans she sent me, there wasnt much motivation. i prefer face 2 face

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby Feblixert » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Purifixio wrote:Wow! That some deal to consider right there. Always better to train with a friend, you know.

Well, speaking of friends, Fitness Crew does it for free. You bring one partner to train with you for free.
Feblixert

Postby Purifixio » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:04 pm

Really, Feblixert? Wow! That's super, just super! You can save a lot right there! Heck, all I do now is find someone and split the cost of, say, that program you took down the middle, hehehe.
Purifixio

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk