It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 9:36 am

Free Newsletter

Have i destroyed all my hard work :(

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Have i destroyed all my hard work :(

Postby emhem36 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:10 pm

Yesterday I was a PIG!!!!

went to two movies in a row and ate out the snack bar.....

really bad!!!!

My weigh in is today and its not going to be good!!!!

have i destroyed my 7 weeks off hard work :x

Re: Have i destroyed all my hard work :(

Postby Littlegirl » Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:30 pm

We all have our off days, i personally have a wild card day once a week where i will have takeaway or a piece of cake etc. One day of pigging out in 7 weeks i dont think will do alot of harm. Just concentrate the following week back to your healthy eating and/or exercise.

Postby Shalimar » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:23 pm

No you haven't destroyed all your hard work, just carry on as you have been for the last weeks and all will be forgiven :wink: :) .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Postby Strawberry » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:55 pm

i don't think so! U just have to continue as if nothing happened.

Postby chubby mummy » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:35 pm

Falling off the wagon every now and then is expected, the main thing is to get back on!

Don't get down just move on and don't waste those seven weeks, keep on pluggin on! You can do it!
Chubby Mummy

chubby mummy

Postby Hurricane Katrina » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:19 pm

Breath.....count to 10....woosaaaaahhhhhh....

Don't worry abt it Em, we all fall off the wagon every now and then. As everyone else has said, One day of pigging out in 7 weeks wont erode all your hard work. Just get back on the horse and keep riding. And when u fall off, just make sure you get back on quickly.

kat ;-) ;-) ;-)

Starting weight: 70kg
1st mini-goal: 66kg (2009-06-08)
2nd mini-goal: 62kg
3rd mini-goal: 58kg
Goal weight: 54kg
Hurricane Katrina

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:32 pm

No, you haven't undone seven weeks of good work. You just had one bad day. Let's look at this objectively:

There are 49 days in those seven weeks.

You had ONE bad day.

If you break that down that means a TWO PERCENT stuff up rate!

I WISH I only slipped up two percent of the time! I'd probably be at goal by now if that were the case! :lol:

The best thing you can do is look at this as a blessing and not a failure. Did you slip up? Perhaps. But you're still committed to a healthy lifestyle so it's better to slip up now than when you've got to goal and you don't care so much. Because then the binges start adding up without your noticing and before you know it you've regained your weight again.

Use this incident to help your weight loss journey! Getting to goal and keeping there isn't just a matter of food and exercise, we also have to learn more about ourselves and why we gained weight in the first place. Why did you run amok in the snack bar? Was it out of habit? Was it a reaction to feeling deprived for so long? Once you figure out why you did it work out a solution that will prevent the problem from reoccurring. If it was out of habit is there any way you can break that habit? You could force yourself to go to a couple of movies on your own (no peer pressure) and not have any snacks at all. A movie is only 90 minutes long. It's not like you need rations lest you starve to death before the credits roll! If you were feeling deprived can you work in little treats along the way? And if it's just the fact you like eating during a movie can you substitute unhealthy snacks with healthy ones?

Good luck! I'm sure the scales aren't going to be as mean to you as you fear!

Postby sunshine » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:19 pm

No no you haven't undone any of your good work. Just start afresh tommorrow and know that sometimes we just need to chill and relax! I am the same, I love going to movies and absolutely have to to get some hot chips etc to smuggle in, with a coke zero, and I know it is bad for me but I just love it! It is a lifestyle change and sometimes we just need to do something for ourselves to unwind etc, but you seem very determined so just get back to it and you will be fine. Best wishes!

Return to Weight loss Talk