It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:45 am

Free Newsletter

weight watchers v Calarie King

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

weight watchers v Calarie King

Postby holly80 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:31 pm

So Because Tony didnt work out for me and I have to wait a few weeks to see the dietition, I was wondering what your thoughts are on weight watchers online. I would love to go to meeting but I dont have the confidence to go alone. So I was thinking about joining online instead. I was doing CK for a while, and it seemed to be working ok I think. And its free, but I was thinking ww is a healthier option.. What are your thought....... Would you do ww online or ck?

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Re: weight watchers v Calarie King

Postby ali76 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:11 pm

Hhmm....I don't really know Holly. I've never tried WW but CK worked really well for me.

I think if I did WW I'd go to the meetings rather than online, just to keep myself a little more accountable?

Sorry I'm not much help! Let us know what you decide.

Good luck :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby yellowroses » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:42 pm

calorieking is a really good start if you just want to figure out your calorie intake and figure out what is high and low in calories.

If you're wanting group support stay on here - it's all free :)

If you're finding things difficult by yourself, go to ww meetings rather than online.
Goal for 2010: Be at most 99.9kg by 31st December 2010
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePqDKj/

Final Goal: 68kgs.
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcytIxC/

I'm taking back my life.
Check out my vlog: http://www.youtube.com/yellowroses89
yellowroses

Postby curvygirl » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:16 am

If you do WW go to the meeting. I have done it both ways and it was easier and I did better by going to the meetings.
The support that you get from this forum is equal to or better than what you would get from WW. Try the CK program for a couple of weeks and see how you go. Bascially there is not much difference. CK tells you how many kjs and fat you can eat in a day and WW program is based on all foods having a point value which is also worked out on kjs and fat content. Use the money you would spend on WW on a gym membership and stay around here for support and ideas.
Good luck
Wendy
Need to get motivated.

Mini Goal - 10 Kilos lost 14th May Acheived 2nd May, Yahoo
1st goal - 100kg 5th July
2nd goal - 90kg 4th October
3rd goal - 85kg 15th November
4th goal - 80kg 20th December
5th goal - 70kg 3rd June 2011
curvygirl

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:42 am

I have tried them both and honestly the system is almost identical, whether its tracking points or tracking calories. Also CK has a better database of foods I have found and the tracker is more user friendly. However the WW meetings are a great way to get ideas, support etc.

But as a few people have said the support here is great also. I wouldn't recommend the CK forums, they can get a bit censored at times I have noticed.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby holly80 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:48 pm

Thanks for your input guys, I have decided to go with CK for now as it does seem very similar and it doesnt cost me anything.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby ali76 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:37 pm

Good luck Holly! If you need any help, just yell out as there are lots of us on the forum who use CK.

Let us know how you go!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby milkyway » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Good luck, Holly. If CK doesn't work out, you can always lean on us some more or try WW :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby jessica86 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:56 pm

the first time i lost weight, i lost 25kg with weight watchers. it was what worked for me at that stage of my life. now that i work full time instead of studying and being a shift worker i dont have time for WW. go for what suits your lifestyle the best.

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby mum2james » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:42 pm

I like both.

Last year I got down to 81kg on calorie king. It was fantastic and so easy to use (until silly me just suddenly gave up).

Now i'm doing weightwatchers and I go to the meetings. The meetings are fantastic. Don't be too shy to go, in my experience everyone is friendly and your all there for the same reason. :)
I've lost 16.1kg on weightwatchers and couldn't be happier.

I know alot of people who use calorie king and are having fantastic results as well. :)
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby FatT » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:10 pm

I don't know much about Calorie King so I'd probably do Weight Watchers, because I have done it before and it worked for me (it was only because of an injury I had to stop). WW for me was about making educated life style choices and just also turning my mindset around (probably why I feel so guilty about my eating habits at the moment).
Good luck!
FatT

Postby Zoe! » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:51 pm

I joined Weight Watchers and I found it confusing. I had to calculate all these things and the information they gave me about particular things contradicted other things people had told me.

Plus one of the girls who joined bought lollies from the host and I sit near her at work and all I hear all day (from 9am onwards) is her opening lolly wrappers and eating them because the points in them is really low.

To me, that just seemed like cheating or something. She is eating sweets all day. That is not a good habit to learn.

I joined calorieking ages ago. First time I tried it, I lost weight really quickly. The thing with Calorieking is that it doesn't lie. Sometimes I dread entering in what I ate for the day because if you eat too much, it confronts you and tells you, no excuses!

After I had started Calorieking and had lost a few kgs I joined Sureslim because I thought, ok so I am losing weight but is what I am eating completely balanced? A $1,000 payment later, I was on Sureslim. I lost a bit of weight the first few weeks then I just struggled to stay on the diet. Especially because I am pretty much vegetarian and really struggle to eat meat. Since the diet though, I have turned completely vegetarian. Eating protein every meal just made me feel sick.

So now I am back to the weight I started at before Calorieking. I should never had gone to SureSlim. I am back using Calorieking now and I really think it is the best tool there is out there!! Best thing about it is, it is free!!!! And you get to do it in the comfort of your own home and if you overeat one day you deal with it and feel guilty on your own instead of in front of a bunch of people who had lost weight when you hadn't.
What you do today can improve all your tomorrows
Zoe!

Postby mum2james » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:58 pm

Hi Zoe,
I'm sorry you didn't like weightwatchers.
If your raed through their weekly booklets they actually promote a healthy lifestyle and recconmend you follow the healthy eating guidelines (2 serves fruit, 5 veg, etc). They definately do not promote eating low point lollies all day like your workmate is doing. Sure she might be losing weight but that isn't healthy.
I can see how her opening lolly wrappers would be annoying, it would drive me nuts too! :lol:
I spent a couple of hundred dollars on Tony Ferguson after seeing the ads on TV and now wish I hadn't. What a waste of money. I've heard alot of negative things about sureslim, mostly to do with how much it costs.
Oh and in meetings you never actually know if other people have lost weight unless they tell you. It's a very private thing, they face the scales away from everyone so no one can see what you weigh, you don't even know what you weigh until you get your weekly book (or peak when the recorder is writing it down in the log book like I do :lol: . In my experience everyone is too focus on themselves to worry about how much other people have lost. :lol:
Anyway, best of luck with calorieking. I hope you see the results your after soon. :)
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby yoyogirl88 » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:44 pm

I cant see myself on weight watchers basically I cant see myself paying for something I can do myself and for free. I dont think bad of it or anything its just not something I would do. I do like CK though mainly for the food database so I can see what Ive eaten on particularly bad days. Also I like the weigh in page. Its all set out for me and It even makes a little graph for me and the best thing. ITS FREE!! :).
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby Czarina » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:34 pm

I'm a Calorie King girl and have lost just over 20kg on it this year (and that includes a few months without excercise due to a bad back). It does the same thing as WW, but it's free. It doesn't get much better than that really!
Czarina

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk