It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:56 pm

Free Newsletter

bikini ready by next may!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

bikini ready by next may!

Postby jessica86 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:51 am

so i have an interesting last few weeks.

couldnt go to the gym for a month because i had pnuemonia and was home from work and could barely walk up a few stairs without becoming very short of breath and having coughing fits. after the pnuemonia was cleared my lungs were still screwed and i could hardly breathe, let alone go to the gym. then i was a very busy bee the week before my wedding. had the wedding, then drove to sydney & back for a few days. last few days have been doing spring cleaning and re-organising my life before going back to work tonight.

anyways. we have decided to go to Phuket next year for our honeymoon, probably in may,so that is my target to be at my goal weight.

currently 96kg (weighed myself this morning)
goal- 65kg

so 31kg to lose by next may, which is approx 40 weeks away, so i think that is do-able.

i dont follow any set weight loss programs.

my plan is to eat between 1300-1600cals per day (depending on activity levels) which will be mostly organic fruits & vegies and wholegrain breads, pasta's and cereals (im a vegan) along with the occasional hot chocolate or low fat ice-cream.

exercise, i see a personal trainer twice a week for strength & weights, and want to fit in another 3 or 4 sessions on top of this, so gym 5-6 days a week. im going to get over my fear of group classes and try a bodystep or bodypump once or twice a week.

lets get skinny and ready to strut around the beaches of Phuket in a bikini all day!

<3 jess

Re: bikini ready by next may!

Postby Strawberry » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:53 am

Your goal deadline is doable. Good luck with it, your food and exercise plan sound great!

Postby ali76 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:26 am

30 kilos in 40 weeks is a great target Jess! Make sure you've given your body plenty of time to recover from your illness though - you poor thing!

Congratulations on your wedding - where are the photos?!

I'm supposed to be going to Hawaii in October so I need my bikini body by then!! :shock:

Best of luck!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)

Postby Trace » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:30 am

You surely sound motivated. I can't wait to read up on your progress. I am beggining to see a personal trainer once a week starting in September and joining my gym's 12 week challenge. I think that a personal trainer motivates you to get up and reach your goals as they are constantly monitoring your progress. I wish you all the best of luck in your progress! :)

Postby hippy_shake » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:02 pm

Hey good on you for taking positive steps with your health and weight loss :D

Honeymoons are SUCH a good motivator to loose weight, my aim is to be at my goal weight for my honeymoon too, this november (part of which is in Thailand) I've also found the weight loss forum really helpful to keep me on track and accountable, so I'd advise you to hang around here and pick up some good tips :) Looking forward to reading about your progress!

:) Jane
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08

Postby cherry847 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:35 pm

Hi Jessica,

Congrats on the wedding! Having a goal like your honeymoon is a fantastic aim to have, good luck with it all, you sound so motivated and have a plan, which is the most important thing :D
This week's goal... control portion sizes!

Postby Athena » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:27 pm

Congratulations on getting married! You have a great goal, I hope we can help you get there
It's times like these you learn to live again

Postby sunshine » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 pm

I love your determination and you will get there, I am sure of it! Best wishes to you, thats also my goal, by summer to be bikini hot! well as much as I can after having 3 kids! You have a great plan, I look forward to seeing your progress :D

Return to Weight loss Talk