It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:33 am

Free Newsletter

Why Should I Want It??? (help please!)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Why Should I Want It??? (help please!)

Postby ali76 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:05 pm

I agree totally Sarah! I turned 32 yesterday and it feels like 3 or 4 years ago I was having my 21st...40 will be here before I know it...

I can tell you I won't be a fat 40 year old cos I'm working on my body NOW!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Athena » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:55 pm

If your motivation is low, you could try makeing your weightloss a very long term one. Aim to lose 5 kilos this year, 5 next year.
It's times like these you learn to live again
Athena

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:02 pm

rivenriver wrote:The whole future thing is true... I mean, EVERYONE gets fat when they hit 40. Just because I'm already fat, does that make me immune? I'll probably get fatter, I guess... And what with a family history of heart issues and seriously dodgy knees... I guess if I think about that? But it's so far away!! I can't even know if I'll still be alive when I'm 40!

Chances are you'll still be alive at 40. So it's definitely worth preparing for now!

As to everyone gaining weight when they get to 40, well... yes and no. My mum gained weight between the ages of 40 and 50, but since turning 60 she decided to lose weight. She's been doing the low GI diet for a few years and her current weight is only 2 kilos heavier than she weighed at 30! (And about 10 kilos lighter than me right now - the cow!) She has bad knees and losing the weight has done wonders for them. She gets fewer joint problems and is much more active and healthy than she has been in years.
EvilWombatQueen

Previous

Return to Weight loss Talk