It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

SureSlim Clinics Closed

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

SureSlim Clinics Closed

Postby lucky1 » Thu May 11, 2006 4:04 pm

WARNING!

I decided to join SureSlim to lose some weight about a month ago. In that time 3 of the clinics that were associated have closed down. After further investigations it seems that nearly all the Victorian clinics have closed with some of the NSW and Queensland ones on the way out.

I am in no way against the program itself so please don't take this offensively if you are following there program. I just don't want to see people paying out large sums of money for a program and then not having a clinic to support them.

I hope I can come here for the support I need to keep going.
lucky1

Postby KimE » Thu May 11, 2006 7:29 pm

Hi Lucky and welcome to the forum.

Is SureSlim the ones that work out a diet based on your metabolism? They call them wellness clinics or something like that.

If so they were advertising on that Good Health TV that they have in the docs surgery. Saw the ads a couple of weeks ago when I went to get a blood test done. Grrr took 1 1/2 hrs to see the nurse who takes blood. Seriously how long does it take to jab someone and get a few drops of blood! :roll:
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby lucky1 » Fri May 12, 2006 12:41 pm

Yes Kim you have the right one, i didn't read the deleted post, never mind.
lucky1

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 12, 2006 10:17 pm

Hi Lucky,
welcome to the forum. Too bad about the clinic closing, but you will definitely get lots of support here.
Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fairie » Wed May 17, 2006 12:39 pm

Hi Lucky,

I am on Sure Slim as well and have noticed the same thing, my clinic is still open for now though.

This is the only "diet" I have been on that has really been good for me and that I enjoy. I have to admit though I would be a bit wary of joining something that it is closing so many clinics and starting Party Plans???? Yes thats right I read about Sure Slim advertising for people to go into peoples homes and sign people up.

Don't get me wrong I have sold my Aromatherapy products by Party Plan so I am not against this type of selling but my weight problems are not something I would feel comfortable talking about in front of a group of people. They are supposed to be showing people a healthier lifestyle change and one of the main reasons I signed up was because I had one on one visits with my consultant.

(PS I have sent you an e-mail Lucky.)
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Message from SureSlim about clinic closures

Postby admin » Wed May 24, 2006 3:40 pm

Hi Everyone,

When I read Lucky1's post about SureSlim I was a little concerned so I contacted a friend at SureSlim's head office to see if it was true that some of their clinics in Victoria were closing.

SureSlim were very happy to talk to me about it and wanted an opportunity to clear up any confusion over this matter.

To that end, they provided me with an official response which I've posted below:

In response to the earlier postings about SureSlim clinics closing: SureSlim Australia wishes to advise that there are over 70 clinics all over Australia, and that from time to time, some clinics do close, move locations or change management, and also that new clinics also open up all of the time too.

There have been some recent changes of managment and relocations of clinics in Victoria, however, SureSlim Australia wants to assure all clients that enrolments will still be honoured, and if any clients have any queries or questions about the service in this area they are encouraged to call Petro at SureSlim head office on 02 9979 8699.

Over 40,000 people have changed their lives by losing weight with SureSlim and SureSlim Australia looks forward to helping thousands of more people improve their health and wellbeing. SureSlim recognises that everyone is different and has a range of programs to suit all needs of all types of people. The QuickLoss program helps people lose weight quickly, safely and effectively. The LifeStyle program teaches participants how to make sure the weight lost stays off. Everyone can learn how to improve their health and wellbeing through nutrition, even if they only have a few kilos to lose, by joining the Wellness program. The SureCleanse program is a plan designed using whole fresh foods and natural supplements to boost the bodys natural detox system: in just 3 weeks the whole body is refreshed and rejuvenated.

The SureSlim points of difference include: real fresh food (no pills, shakes or prepackaged meals), individual plans (based on medical analysis of blood, current health, medical history and food allergies or dislikes), and weekly one-on-one consultations to motivate and help through the process of learning and change. As each program is designed individually the needs of children, teenagers, mums-to-be, breastfeeding mothers, sportspeople, businesspeople, shiftworkers, vegetarians and even different dietary religious requirements can be taken into consideration.

Participants in SureSlim programs not only lose weight and feel great, but they learn valuable tools that will serve them for life. Why not read the success stories from SureSlim participants posted on this site.

These success stories can be found at: http://www.weightloss.com.au/directory/sureslim-testimonials.html

Scott. :D
admin
Site Admin

Postby lucky1 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:14 pm

I have been unable to access my computer for the last month and have just had a chance to get back on.

Fairie where did you send the e mail? I haven't recieved it.

I too have heard they are going Party Plan, I personally love this method of sales but not for something so personal as Weightloss. JMHO

I'm not surprised with the response they gave Scott, would they admit there was something wrong? How can a change in management mean that nearly all the Victorian clinics have closed? I'm still enjoying their program as it works for me but with no support from HO. Nor any apologies for the inconvience it has caused me.

I called Consumer Affairs with my case and as they literally have hundreds of complaints on their desk now they are under investigation.

Anyone else experineced any difficulties with them lately? For your sakes I hope not.
lucky1

SURESLIM AUSTRALIA ANNOUNCEMENT

Postby SureSlimAustralia » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:38 am

SURESLIM AUSTRALIA ANNOUNCEMENT

SureSlim recognises and apologises for any inconvenience caused to our South Australian clients by the recent closure of some clinics. This was due to the financial position of the business owners of the individual stores and in no way reflects the viability of our national operation. We are planning to have several of these clinics re-open in the next few weeks and several more in the medium term and look forward to helping our many South Australian clients continue on their weight loss and wellness journey.

We are implementing new strategies now that will leave the SureSlim business well positioned to help change the shape of our nation and improve our clients lives.

Thank you,

Geoff Adams

Managing Director

SureSlim 2006
SureSlimAustralia

Return to Weight loss Talk