It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:55 am

Free Newsletter

hate myself for my lack of willpower

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: hate myself for my lack of willpower

Postby Shalimar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:07 am

Hi Strawberry, thanks, yep the 50+ kgs. I have lost also go a long way to making sure I succeed. Each week I fell better and better about myself :D .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.

Postby Strawberry » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:10 am

sunshine wrote:I can feel so much slapping going on in here, and its strangely comforting :) Thanks everyone, I know now that I am not the only one with this issue. As of today I am not drinking alcohol, starting off with 2 weeks then see what happens. I just keep picturing myself at the beach with the kids, and I don't want to stick out and be obvious that I am uncomfortable being there, because I am not fit. I want to feel good on the inside too. Best wishes everyone.

sunshine cutting out completely may lead to binging? why not just limit consumption to one or 2 glass & eat healthy food not take aways. if u like white wine add tonic water to make it a spritzer & lowers the cal content.

Postby sunshine » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:29 am

Yes I know what you mean. I gave up all alcohol for a month at the beginning of the yr, and really appreciated the cleansing. So that might happen again this time, who knows but I know that I want to not drink for a period of time to get back on track, and then do as you suggested which is a great idea, about making spritzers. Today, Tuesday I am still so tired after having late weekend nights which has basically stuffed up my fitness as I didn't go to the gym this morning, couldn't get out of bed :(

Thanks again.

Postby growler » Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:50 pm

Losing weight is a really simple thing until you introduce the distractions of the world. Since we can't take away those distractions it is really up to u to learn to deal with them.
But the most important thing I believe is that it is really important to maintain a sense of fun wherever possible.
The other trouble is that when we introduce change into our lives, it is strange how our subliminal mind goes to work to tell us why we should not change.
It may be that because you are being so well disciplined during the week, that your subconscious mind is justifying a counter reaction on the weekend.
I have no idea if that might be the case but it is worth thinking about, so if you are not getting any satisfaction from your efforts during the week, maybe you need to mix a few rewards in during the week so that you feel really good about yourself for the weekend.
Keep smiling, keep at it.
Steve :D
Remember persistence pays off, so get over it and get on with it!

Postby Strawberry » Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:26 pm

growler wrote:Losing weight is a really simple

hi steve, i beg to differ. its one of the most difficult things i've faced. i can do everything else i set out to do with ease, when it comes to losing weight it suddenly becomes the hardest thing i've faced!
growler wrote:distractions of the world

got to agree with you here. everyday life does get in the way especially if you use food to deal with life's problems.
growler wrote:it is really up to u to learn to deal with them.

that's a battle to be won 2 win the weight loss wars - learning not to turn to food & old habits.

Postby FlaGal » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:48 am

I know how you feel to. I have no will power either. Its at night that gets to me bad because I want to snack while watching tv.

Postby Rosie Peters » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:40 pm

Hi all

A couple of (hopefully helpful) tips that work for me.

I used to snack while watching TV till I realized I'd created a ritual where I finished dinner, cleaned up the kitchen then moved into the lounge with an armful of tasty treats. This was going on every single day, so I gave up watching TV to break the connection between the time of day, the activity and the mindless grazing (not all TV, but the cosy evening movies that go so well with snacks).

I now play on the computer or read a book or mag at night, but not in the comfy familiar chair where the chocolate and chips used to rest irresistibly beside me. Sometimes I watch a little TV at night, but the association with food is long gone now.

Maybe the weekend as we perceive it needs to be shorter. There's nothing wrong with a "cheat day" for your diet or a rest day from your workout, but when the weekend starts Fri just after lunch (or even Thurs evening after you get paid) and goes right through to Sun evening or Monday morning if you're seedy, that's around half the week undoing the good of the weekdays.

Tomorrow's Saturday and I'm having a croissant and jam for breakfast (just one) and maybe a buffet lunch treat complete with desert. On Sunday I'll be back at the gym and chomping on the homemade muesli.
Rosie Peters

Return to Weight loss Talk