It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:24 am

Free Newsletter

I'm going it alone this time...

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

I'm going it alone this time...

Postby Frangipani7 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:04 pm

Hi everyone,

This is my first post so just wanted to share my story and hopefully get some advice :D

I've been on Lite n Easy for about 4-5 months and it's been great, i've lost about 9kg's so far and I'm stoked with that.
With my wedding coming up in just over 6 months, I've had to reconsider my priorities (mainly money!!) and have decided that now I can take over my weight loss mission and go it alone.

I'm eating healthy (I've got a few recipes off here already :) ) and am going to hire a personal trainer.

I guess I'm just looking for some support as I go this alone and I really want to succeed. I've still got about 10-12kg's I'd like to lose before my wedding in March next yr so yeah, that's about it.

With the advice - how on earth do I stay motivated?? :lol: I know getting married should be enough but I stare at my treadmill every night and give myself a hard time about not using it and it's doing my head in.

Anyway, lovely to speak to you all and hope to do so more in the future.

:D
SW: 80.6kg
CW: 80.6kg
GW: 67kg's

Frangipani7

Re: I'm going it alone this time...

Postby WaddleBottom » Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:54 pm

Hi :D

Congratulations on your success with Lite n Easy! One of the girls at work has been doing that leading up to her wedding and not only has she lost quite a bit of weight and look fantastic, but her lunches always smell SO yummy!!!

I'm sure you'll do just as well off the program though. You've obviously had the will power to avoid the foods you shouldn't eat... and that would have to be a huge part of staying on track :)

As for the exercise issue, maybe you could encourage your husband to be to be a part of the final stretch of your fitness (not just weight loss) journey? Ask him to come along for brisk walks or even jogs with you in the morning or evening (assuming you live with each other or near each other) or to take part in your training sessions with you. I find it SO easy to exercise when I can drag my boy along for a "fun run" with me... and I often find doing something out doors feels like less of a chore than visiting the gym or using indoor equipment.

Best of luck and I think this is a great place for motivation... just seeing other people's amazing accomplishments makes me feel like I can do it too! :D
WaddleBottom

Postby ali76 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:21 pm

Hi Frangipani! Welcome to the forum :P

A few people on here use a site called calorie king (use the Aust one cos you have to pay on the US site). You put in your particulars and it tells you how many calories you should have per day....then you put in your food daily and it calculates the calories for you...it's BRILLIANT!

As for motivation...hhmm....not sure! I think we all have our moments of wanting to go hard and others of wanting to say stuff it! Just picture yourself in your beautiful wedding dress....and the pics you'll look at for the REST OF YOUR LIFE!!!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Cac33 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:33 pm

Hi & welcome to the forum! I also used calorie king & it has helped me loose over 12kgs. Its great for people who are not on a program to be able to count calories & also see how much your exercise burns off the calories.
ali76 wrote:
A few people on here use a site called calorie king (use the Aust one cos you have to pay on the US site). You put in your particulars and it tells you how many calories you should have per day....then you put in your food daily and it calculates the calories for you...it's BRILLIANT!

As for motivation I recommend coming to the forum daily, there is plenty of supportive people here that will help you along your journey.

Good luck with your goals & I look forward to reading your progress :D
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby warriorcat » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:53 am

Hi Frangipani,

Congratulations on what you have acheived so far. :)

Good luck with your journey, i'm sure you will be fine!

Take Care
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkR2Tlx/]
[/url]
warriorcat

Postby Zoe2312 » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:01 pm

Hi! and welcome to the forum! I'm sure you'll find you get LOADS of support on here, it's great! I know what you mean about motivation, I got married in November last year and I should have used it as motivation. I ended up losing 5kg before the wedding, but that still left me at 95 so it wasn't that impressive! since then I put on over 10 and decided enough was enough. so here i am! I'm sure you'll find all the stories on here inspiration enought to keep you going, and there are so many lovely people to encourage you and give you advice :D :D
Zoe2312

Return to Weight loss Talk