It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:38 pm

Free Newsletter

Doing Jenny Craig...very slow progress...need help !!!

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Doing Jenny Craig...very slow progress...need help !!!

Postby Shep » Fri May 12, 2006 9:32 pm

I have been doing Jenny Craig for close on two years. When I started I was 117kgs...today I weighed in at 105.3kgs. Back in October 2005, I was 108....the last 6 months has seen only a 2.7kg loss. I am following the diet quite strictly....

...does anyone have any tips for improvement.

I am a 175cm tall Male....I have recently joined a local gym and do cardio work as well as weight work.

I am getting married in Septmber and really want to lose 20kg by then.
Shep

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri May 12, 2006 10:13 pm

Exercise more and eat healthier!! That's the motto I'm living by and it seems to be working so far. Keeping exercise and food diaries also help keep you accountable and help make you aware of exactly what you are eating/doing.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby KimE » Sat May 13, 2006 5:07 pm

Yep, Tegan has it exercise and eat healthy.

The food and exercise diary is a good idea. I am on the light n easy plan which means all food is supplied except milk. Any time I eat anything 'extra' (over the food supplied and amount of milk allowed) I write it down. I find this keeps me on track and keeps me honest so I can't conveniently forget any naughties I might have had. :twisted: It works for me.

I also keep an exercise diary as this exercise business is still fairly new for me and I find seeing my progression motivates me especially for the strength training (one day I will be able to do push ups from my toes!!).
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Livy » Sat May 13, 2006 7:54 pm

Hi Shep,
How dreadfully frustrating for you!! My advice is this. All of these pre packaged deals only do one thing, and that's control calories. If you have only lost a little over 2kgs in 6months, I think that you must be doing something wrong. I cant' see how you are eating strictly to their rules, exercising and doing all the right things and not losing weight. I know when I have said this in the past it's when I have cheated and have been binging and lying to myself.

Do you know the 'diet' statistics Shep? A MAJORITY of them don't work in the long term. You may lose weight initially, just to put it all back on and more.

Until you get to the root of WHY you are overweight in the first place, and address those issues, you will always be big. I am doing the Betalife program, which is more pschological programing, than dieting. There are no limits, you can eat anything, you just follow the steps, and the more you follow, the more successful you will be. I find the more restrictions put on me, the more I fight the diet and eat more. Check it out, just type Betalife into Google, go to the website and have a look.

I would definatly get off the Jenny Craig bandwagon and try something else. The same dieting program isn't going to work for everyone. Don't keep using your hard earned money to buy food that isn't doing the trick.

Have you always had a weight problem? Do you love junk food? How do you think you got this way?
Kind Thoughts
Liv
Livy

Postby Dolly » Sat May 13, 2006 10:41 pm

Hi Shep, I've found that if I don't drink my 8 glasses of water per day (64oz) my weight often stays the same.
However if you are consuming your water and doing everything right with your diet and exercise then perhaps you could have a thyroid gland problem (hypothyroidism)
Have your doctor give you a blood test to see if your metabolism is possibly sluggish. My sister-in-laws cousin (male) tried for years to figure out why he ate near nothing and kept staying the same weight or gained. A blood test told him he was hypothyroid and he now takes a daily thyroid tablet to turn his metabolism back on.

Otherwise you could try cutting your white starches down (sugar, rice, potato, bread, pasta) I eat none of these things now that I've recently started the Tony Ferguson diet.

Another option would be for you to work out a new eating plan according to the pyramid plan diet,
click here Image http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun May 14, 2006 8:38 am

Dolly's suggestion is a good one, but should however be only the last resort after you've literally tried everything and been honest about how much you put in and everything you are doing doesn't sit with what you are losing/gaining.

If you suspect you might have a slow metabolism, it may be that you are low in iodine which is required for a healthy thyroid function (much of Aus soils are low in iodine because our soils are generally very old so our produce is also fairly low in iodine). I'm taking Kelp tablets to ensure my thyroid has what it needs to keep me ticking over.

Cheers,
Tegan
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Return to Weight loss Talk