It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:15 pm

Free Newsletter

Having Issues

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Having Issues

Postby Moomoo » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:28 pm

At 27th June this year I had lost 14.3kg then I went on a 3 week trip to the UK and put on 1.8 kg - Which is not too bad considering what I ate! :oops:

25/07/08 - I lost 600g
01/08/08 - I put on 600g
Overall effect I have put on 1.8kg!

My total loss is now only 12.5kg I can't seem to get in the right frame of mind for dieting again. :evil:

Things slowed down before I went away and I had plateaued for a couple of weeks at that point.
Problem is I have carried on eating what fancy like I did while I was away! (although no where near as bad!)

The wedding is now less than 1 month away and I know that I am going to regret it if I keep on like I am. 3 weeks of hard dieting should be really easy after the 7months I've already done but it's not! :cry:

My excercise has not been too good - due to something weird going on with my knees - Lots of pain cracking and grinding!
I've had X-rays and thankfully there is no sign of Arthritis or anything bad (I was concerned as there are a lot of knee replacements in Females in our family) The pain etc is due to over use - My physio man has said NO excercise for a while ice packs rest and strapping
Typical! I think excercise is the only reason my weight hasn't balloned up even higher!

On the whole - Pretty Fed up and annoyed right now, Anyone got any ideas on how I can get back on track?!
Moomoo

Re: Having Issues

Postby SarahC » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:56 pm

I know how you feel! I went overseas in June, and put on 3kgs in 2 weeks, and another kg in the week after I got back!!

I've only started to start tackling the issue seriously in the last couple of weeks, after being back for well over a month. It's been sooooo hard trying to deal emotionally with the sudden weight gain, and to motivate myself to try and excercise and/or eat less :(

I'm not too sure what to suggest. I guess you just have to want it bad enough, and be p*ssed off enough at yourself to take action! Like, now!

Must be hard not being able to excercise though. Can you do any upper body workouts perhaps? :?
SarahC

Postby Moomoo » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:16 pm

The thought has been with me all week, I started using my weight watchers tracker on Monday but it was gone by Tuesday morning I have tried to be good this week - Sort of. Not really strict but eating less than last week. We'll see tomorrow I guess.

Threw a tantrum last night - I wanted Honey Chicken from the take away - My fiance said that I don't really want it (which is what I asked him to do!) so I sulked and had nothing! - Snacked on a low fat sausage roll i made and a WW icecream about 8.30pm because I was so hungry! Serves me right!
Moody Cow!
:oops:
Moomoo

Postby ali76 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:39 pm

OK....let's get some perspective...you say your weight loss is now only 12.5 kilos....ONLY?! Do you know how much that is?

Do you buy potatoes? Maybe a 2.5 kilo bag? You've lost 5 of them....5!!! Or put 12 x 1 kilo bags of sugar into a shopping bag and lift it....you've lost MORE than that!!

Be proud of yourself! Don't dwell on the negative...dwelling won't change a thing. Change your mind set and anything is possible. Fire up woman!! :wink:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby lilalutje » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:04 pm

Hi! You have such an amazing goal to work to. Just one more month left and you have already achieved a wonderful weight loss! you should be very proud of yourself.
For the excersive, it might sounds strange, I've been doing pilates now with my diet for 4 months, and I love it. Pilates has excersises laying on your back or belly where you don't need to use your legs at all. Maybe that would be an option? http://pilates.about.com/od/pilatesexer ... ctions.htm here you can see some excercises, I love it, because you really see yourself loosing a few cm.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqklwfZ/]
[/url]

1st goal: 100 kg before christmas.
final goal: 70 kg by my 19th birthday.
lilalutje

Postby Karnak » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:19 pm

Can you swim ? according to Calorieking it's one of the best calorie burners around and there would be no joint issues as its not weigh bearing.

I love swimming and finding that with winter I pretty much have the pool to myself. Only draw back I find is that it tends to stimulate the appetitite so eat dinner / breakfast AFTER you swim else you'll end up needing another meal.

Other ideas :

Boxing - but rather than leaping and bouncing about just stand there. It'll still work up a sweat, you'll have great arms / upper body / waist for the dress and since your standing there your knees will be fine.
Toning - things like situps /arms / ab workouts etc can be chosen that won't stress the knees but it'll still be burning calories and helping your muscle tone. As bits tone up it'll notice too. Sure you can't spot reduce but toning helps tighten bits and gives a bit of definition.

Good luck and have an amazing day :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby lilalutje » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:01 am

Swimming isn't a bad idea at all!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wqklwfZ/]
[/url]

1st goal: 100 kg before christmas.
final goal: 70 kg by my 19th birthday.
lilalutje