It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:46 am

Free Newsletter

What should I have on treat day:)

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What should I have on treat day:)

Postby fairycakes » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:28 pm

Ok, here's my dilemma, I always let myself have 1 'treatie' day per week, otherwise I don't think I could be so strict wth my diet. This week I have started the meditrim food plan and have lost .5kg YAY.
Friday is my 'Treat' day, but I really do not want to undo all of the good work. I was thinking of making some sushi rolls with smoked salmon and avocado as a treat, because on this food plan I have cut out some carbs such as rice, bread and pasta, so the only ones I am eating are fruit (2 pieces per day) and veggies (mostly green). Thus rice in the sushi would be a treat!
Does this sound like a good option, even though it is high in carbs?
My other treat is going to be an apple slice as I have been craving for one :roll:
Therefore, if I have my protein shake for breakky, shake and fruit and almonds for lunch and sushi and a cake and a glass of wine for dinner, do you think it would hamper my progress?
I can't wait for friday hehehe!! :lol:
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wnxqJvT/]
[/url]
fairycakes

Re: What should I have on treat day:)

Postby Strawberry » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:29 am

whatever you want - isn't that the point of a treat?
just make sure you don't go overboard with it.
Strawberry

Postby carinna » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:34 pm

Your suggestion sounds delicious! Come on, Friday!!! :wink:
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby cherry847 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:41 am

Go for it! If you keep a normal portion size then you should be fine.... one day can't undo heaps of good work, but if you are feeling a bit guilty then maybe do an extra 20 minute workout or something, go for a walk, do some weights, or something like that? I always do that if I know I'm going to be eating out or something to make me feel less 'guilty' about indulging myself.
Enjoy!!!! :D
This week's goal... control portion sizes!
cherry847

Postby Littlegirl » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:50 pm

Im addicted to anything chocolate! so for me, my best way to curb my cravings is to avoid it completley and compensate with something else i know im not going to crave daily. For me i cant stop at a row or one chocolate, i just want to eat the whole family block! so now i just make some low fat-gluten free muffins (pre-mixed), and something that will give me a treat, but something that wont tempt me to overindulge.

:P i failed to mention i enjoyed a huge slice of chocolate royale mousse cake this week......
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Return to Weight loss Talk