It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Free Newsletter

What is your biggest motivator?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

What is your biggest motivator?

Postby carinna » Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:37 am

I'm sure this has been asked before, but it deserves another go. What or who is your motivator in your weightloss journey? Is it fitting into your "skinny" clothes again? Is it an upcoming wedding? Is hitting the beach looking fab your goal that keeps you going?

For me, it's looking on the outside how I feel on the inside. I want to turn heads again! And I want to FEEL better.

Your turn. :mrgreen:
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Re: What is your biggest motivator?

Postby Shalimar » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:26 am

For me it's all the great clothes around and the fact that I know as each week goes by I look better and better. pPositive comments from people also go along way to keeping me on track.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby meegs » Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:16 pm

Motivation - well apart from being healthier for my kids.. and being able to do more things with them, I would also love to be able to walk into any shop and say - I'll take that thanks!.

I am part of a group personal training group! (Step into Life), so my motivation is being able to keep up with the "big boys", those you just seem to be able to do it easily (if that makes sense!).

Cheers,
Meegs
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZmhU33/]
[/url]
meegs

Postby Littlegirl » Sat Aug 23, 2008 11:56 pm

Me - our wedding pictures turned out all blurry, then just as we were going to get them re-done and get re-dressed etc etc i found out i was pregnant and coudn't fit into my dress. So my goal is to lose the pregnancy weight, fit into my dress again (fingers crossed) and then get a whole new batch taken.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Postby jessica86 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:24 pm

fitting into my old size 8 clothes, especially all my sportsgirl short shorts and roxy & billabong bikini's!

we are going on our honeymoon next year to thailand, and i wanna look fab in a bikini, so thats a huge motivator.

<3 jess
jessica86

Postby Strawberry » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:19 pm

my motivation is to look and feel better about myself. i want to bring out my inner thinness and look HOT. i just want to look good - that's my motivation.
Strawberry

Postby Shalimar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:35 pm

Strawberry wrote:my motivation is to look and feel better about myself. i want to bring out my inner thinness and look HOT. i just want to look good - that's my motivation.

Inner thinness, I like that :lol: .

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby holly80 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:18 pm

What motivates me now is looking in the mirror and being so upset with the way I look. Maybe coz my best friend is a stick and she has kids.

Plus I am moving soon so I wanna get a great body for it so I am not known as the big girl across the road

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby FlaGal » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:45 am

I am the new girl on the block here so I hope it is ok if I post here.
My biggest motivator is my health. Right now i am having bad knee and hip problems and cannot walk good at all anymore. And stay in alot of pain from it.
Hoping losing this weight will help that.
FlaGal
FlaGal

Postby MissMinx » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:50 am

My couple of motivators:

1. To fit into a really sxc pair of designer jeans - I want to look and feel fantastic in them.

2. To look nice and slim for my trip in Bali this coming November - I bought size 10 bikinis and theyre waiting for me to fit into them!

;)
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby hippy_shake » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:54 am

My motivators are:
1. To look great for my wedding and be really happy with the photos
2. To be able to wear a bikini on my honeymoon in thailand!
3. To be fit enough to do the 10km run for the noosa triathlon this year (I'm already booked in so I need to be able to do it!)
4. To finally be happy with my body and not be self conscious anymore!! I want to look and feel great!!
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby Zoe2312 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:57 am

My main motivation is to be a fit, healthy role model for my children (which i don't have yet) and to give my husband and I the best chance I can of getting pregnant. But also i have other motivations, like being able to fit into sizes I haven't squeezed into since school, and being able to be competitive at sport again, and looking good for my husband, and not looking in the mirror and feeling sad :D
Zoe2312

Postby Strawberry » Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:06 pm

aswell as looking hot when i reach goal my other great motivator ATM is completing my 30 day shred challenge lol i'm not fussed on exercise so this is huge for me lol
Strawberry

Return to Weight loss Talk