It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Celebs. What do you REALLY think?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Celebs. What do you REALLY think?

Postby Sussy » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:56 pm

I just want to ask a question, simple but always leaves me wondering.

All these celebrities are soooo thin and i wonder what on earth they could possibly eat all day, every day to get to and even maintain these tiny frames?

I know the stock standard answer is "They don't eat." But they HAVE to otherwise they'd be dead.

I can see how poeple get down to a particular weight but then maintaining it can be just as hard as losing the weight in the first place, i just think they would have to be eating such small amounts of food, with very little sustanance or substance.

I'm amazed Nicole Richie even got pregnant - she was/is skeletal and i just assumed her natural body funtions would have been up S#@% creek.

I know some people are naturally thin and can eat whatever they like within reason, but celebs have really shrunk over recent years and surely not all of them are "naturally" thin.

Re: Celebs. What do you REALLY think?

Postby jessica86 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 4:37 pm

i think most celebs are way too skinny and cant possibly eat to stay that thin, however im sure alot of celebs really do follow a very healthy diet & exercise to keep trim for their careers. i mean, working on movies or in a recording studio all day everyday would require a certain level of health & fitness. just because someone is skinny doesnt mean they are or arent healthy. a friend of mine at high school was thinner than nicole richie, but she worked at it, she was very healthy, never ate anything with fat or sugar in it, and exercised 5 days a week to stay fit. another friend of mine follows a very similar regime and isnt that thin- different peoples bodies respond to the same thing- some get very thin, others stay the same. i think alot of celebs bodies are naturally thin- but im sure they eat healthy & exercise to stay natuarally thin. ive read in gossip magazines, like victoria beckhams normal diet- of fruit & vegies & low fat grainy breads & pasta's equalling about 1000-1500cals a day, and how this is a starvation diet- to me that is a normal diet! i think the common people need to stop thinkin that eating things like sugar & fats can be part of a healthy diet, then whinge about being fat. look at celebs like alicia silverstone & natalie portman- both vegans who eat very little sugar & fats and are both very thin girls, becuase they are healthy and they work at it!

<3 jess

Postby electrongirl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:00 pm

they have access to drugs and pretty much everything else out there.

They also have the means to be able to sleep for days on end when they are low on energy etc not like normal people that have to go to work etc.

Money is all you need to live such a dangerous unhealthy lifestyle yet keep it up so long.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby holly80 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:19 pm

They all have personal trainers... And I guess if i was on tv I would eat like a rabbit to lol

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!

Postby shark » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:47 pm

I'd say a lot of them aren't healthy, they are either anorexic, bulimic etc or heading that way or they live on coffee and other drugs. Then the ones who are healthy can do that because they have hours of time to exercise (they don't work full time and if they have kids they have nannies etc to help with them) and lots of money to get gourmet health food prepared for them, personal trainers on call, etc etc. Oh and of course lots of their pictures are digitally enhanced / airbrushed to make them look even skinnier than they are.

Postby Sussy » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:47 pm

I guess they also have millions of dollars being offered to them to add to their motivation to be thin.

Postby chocoholic » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:46 pm

Its scary how thin some of them are. I guess they have enough money to have the best personal trainer, food prepared, etc.
SW: 91 kg
CW: 94.7 kg
GW: 70 kg

1. 91kg (my original SW)
2. 85.5kg (BMI in 'overweight' category)
3. 80kg
4. 75kg
5. 70kg (BMI in 'Normal' weight range)

Return to Weight loss Talk