It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:52 am

Free Newsletter

How did it happen?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

How did it happen?

Postby Littlegirl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:03 am

Hey there,

Im just interested to know how and the reasons why we got to a certain weight before we decided and/or realised that we needed/wanted to lose weight?

Me - Being pregnant i caved into my cravings with the false belief that it would all just "simply drop off" after i gave birth. :lol: fat chance!. Also i was in alot of pain during my pregnancy and comfort food became my downfall.

Just interested, thats all!

Hope everyone is having a great evening!

Littlegirl
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Re: How did it happen?

Postby Littlegirl » Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:32 am

I guess another good thing to ask would what changes have u implemented to ensure you dont put it all back on?

Me - im trying to watch my portion size and choosing healthier options. If im having a "bad day" ill go for something now i'll know i wont over indulge in like a bit of plain sponge cake etc rather than chocolate (chocolate is my biggest downfall, i can never stop at eating just one).
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Postby Shalimar » Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:17 am

Hi Littlegirl, I have always been a big person. When I got pregnant I was about the weight I am now. I didn't put on a huge amount while pregnant but after bubs (he will 10 in October) was born I stacked on heaps. I think it was largely due to being a stay at home mum and having the fridge/cupboards/freezer/pantry at my disposal. If I fancied something "tasty" for lunch then there was Chinese or pizza up the road.

I had known for a few years that I needed to do something to get my weight under control but every time the junk food would win.
At the beginning of this year I decided the time was right and that I was ready to do this for me, not for the doctor delicately saying I should trim down, not because of a comment from a well meaning relative but for ME.
When I started I thought it go like all my efforts previously but I stuck with it but when there was a noticeable difference and I could see myself physically getting smaller it spurned me on.

By allowing myself a "little bit of what I fancy" ensures that I don't get too many cravings and that helps to keep me on the straight and narrow as does scouring the shops for lower calorie/fat alternatives, while they may be nutritionally sound all of the time I figure a couple of sweet biccies and a coffee with my lunch is far better than 1/2 a pkt. of biscuits later that night.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Postby Strawberry » Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:38 pm

i've been dieting since I was 11/12 - i was never fat or over weight but one summer i saw a picture of me in a bikini sitting down, i had a little tummy fat roll & the dieting started from there. I've gone on countless diets always yo-yoing, gaining & losing 10kgs - in my adult years.
this time i'm going at it in a healthy lifestyle change mentality rather than diet mentality.
what i've done differently is: eat everything i enjoy without cutting or banning foods just make sure its low kj and fat friendly and portioned sized and in moderation.
Strawberry

Return to Weight loss Talk