It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

How do/did you determine your goal weight?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: How do/did you determine your goal weight?

Postby Zoe2312 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:07 am

let us know if you dig it up Strawberry! I'd like to know, because at the moment I'm really just guessing.. :D
Zoe2312

Postby Jisgone » Thu Aug 28, 2008 12:21 am

i did a net search and apparantly below 7 and a 1/4 inch is small boned, between that and 8 inches is medium and above 8 is big boned
i have 6 inch wrists, but im definately big boned (at 85kgs i was a comfy size 14 and im only 5'6)
maybe im big boned with small wrists :)
Jisgone

Postby carinna » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:52 am

I've been at my goal weight before, and felt confident in the way I looked and felt. So I'd like to be back to that weight again. Plus I still have clothes that used to fit me then, that I use as my goal clothes.
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby SarahC » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:12 am

Wow, my wrist is only 5 1/2 inches! I must be very small boned. Yeah right!!!! :shock:

My goal weight is just the weight that I have been (a few times) before and I know how I feel when I'm that weight - it's fantastic!!! Around the 19 BMI mark so if you want to go that way, it's not overly low either :)
SarahC

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:40 pm

I also did a net search and I got completely different numbers. By mine inder 5.5 inches was little boned, upto 7 was medium and 7 and over was large.

Mine is 70 inches which made me large boned and I used it to calculate my healthy weight at my height and my healthy weight is 65 kgs :shock: I look skeletal at that weight.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby teddybear17 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:08 pm

I am just going to see when I feel happy when I look in the mirror. I have been obese for half my life, and morbidly obese for over 20 years, so I can not say what weight I look ok at. My ideal weight would be around 60kgs, but I really don't know if I will get that low. When I get to 80 I will decide something then.

This is my first major goal.
Next one is to get under 80kgs.
Finally, somewhere around 60kgs.
teddybear17

Postby ali76 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:25 pm

I've gone on what I think looks healthy on me (i'm 168cms) and when I was fit and healthy.

I'd rather be 70 kilos - fit, strong and healthy, than 60 kilos and unfit weak and unhealthy!

Also used my BMI to see what was recommended :P
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:54 pm

Well, I'd never been what I would call slim and fit so I didn't have a personal memory of a "good" weight on me... which probably would have changed by then anyway. BUT my sister is a fit young thing and I know she hovers around the 65kg mark. But she's more fine than me, I take more after my dad's side which is a bit stockier than mum's, so I figured an extra 5kg on my sister would be about right. So I went with 70kg as a vague goal, but always intended to assess things as it went.

I've kinda petered out at somewhere between 75 and 80kg (currently at 80kg) and at about a size 10-12 depending on my place in that 5kg range, and I figure that even though to my warped eyes I still look like a ball of blubber, this is probably a good place to stay and maintain.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Freddy » Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:30 pm

I weighed myself and just wanted to lose 15kg's. At the moment I weigh exactly 100kg, making my goal 85kg.
Freddy

Postby iwillbeathinbride » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:52 am

hey there,
it seems no ones being using this forum lately but i'll try any way. im after my ideal weight, so if any one can give me a hand it would be greatly appreciated. here are my stats.
female
im 162cm short,
weigh 80kg
12/14 E bra size (i've always been top heavey)
short waist
and fairly even with my hips and shoulders
Like i said any help would be fantastic
cheers
iwillbeathinbride

Postby Fireball » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:35 am

Miss Minx - have a great time in Bali.

I used a combination of methods too, then picked a weight a bit higher than my romanatic skinny notions and hope I'll feel happy when I reach it. I am so far form my gaol weight taht it feels abit irrelevanbt to me at te moment anyway. One thing, I'm worried about having excess skin so that has influenced me too.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby ali76 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:59 am

Fireball, I'm not 100% sure but from what I understand, mot people dont get saggy skin from weight loss if they do it slowly...if you follow a crash diet or lose it too quickly (Biggest Loser Style) you're more prone.....someone correct me if I'm wrong!

Iwillbeathinbride (btw, i will be too!!) look up some websites regarding bmi (body mas index) - if you put in your details it will give you an indication of your healthy weight range.

Good luck everyone!

xoxo
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:22 am

Here's a link with little bit of information about saggy skin and weight loss for anyone worried about it:
SparkPeople: Ask the Experts questions section

The trick is to lose weight slowly. If you're only losing 0.5kg to 1kg per week your skin should shrink to keep up with your weight loss. Like Ali said, it's when you lose a huge weight quickly that you tend to get a lot of excess skin.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fireball » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:35 am

That is interesting. I have read articles saying it is individual - weight to lose, age yadiyadiyah. I like what this one says so I'll work on that until it's proven otherwise. :lol:

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby Freddy » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:57 pm

Here's a new one to determine your perfect weight. For men: Your height (in cm) minus 100. For women: Your height (in cm) minus 110. Somehow it comes awfully close to BMI calculation...

I did have to adjust my goal weight though. My previous goal was 85. As I look at myself, comparing the weight loss with the actual change in measurements, I had to adjust my goal weight to 80.
Freddy

PreviousNext

Return to Weight loss Talk