It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:34 am

Free Newsletter

Lemon Detox Diet

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Lemon Detox Diet

Postby Littlegirl » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:23 am

Hi There,

Just wondering if anyone has tried the lemon detox diet for 10 days? If its been discussed in a previous thread if someone could post the link it would be great :D cause i can't find anything about it. I'm thinking of trying it for the week and wondering if anyone has had some success with it and if it is really difficult to do?

Re: Lemon Detox Diet

Postby cherry847 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:33 am

Hi Littlegirl,

There is a thread here somewhere but I'm not quite sure how to post it so hopefully someone else can! In my personal opinion I think it's a waste of time, I mean essentially if you stop eating for 10 days you will definatley lose some weight but you will be forcing your body into starvation mode, which means it will hang onto every single calorie you consume and not only for the 10 days, because it will take a little while for your body to recognise that food is readily available again so many people end up putting the weight back on almost straight away.

Some people here have tried it and from memory most have given up after 1 or 2 days because giving up food is hard and the drink is pretty disgusting although some people like it :D

At the end of the day your liver was designed to be 'detoxing' your body all day, every day, so simply cutting out heavily processed foods will assist this process without having to give up food. But once again that's just my opinion and I'm sure that it has worked for some people! Good luck if you decide to go ahead :D
This week's goal... control portion sizes!

Postby SarahC » Fri Aug 29, 2008 3:20 pm

Yep there have been a couple of threads started up about this, none with anything positive to say about the diet :roll:

I don't think it would be such a good idea to go for 10 days mostly because of the extremely low calories in the diet meaning your body would go into starvation mode. Also, denying yourself of food for that long could lead to binging later on.

I have tried it in the past, with the intention of only going for one day to "freshen up". Couldn't even to that!! By 8pm I was emptying the contents of my kitchen into my mouth!! :lol:

Postby yoyogirl88 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:25 pm

If you are thinking about a Detox, then Instead of one that makes you give up food maybe go for a Herbal Detox program, Most of these tell you what you can and cant eat for a week to 15 days. They arent for losing weight but for giving your inards a flush and a break. I have done a 15 day one before and I felt amazing after about 5 days (though expect to become good friends woth the loo) and I did lose some weight also (I was also jogging of a morning and walking of a night). The only downside with this is they are mainly no meat, no dairy, no processed foods, so coming off it means you are best to slowly introduce some of these types of foods back into your eating plan.

I know a lot of people dont like detoxes, as they are deemed "a quick fix", but you just have to see that they arent they are just a way of cleaning up your system, which may improve your weight loss goals.

I personally plan to do one as soon as I get into my own place and can do my own shopping.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9

Postby sss_girl » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:33 am

btw it was on the 5 day program not the full 10 day program......

i heard 3 days on 3 days off.... for a month is also effective...

please feel free to comment on the photos.....

Return to Weight loss Talk