It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Free Newsletter

My first step to fat loss

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

My first step to fat loss

Postby burnnbuild » Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:30 pm

I thought I’d tell you guys a small story about the very first time a saw success with losing extra fat. I had been doing lots of steady state cardio for with about 500 reps of different ab exercises a day and some very light bench press. Trust me, I didn’t even lose 1 pound and my “trainer” had the nerve to say – ‘That’s just your body type. You can never get lean.’ I just wanted to kill that guy. At this point, I started doing my own research. Although, the research was very incomplete, it helped. This is the routine I was given by the trainer.

1 hour on the treadmill at intensity at 60% of my max heart rate
500 reps of my choice of ab exercises
3 x 30 bench press with 5 pound weights

Now does that look sensible? Anyways, after I did all my research, I created my own diet and exercise plan. My diet included milk, egg whites, chicken, yogurt, salad, whole meal bread and fruit. I avoided all carbs after 7pm. Took 7 small meals a day and drank lots of water. Now comes the fun part. This was my exercise routine.

Monday
Chest, shoulders and Triceps followed by HIIT for 15 minutes on a stationary bike

Wednesday
Back and biceps followed by HIIT for 15 minutes on a stationary bike

Friday
Lower body followed by HIIT for 15 minutes on a stationary bike

Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
10 minutes on the stepper
15 pushups
15 squats
15 pushups
15 squats
15 pushups
15 squats
15 pushups
15 squats

A set of ab exercise routines (upper, lower and obliques without any rest alternating between upper lower and then each side of the obliques)
10 minutes on the treadmill

I followed the above routine for about 3 weeks and lost like 7 kilos and started to see some definition in my abs region. I also lost two and a half inches off my waist. I am sure i gained some muscle during this time as well. It was so cool to through it in that trainers face. The funny thing is…he had 16 years of experience. I don’t know what kind of experience he was getting but he knew 'SQUAT'. I’m afraid there are a lot more trainers like that around as and we follow them blindly, hoping to see results. Hope this was useful.
burnnbuild

Re: My first step to fat loss

Postby nevarine » Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:36 am

Wow, 500 reps of abs exercise seems a lot!

My personal trainer would always say that I should never do more than 20 rep per set, and that it's much more important that I do it right than many times.
If it gets easy, just add some weight or change to a different routine.

Your diet and plan seem great to me. Great job :)
nevarine

Return to Weight loss Talk