It is currently Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:27 am

Free Newsletter

The worst fast food you could possibly buy

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: The worst fast food you could possibly buy

Postby shark » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:26 am

I wouldn't buy anything from them, but I'd munch through a homemade version with salad and proper bread (and no bacon, cause I don't like it much) if I was hungry.

Postby rivenriver » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:10 pm

In Germany, at Hungry Jacks (or was it Burger King?) you can get 1, 2, 3 or 4 patties on all of the burgers. A friend of mine got a Whopper with 4 patties - it cost him 10 Euro and took him 20 minutes to eat. And he's was a big, in shape 17 year old. He loved every moment of it, too. And it looked nothing like that picture, it looked fine.

I think, if you are hungry enough to eat one and you like the idea, why not? It's just like getting any other fast food. It's simply the amount that is in this thing that is huge - it's like 500g of meat. But beyond that, it's just a burger. If a teenage boy wants to eat that, why not? Or anyone? Hungary Jacks aren't forcing us to eat them, and those who are saying it's irresponsible of them to sell it need to remember that people have this thing called free will. We don't live in a nanny state, and we don't need the government to tell us what we should and shouldn't be eating. Anyone wants to eat one of those, all power to them. Not the best thing to do if you're trying to loose weight, but beyond that, who cares?

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:19 pm

Ew, ew EW. When I first saw the add for these, I felt sick. After being on my diet for a while, I can't eat that kinda thing a lot. I mean, a whopper when I'm feeling sinnish, but even then I feel queazy afterwards . . . though that could just be where I bought it from. But yeah, HJs needs to think what they're doing to's gross.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .

Postby faTTi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:46 pm

CrimsonThunder wrote:As usual these kind of articles don't know what they're talking about.

In that time, companies such as McDonald's and KFC have introduced healthy alternatives on their Australian menus while providing nutrition information of their products.

KFC has never introduced anything thats healthy, its one of the only stores that doesn't care. Everything thats made at KFC is deep fried (even the potato and gravy because they use the left overs from the chicken thats been cooking in the oil) And KFC offers no nutritional information. >.>

HJ's is allowed to sell whatever they want, they're not doing anything bad. Its up to the people to not buy it, then they wont sell it because it would be a waste of advertising money. :)

What about those KFC "healthy" breast pieces, only 7 odd grams of fat apiece! Never mind that they are the size of my thumb :lol:

I think the HJ burger looks awful, but then I don't much like any of their stuff.

First Mini Goal: 100kg

Postby mythril_hawk » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:12 am

Its only 300 calories worse than a standard McDonalds Qtr Pounder to be honest lol.

If you dont want it, dont buy it, simple :)

Return to Weight loss Talk