It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:02 pm

Free Newsletter

Weight loss?

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Weight loss?

Postby askhakwani » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:31 pm

how can i lose 2 pounds a week for four weeks? how many calories should i eat a day and how long should i work out?

in 4 weeks im getting another shoot done at my agency. im 125lbs, 5ft 9, and need to shift some and tone...
if i eat a bowl of porrige, a brown bread sandwich, lo fat crisps and pure vegetable soup how much excercize would i have to do daily?

many thanks for your answer, Askhakwani
Last edited by matchbox on Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: NO ADVERTISING
askhakwani

Re: Weight loss?

Postby rivenriver » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:19 pm

Well, to start with, you're currently borderline UNDERweight, and loosing 8 pounds is going to make you very clearly underweight.

I assume by agency you mean a modelling agency? Those places are full of crap. If they are telling you to loose weight, then get out of there. You're underweight now, you don't need to drop any more.

Go with what feels right for you. When your body tells you to eat, eat. When your body tells you to exercise, exercise. Do what your body wants you to do, not what some has beens with a warped idea of beauty want you to do, and you'll end up the size you are supposed to be - that is, HEALTHY.
rivenriver

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:28 pm

Im actually quite offended that you would even come here to ask such a question, when alot of us have struggled with weight most of our lives and are currently working our butts off to shift this weight once and for all.

I agree with riven river you are pretty much underweight now ... so please don't come in here asking how to lose weight when you are already verging on unhealthy.

Thank you.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby ali76 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:39 pm

Cut off an arm maybe?? It would be just as healthy!! :shock:
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Johnny_walts » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:47 pm

Hi askhakwani,

To know about calories and workout, I would like to suggest you to get help from (link removed by moderator)
Johnny_walts

Postby anaksedang » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:12 pm

askhakwani wrote:how can i lose 2 pounds a week for four weeks? how many calories should i eat a day and how long should i work out?

in 4 weeks im getting another shoot done at my agency. im 125lbs, 5ft 9, and need to shift some and tone...
if i eat a bowl of porrige, a brown bread sandwich, lo fat crisps and pure vegetable soup how much excercize would i have to do daily?

many thanks for your answer, Askhakwani

well, weight loss is a long process. You need to be patient. If you need to lose weight in such a hurry, I think you'll fail miserably.
anaksedang

Postby miranda*jane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:52 pm

You're underweight by anyone's measurement, I'm sorry. I don't mean to sound harsh or rude or whatever, but your agency/boss/whatever, is seriously deluded if they're telling you that you need to lose weight. I agree with Goddess. Perhaps you came here and asked for help because you just wanted to be nasty and rub it it . . . or perhaps you generally thought you need help. If it's the latter, then you really do. Perhaps from an employment agency to find you another job.

I can tell you now, that when I look at models in magzines and whatever, I hate seeing all these skinny things with nothing to them. I'd rather see a model (male or female) with more boobs and bum than bones. it's more atractive when the clothing or whatever has something to cling to rather than hang off of.

Don't lose weight. Go see a doctor and put it on, you'll feel and look better for it.
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby faTTi » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:39 pm

ali76 wrote:Cut off an arm maybe?? It would be just as healthy!! :shock:

:lol: :lol:

advertising scam, i suspect :roll:

First Mini Goal: 100kg

faTTi

Postby SarahC » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:20 pm

I agree, does look like an advertising post to me.

BUT, I'm a bit peed off at the responses (well I'm peed off in general today, so I'm going to try and be as polite as I can). It is HARD to lose weight when you are already at a normal weight! This person (whether genuine or not) is clearly unhappy with her body and the excess fat that she feels she has is keeping her from persuing her passion of modelling (whatever we may think of skinny models - irrelevant)

Point being, this is a SUPPORT forum and we should be here to support anyone who is trying to lose body fat, regardless of how big or small they are :(
SarahC

Postby Tarz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:17 pm

SarahC wrote:I agree, does look like an advertising post to me.

BUT, I'm a bit peed off at the responses (well I'm peed off in general today, so I'm going to try and be as polite as I can). It is HARD to lose weight when you are already at a normal weight! This person (whether genuine or not) is clearly unhappy with her body and the excess fat that she feels she has is keeping her from persuing her passion of modelling (whatever we may think of skinny models - irrelevant)

Point being, this is a SUPPORT forum and we should be here to support anyone who is trying to lose body fat, regardless of how big or small they are :(

I agree sarah that yes we should be helping anyone that comes here looking for help but the person that has started this thread is too underweight that its not healthy for them to lose more. I think askhakwani needs to look at toning rather than losing weight. I'm sure askhakwani didn't mean to offend anyone.
Tarz

Return to Weight loss Talk