It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:24 am

Free Newsletter

Tell me your alcohol intake

Anything and everything concerning weight loss.

Moderator: Moderators

Tell me your alcohol intake

Postby sunshine » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:13 pm

I have given up alcohol, or trying to and have gone without for 2 weeks. I was wondering if you drink, how often and what quantity. I am finding it difficult not to have my glass of wine, but I usually end up indulging in more, so I thought I would just stop alltogether. Whats your alcohol intake?
sunshine

Re: Tell me your alcohol intake

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:36 pm

I'm like you trying to cut it out.

Basically Ive been dieting for 7 weeks now and 6 out 7 weeks Ive had a drink on Saturday nights. This weekend just gone I did touch a drop because im trying to get down to my goal in about 8 weeks time.

Before that I was drinking on average on a Saturday night:

3 glasses of white wine
3-4 glasses of vodka mixed with sugar free lemonade

MissMinx
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby ali76 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:12 pm

I try really hard not to have any...at the most I'll have a glass of red with dinner if we go out (maybe once a week).

If I'm at a function for work, I'll drink half white wine with soda...keeps me hydrated while being social and not feeling like I'm missing out!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby matchbox » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:02 pm

i hardly ever drink, onlyon very special occassions i'll have one, maybe 2. birthdays, xmas, etc or if i'm going somewhere special. i've gone off it quite a bit and am fussy with what i drink. i don't drink wine with dinner etc either. i'm not a big drinker though
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Freddy » Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:39 pm

I just started my second week of dieting, and don't have to stop. Simply because I never started ;)

I just drink 1 beer or 1 glass of wine every 6 months, so there's not really a reason for me to try to change that :)
Freddy

Postby SarahC » Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:35 pm

Normally... nothing.

If it's a special occasion, event, outing, party, or just have friends/family over, then anything from one up to 5 or 6 glasses of wine. I'm not opposed to the occasional binge drinking session :mrgreen:
SarahC

Postby shark » Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:49 pm

I have been off alcohol for about 15 months. Generally i don't miss it - hardly drank anything before than anyway as I've been pregnant or breastfeeding for most of the last 6 years! - but occasionally I feel as though I'd like a small drink because it's a special occasion. If this happens, I find it helps to have non alcoholic alternatives on hand. If everyone else is having champagne, I have sparkling juice. If gin and tonic is being served, I have tonic or soda water with fresh lemon or lime juice, and it's just as nice. To reduce the calorie intake, I do the same as I would with alcoholic drinks and drink a heap of water first, that way it's easy to sip slowly and enjoy the drink rather than sculling it down because of feeling thirsty.
shark

Postby Strawberry » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:16 am

Saturday nights I have 1-3 glasses of wine and 1glass during the week with meals if i feel like it. I save calories for this though so I'm never over my cal intake. I guess it all comes down to moderation. it's something i don't want to give up i know i can still lose weight & my wine, i don't feel like i'm missing out.
Strawberry

Postby Siana-leah » Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:37 pm

I dont drink alcohol....if i do its max once or twice a year....and only a tiny amount. I just dont have that desire for it. Chocolate on the other hand......
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wWJeIU2/]
[/url]
Siana-leah

Postby Czarina » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:40 pm

I don't drink much now, maybe a 4-pack of sugar-free Cruisers (ugh, how pathetic), I used to drink a lot more than that, like everyone else in Bendigo! For me a quiet night on the weekend would've been half a bottle of Scotch or Tequila and half a bottle of red wine as a chaser! LOL!
Czarina

Postby Diminishing » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:55 pm

I used to be a lush to be honest with you. Then pregnancy and motherhood saw me give up the alcohol pretty much entirely.

So pre 2003 (when I was first pregnant) I was a bottle of wine a night girl, more at weekends (eek?!) and now I am half a glass of wine about once every month...........
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby yoyogirl88 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:26 pm

I very rarely drink. I go out on a sat night about once every 2 months. Also like tonight I might get a small bottle of chardy to sip on.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

Postby sunshine » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:02 pm

Thanks everyone. I am trying to give up alcohol completely, I have been doing okay so far. I do miss my glass of wine, but since I can never stop at one, I am trying to just not drink at all. I have had immense sugar cravings since giving up and am valiantly trying not to replace my wine intake with chocolate :mrgreen:
sunshine

Postby Strawberry » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:02 pm

sunshine wrote:am valiantly trying not to replace my wine intake with chocolate

yeah you don't want to replace one bad habit with another.
Strawberry

Postby Simo » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:18 pm

I like to have my weekly drinks with mates but ever since I started eating healthy and exercising I totally cut alcohol out, I read diet fizzy drinks like coke zero and spirits are better for you than sugary premixes or beer. I thought about it long and hard and finally decided to start drinking again in moderation with zero sugar mixers. Having said that I haven't actually started drinking during my diet yet but this weekend I'm going to give it a test and see how much it effects my weight loss, I've been losing at a steady space so far so any set backs will be a direct result of the alcohol and an indication not to drink after all.

I'll let you know how I went and what I drank and how it effected my weight loss.

177cm Male - 19 years old
----------------
04/09/08 - 97.2kg
11/09/08 - 94.5kg
18/09/08 - 93.3kg
24/09/08 - 91.7kg
04/04/09 - 83.5kg

GW - 80kg
Simo

Next

Return to Weight loss Talk